Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
  • Restaurant
US$133
US$130
  • Pool
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$171
US$264
US$233
BestWestern.com
  • Breakfast included
Kings Inn Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$108
Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$637
US$609
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Fairfield Inn by Marriott Anaheim Resort(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$245
TripAdvisor
2,226 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetminute walkfire pitconvention centerright next doortoy story parking lotcoffee makernear disneylandbeds were comfortableoatmealmini fridgeafter a long dayart busdisney parksdisneyland tripihopshuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2012

This is one of the hotel where most shuttles stop by to pick guests up. Helpful staffs who were willing to give detailed directions, good hotel amenites which provided more than enough for us since we spent most of our time doing the theme parks and shopping. Remember hearing from some honeymoon couples who had their rooms upgraded free with fireworks view of Disney. We didn't had ours upgraded, but it was still a good experience.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am very pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable and our staff took care of all of your families needs. We hope to have you and your family back in the future for another memorable stay with us. I will share your feedback with our Team and we hope to see you and your family again in the future

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I stayed here for an event at the convention center, which is only a 10 minute walk away. If you're here for Disney, it's a bit further, but the shuttle leaves from right next door. The room was nice and clean, though a booklet describing the hotel amenities was noticeably lacking. The price was pretty comparable with the better rates that I was able to find in the area. The walls are a bit thin, and kids running in the hallway are kind of loud. Fortunately, the noisiest people are the kids there for Disneyland, and so the noise stops pretty early at night. Dining facilities are limited, but they provide anything that you'd need, and there are plenty of restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Management response:Responded 6 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We would love to have you and your family back in the future for another enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2012 via mobile

The staff is great. Front desk explained the best Disney deals and helped with dinner reservations. The location is convenient to Disney and the convention center. I stayed a week and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We were given a ground floor room specifically to make it easier to get outside and a sign for our door that would let the hotel staff know there was a pet staying in the room. Lots of other dogs were staying along the same hallway, all very welcome. Staff was likewise very calm and friendly about having the dog in the room. We were able to ask for the room to be cleaned whenever we were out with the dog, but the staff were also comfortable with cleaning the room when the dog was in her crate. Five days' stay, completely comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Rachel_Fulton_Brown
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have you, your family and your little 4 legged friend back in the future for another enjoyable and memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 3 July 2012

Great location, parking fee is high (at $14/night!), majority of staff were friendly and it is very clean. Pool area was pleasant and parking has some trees for shade.

As a member of Red Lion R&R club, I appreciate not paying a 'pet fee', but that is where the courtesy ended. At check in I requested a lower floor for easier access outside with my dog and was put on the top (8th) floor! I asked again when she handed me my keys and she (cheerfully) said, "but you are quite close to the elevator." Ok ...the first of several little things that added up to annoyance.

There was a crib request on the reservation, which I pointed out at check in. Asked about it again when I stopped by the desk about 90 minutes later, then called an hour after that and it finally showed up. Must have taken a long time to get all the way up to the top floor!

The decor tries to be chic, but the open cupboards simply make them un-usable with a young toddler. Doors or drawers would have been much more functional for us. Room is a little cramped, but quite clean. Beds are hard. My hip said "ouch!" (The 3 La Quinta's we stayed in on this trip all had more comfortable beds.) I will say I really heard no noise between rooms, and little from the hallway.

After running full blast for 2 1/2 hours while we were at dinner, the room temp had only gone from 83 down to 76 ...and that is according to their thermostat which I do not think was correct. By bed time was better but we had to leave it blasting on high all night to keep up even though the outside temps were mild during the day and cool in the evening.

The hotel description implied breakfast was included. It was not. The Redlion chain website (2 weeks prior) indicated the "Roaring Start" breakfast is available to purchase for $4.95 ...at this location it is $9.95 per person. We opted to buy good breakfasts elsewhere for less money.

First morning we left at 7:30 a.m. and I called housekeeping to say we would be back by 12:30 or 1 p.m. so please do the room in the morning. Got back, not done. (There were 2 or 3 houskeeping carts on the floor.) Daughter was not feeling well and needed to stay in, plus the baby needed a long nap, so later we dumped dirty towels in hall and called for clean ones and got bath towels only.

Next day SPOKE directly to the housekeepers on our way out to say the room would be available for the next 2 - 3 hours, again came back to a room not touched. This time, I had caught our "va-cay bug" and took a nap so they never got it done that day either. When we left for dinner I called housekeeping, but their staff were done for the day by then. ...Of course.

One of our 3 evenings, my daughter and her husband went downstairs to order a meal from the hotel restaurant as we were tired and chose this convenience. The clerk was a bit snippy about the order, told them they were out of bread so the pasta meals only came with salad. When they requested a small side dish in lieu of the bread listed with the two pasta meals, they were denied. Same for swaping one of the lettuce salads for a bowl of fruit. There had also apparently been a run on Spumoni ice cream so they opted for vanilla. And while waiting for the order to come out, saw Spumoni being served in the restaurant. Clerk or waitress got really annoyed when they only added a 10% gratuity due to her "un-service". I think they were overly generous under the circumstances.

Top that off with the fact the restaurant closes at 9 p.m.! Really!! In a resort location where people have long days and odd hours .... makes you wonder.

Yes, this review is nit-picky. I normally would let a thing or two slide and I don't expect perfection, but these added up. In spite of the friendliness of the staff, their actions (or lack thereof) combined with a cooler unit that was less than effective, maid service that was nonexistant, high priced breakfast, parking that is costly and the inconvenience of the hard beds and open cupboards (for our family) and I have to give this hotel lower ratings than they seem capable of earning.

Room Tip: The "Disney Fireworks view" rooms are great, but not for extra money. Walk down the hall to the window by the elevator for the same view.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize for the problem you experienced during your stay with us. All of our guests are important to us and we want to make sure your stay is enjoyable and memorable. I will forward your feedback on to the necessary departments to ensure that this does not happen to any of our future guest. We really hope that you decide to stay with us in the future so we can turn the impression around that was made. We value all of our guest and want to make sure their stay is comfortable and memorable.