“Quality, near Disney @ good rates”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #67 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
spore
“Quality, near Disney @ good rates”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

We got this hotel at promotional price of $70USD. Its a 2 double bed room, for 2 adults and 2 child. There's a 24 hour restaurant just beside it. Hotel access is easy. About 2 junctions away from Disneyland, 10 minutes walk. 7-Eleven about 5 mins walk. Clean room & toilet. The wall looks like tiles, but its actually wallpaper. You can request for room facing Disney to watch fireworks from your room.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Wahwa
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 9 March 2013
Thank you for your review! It is true that we are only a 10 – 15 minute walk to Disneyland (approx. 300 yards). We also are within walking distance of several restaurants. Please know that if you ever need assistance with reservations, please feel free to contact me. I hope that you will visit us again the next time you are back in Anaheim. Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The hotel was nice enough. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was kinda noisy as it's on a busy street and it's only a few blocks from Disney so when they do the fireworks it's LOUD. It made my dog bark. They only charge $20 for a pet to stay which is a LOT less than other hotels in the area. But the food at the restaurant was DISGUSTING! I wasn't expecting much. It was clearly a cheap restaurant. But I was expecting the food to be edible and it wasn't. I ordered spaghetti and salad. The dressing came separately and it was congealed looking and gross. I wasn't going to touch that. Then the pasta came. I figured 'How bad can pasta be?'. The answer was VERY BAD. It was gummy and gross. I ate two bites and I was done even though I was starving. And the waitress didn't even ask if there was anything wrong even though I clearly didn't eat anything.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Tracey1997_09
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had in our restaurant. Based on your feedback, our Director of Food and Beverage is looking to make changes to our menu. He will also be looking in to your comments of food quality. On the other hand, I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the other aspects of our hotel. I encourage you to contact me the next time you are back in our area. I would appreciate the opportunity to share with you a dining experience more typical of our hotel. Until then, best regards!
Bakersfield
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Everything that we experienced at this hotel was fantastic. We had a great view of the Disneyland Fireworks Show. All of the employees that we interacted with were professional, friendly, and helpful. The fire pits in the pool area are a nice touch and conducive to meeting and visiting with other guests. I didn't partake in the smores but heard they were delicious. We will definately stay here the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a view overlooking Disneyland and are a great location to watch the fireworks show.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay! I am also happy to know that our Staff was so helpful. I definitely encourage you to partake in our smores nights every Friday and Saturday evenings poolside. I am excited to have you back the next time you are in Anaheim! Best regards!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Really bad hotel, they dont clean the rooms. The manager chris lacks customer services and treat their customer like crap. Whatever you do stay away you can find better options are the same or better prices around them.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank luisve
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 8 March 2013
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding cleanliness in your guest room and we will certainly address your concerns with our housekeeping staff. We would like to apologize for any unprofessionalism that may have been shown to you by out staff as well.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I went through Priceline to book my hotel and was happy when I learned that Red Lion as the Hotel given. I had stayed at this hotel three weeks earlier so I new I would not be disappointed. The location to Disneyland was a short walk and next to several places to eat without getting into your car and driving. Upon check I was told they were sold out of the bed type I reserved and when I asked for a high floor over looking Disneyland Park, I was upgraded to a top floor room that had a great view of the Park & the nightime Fireworks! The room was one of the cleanest I have stayed in and check in and check out was fast and friendly.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 828 and had a fantastic view of the nightime fireworks at Disneyland.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bako
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. Although we do not guarantee room types with Priceline, we will do our best to accommodate our guest’s requests and help them to enjoy a comfortable stay. If you ever need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!
Tehachapi, California
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Beautiful hotel. True walking distance to area attractions and great dining. Helpfull staff. I made reservations for a larger group and this staff worked with me to meet my groups needs. I ordered dinner and cocktails poolside; awesome! The food was great, so were the drinks. Great price, great atmosphere, great rooms!

Room Tip: Skip the crowds; order dinner poolside!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Gina F
Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to read that our Staff was able to fulfill your group’s needs. I hope that you will come back again visit us again soon. Until then, best regards!
Lapworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2013

As a 'Brit' I expect better from a Hotel than this in this part of the world. The breakfast was poor to say the least, after the first morning we ate out.
After a hard day’s work to have a drink in the bar was a big disappointment, poor service and lacking atmosphere. Everything seemed temporary as the bar was on wheels.
Rooms were nice and loads of space, no compaint there.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alan R
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with our Director of Food and Beverage in hopes to improve our service. Plans are in the works to address your concerns regarding the atmosphere of our bar area. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon and experience a stay more to your satisfaction. Best regards!