“Great Customer Service”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bakersfield
“Great Customer Service”
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Everything that we experienced at this hotel was fantastic. We had a great view of the Disneyland Fireworks Show. All of the employees that we interacted with were professional, friendly, and helpful. The fire pits in the pool area are a nice touch and conducive to meeting and visiting with other guests. I didn't partake in the smores but heard they were delicious. We will definately stay here the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view overlooking Disneyland and are a great location to watch the fireworks show.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! I am also happy to know that our Staff was so helpful. I definitely encourage you to partake in our smores nights every Friday and Saturday evenings poolside. I am excited to have you back the next time you are in Anaheim! Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Really bad hotel, they dont clean the rooms. The manager chris lacks customer services and treat their customer like crap. Whatever you do stay away you can find better options are the same or better prices around them.

4 Thank luisve
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. We would like to apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you by out staff as well.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I went through Priceline to book my hotel and was happy when I learned that Red Lion as the Hotel given. I had stayed at this hotel three weeks earlier so I new I would not be disappointed. The location to Disneyland was a short walk and next to several places to eat without getting into your car and driving. Upon check I was told they were sold out of the bed type I reserved and when I asked for a high floor over looking Disneyland Park, I was upgraded to a top floor room that had a great view of the Park & the nightime Fireworks! The room was one of the cleanest I have stayed in and check in and check out was fast and friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 828 and had a fantastic view of the nightime fireworks at Disneyland.
1 Thank bako
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we do not guarantee room types with Priceline, we will do our best to accommodate our guest’s requests and help them to enjoy a comfortable stay. If you ever need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Beautiful hotel. True walking distance to area attractions and great dining. Helpfull staff. I made reservations for a larger group and this staff worked with me to meet my groups needs. I ordered dinner and cocktails poolside; awesome! The food was great, so were the drinks. Great price, great atmosphere, great rooms!

Room Tip: Skip the crowds; order dinner poolside!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gina F
Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to read that our Staff was able to fulfill your group’s needs. I hope that you will come back again visit us again soon. Until then, best regards!
Lapworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

As a 'Brit' I expect better from a Hotel than this in this part of the world. The breakfast was poor to say the least, after the first morning we ate out.
After a hard day’s work to have a drink in the bar was a big disappointment, poor service and lacking atmosphere. Everything seemed temporary as the bar was on wheels.
Rooms were nice and loads of space, no compaint there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan R
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage in hopes to improve our service. Plans are in the works to address your concerns regarding the atmosphere of our bar area. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and experience a stay more to your satisfaction. Best regards!
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 23 February 2013

We got a good rate through Hotwire and ended up staying here. The low price made it worthwhile as the Red Lion does charge $14 per day for parking and a very good breakfast buffet for $10 per person. In hindsight it might have been better if we paid more for the room but a package that included those extras since we had a party of 4 people.
Staff was nice and our beds were comfy. The AC ran a bit loud so we turned it off the second night. We didn't hear other people when we were in our room so either the hotel wasn't busy or they have good sound reduction. Carpets were clean in our room.
If you ask, they'll try to accommodate you with a top floor room with a view. They did for us, a top floor (8th) room with a decent view of the park.
Water temps did change a bit during showers. We didn't use the pool or weight room but they looked nice.
Would stay here again. Not a bad walk into Disney, perhaps 1 mile from door to front gate.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on top floor with view of the park.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 24 February 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your comments with our TripAdvisor Readers. I am happy to read that you were able to book a great rate to stay at our hotel. We do offer several different options in booking reservations with us. Be sure to take advantage of our rates that include parking and breakfast the next time you stay with us. If you ever need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
Reviewed 22 February 2013

The positives are that the rooms were clean and spacious, breakfast was better than average, able to provide adjoining rooms, close to Disneyland and a shuttle that will pick you up at the front door for a minimal fee. BUT, the front desk was incompentent in recognizing 2 families, seperate charges in adjoining rooms. They charged Disney tickets to the wrong credit cards that was later discovered after we left the hotel. They had no clue about shuttle services and called our room every morning to ask if we ate breakfast and who????? Room charge was greater than quoted on the reservation confirmation. Had to get to the director of rooms to fix the problems and he was less than knowledgeable about the problem. They did accomodate me with a $50.00 credit for TV that didn't work and comp a one night stay for the credit card confusions. But in all it was less than great service from the front desk, watch your bill.

Room Tip: Rooms were very quiet. No hot tub, pool clean, warm and large. pay the extra for a view room.
1 Thank Beth O
Thank you for staying with us. Although we strive for perfection, we understand that mistakes do happen. Our goal is to ensue that we meet our guest’s expectations and ensure their satisfaction. I am sorry that we failed to meet your expectations. I hope that you will find our attempts to make things right acceptable and you will give us another chance to earn your business. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to your next visit. Best regards!