“Great place to stay!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Great place to stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Me and my best friend went to Disneyland last week and stayed here. We are only 18 so we obviously didn't have much money and wanted to make this a budget trip. The room was really inexpensive in our opinion so we didn't expect much from it, but it was amazing! Way better than my own bedroom even. My family also went to Disneyland last year and stayed in a hotel that was like $40 more a night and this one was as nice or nicer than the previous one. Everyone was efficient and helpful (we needed a lot of help since we were 18 year olds traveling alone, many states away from our home). It's a really short walk from Disneyland. We only passed 2 intersections to get to Disneyland. There's also a shuttle service that arrives right in front of the hotel that takes you right to Disneyland. All in all, awesome hotel and I completely recommend it!

PS: I rated the Spa 4/5 stars because I didn't use it, but I'm sure it's great.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
caanah845, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 2 June 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you back in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

Stayed 2 nights with my family on a trip to Disneyland. Got it on a fire sale so the rate was lower than one of the hotels across from main gate. Overall the quality and service was better, although there is a 10 minutes walk. The walk is a pleasant one, so we enjoyed it.

Service was great. Front Desk promptly found me a ground floor room so we didn't have to take the stairs or elevator (I injured my knee), there was no bell service but it was expected. The swimming pool is decent, with towel service and lots of chairs. The room is fairly big, with a very roomy bathroom - it will fit 4 adults and still very comfortable. Refrigerator was empty and available for our own drinks instead of any overpriced hotel filled bar items - that's good. Microwave and coffee machine are provided; both worked with no issue. The air conditioner unit is somewhat noisy and can be hard to adjust for the right temperature, but we figured it out and had no issue. Business Center had 3 working computers and they don't charge for printing; also WIFI is provided free of charge. It's also super that they didn't charge a 'resort fee' like some other hotels in this area do.

The only thing I'd suggest an improvement was the $14 per day self-parking. This is overpriced, given another hotel across from main gate has $9 per day valet parking. Being a 10 min walk from main gate, Red Lion should offer free self-parking or at least lower the rate. But if you don't drive (that's a recommendation - don't drive) then this is a no issue.

Overall we had a great time staying at Red Lions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on ground floor - it's closer to restaurant, business center and the pool. Plus...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you and your family back in the future for another enjoyable and memorable stay.
Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

We stayed at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim in April 2012.
The room is quite big, bed is comfortable. Free Wi-Fi was a huge plus. Location was convenient. Breakfast was adequate. The gift shop located at the hotel had a good range of souvenirs.
However, air-con in the room was quite noisy and I could see lots of food crumbs / pieces trapped in the crevices of the air-con unit which is mounted at the bottom of the wall near the windows. Bedroom slippers were not provided. No kettle was provided for boiling water. We were told to use the coffee maker to boil water which took very long. Maybe we did not know how to use it properly.
Overall, it was pretty okay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
caanah845, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to have you and your family back again when you are in the Anaheim area. I am sorry to hear about the problem you experienced with the A.C I will pass on your feedback to the necessary department to assure this is not a problem with any of our returned or future guest.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2012

The room was a good size and standard amenities were found in the bathroom. The hotel in and of itself seems to be quiet except for 2 beeps that would ring out every so often from the hallway.

Night 1:
I checked in and realized that a wall unit air conditioner (as opposed to central) was installed in the room. That was fine enough except that I chose to set the air at about 75 degrees before I went to bed and the unit was blowing and running all night long. If you can rack this up to background noise, you'll be fine. If not, it will disturb your sleep.

The bathroom in my room (707) had cracks/peeling in the ceiling (see photo) and a corroded tub stopper (see photo).

Once I finally got to sleep, I was awakened at 3:27a.m by the room's alarm clock going off. I had not set the clock. Yes. In hindsight, I should have checked the clock to make sure it was not set to ring. So, friendly rule-of-thumb advice, check alarm clocks in rooms you check into while traveling.

Night 2:
I decided to try going to sleep without having the air conditioner running and surprisingly enough I did not awaken in the middle of the night from heat or a stifiling room. I woke up (again around 3:30am) as a result of a child in the room above having a screaming and stomping tantrum. I gave it a few minutes thinking the parents would calm down the child. But, to no avail. So, after about 15 minutes, I called the front desk and they were very quick in responding by sending a guard up to the room. This seemed to quell the tantrum, but the damage was done and I was up for over an hour before falling back to sleep then waking up at 6:45 to start my day at a business conference.

Night 3:
I slept well with no disturbances through the night.

Pros:
-Comfortable beds (however, pillows are a litte small and flat for my liking)
-Walking distance from Anaheim Convention Center, Gardenwalk, and Disneyland
-Many restaurants in the area
-There is a Target store in the area
-Internet included in room rate
-You can park in their lot up until midnight of the day you check out

Cons:
-$14 daily parking rate
-Although the hotel issues a card for in/out access from the parking lot, I did not notice that the security gate arm was not closed at any time. I would guess this is to keep hotel guests who've forgotten their cards from having to get back out and go to the lobby for a replacement ticket, but this completely cancels out the security aspect of the gates.
-Sparse lighting in the parking lots. I'd suggest parking under/adjacent to light posts.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
caanah845, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 28 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced during your stay with us. I have passed on your feedback to the necessary department to assure that the problem is fixed so it does not affect any of our future guests. We hope to have you and your family back the next time you are in the Anaheim area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

It was a good experience. Rooms were big enough, comfortable beds, bug bathrooms. Only thing they can improve is acknowleding guest when they need help at the guest instead of finishing up a conversation with a co worker.

• Stayed April 2012
caanah845, Front Office Supervisor at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your feedback to the necessary department and use it as a training tool. We hope to have you and your family back the next time you are in the Anaheim area.
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

The Red Lion Hotel in Anaheim was a great choice for our Disneyland trip for our daughter's 6th birthday. It was a one and a half block walk to Disneyland- about a 15 minute walk. Our 6 year old was able to walk to and from Disneyland with no problem. The hotel gave us an early check in and the staff was always so nice. The breakfast was good and there was a good assortment of basic breakfast food for everyone in the family. The hotel also has a little area where you can pickup to go food like water, juice, fruit, sandwiches. And the hotel shop has sunblock or little things that you may have forgotten for your trip. For the price of the hotel it really was beyond our expectations. AND on top of that the beds were so comfortable! Thank you Red Lion for making our trip that much more fun! We will be back again.

Room Tip: We were on floor 7 with a fireworks view room. You had a view of Disneyland and the Hotel pool. We...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We hope to have you and your family back the next time you are in the Anaheim area.
Brandon, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2012

My teenage daughter and I spent 8 nights at the Red Lion in May. Couldn't have asked for more for the price I paid! Breakfast was included and it was ample for our needs. Staff was very friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Some noise from loud-flushing toilet next door, but not a big issue. Pool was lovely and clean, comfortable chairs/loungers. About 15 minute walk to Disney/DCO gates, or ART shuttle available every 20 mins. We enjoyed the walk! Felt safe at all times.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor not facing Disney about halfway down the hall from the elevators. Never hea...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you and your family back next time you visit the Anaheim area.