“Nice hotel close to everything!”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Morehead, Kentucky
“Nice hotel close to everything!”
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Red Lion is really nice. The beds were comfy, everything was clean, hotel was in a great location, and couldn't have been much nicer. Only thing keeping it from 5 stars were that the pool was in an awkward location and there was no free continental breakfast, which I like. Also, parking is expensive and you have to pay for a 2nd vehicle each day.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Volleyballa
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Thank you for your review! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Also, please note that we do offer packaged rates that include breakfast and parking. Our goal is to provide our guests options and customize the items that are important to them in their stay. If you ever need help with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Spanaway, Washington
Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is the third time in two years we've stayed with the Red Lion, Anaheim and whenever we visit Disneyland, we will ALWAYS choose this hotel. From the moment we checked in, Amy was incredibly friendly at the front desk. She made sure we were taken care of and we even decided to extend our stay for two more days.

When we unpacked, there was a small issue with our room. We reported it and the manager, (Frank I believe, I'm sorry if I forgot) came immediately to our room and took care of things. Even though we know better, he made us feel like we were the only guests that mattered at that moment.

The daily housekeeping was spot on and organized our children's stuffed animals each day that indicated she took a little extra time to put her mark on our room.

I could go on and on but as I initially mentioned, this will be our hotel of choice for Disneyland from now on. Nice job gang!

2 Thank GabiDylansDad
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our TripAdvisor Readers! I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay. I also wanted to thank you for taking the time to acknowledge Amy, Frank, and our Housekeeping Team. I will be sure to pass on your appreciation to them. Thank you for staying with us and I cannot wait for your next stay! If you ever need assistance with reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know! Best regards!
Winters, California
Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

Hotel is clean and updated. Rooms are on the small side, but adequate for spending most of our time at the parks. It is within walking distance, and the Disney parking shuttle stops next door! We complained that the air conditioner was rattling, and maintenance came up immediately and fixed it. For some reason, they kept turning off the air conditioners in our hall, and we were on the 5th (top) floor, so they were hot and stuffy. Breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special, adequate. There is an Ihop next door, and 2 Denny's on the way to the parks. Parking was expensive $14/night but, all hotels in the area charge that. I'd stay again, good value.

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Lynne C
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed you stay. I am sorry to read about your A/C issue, but I am glad that our Staff was able to fix it. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding reservations. Thank you for your review and I look forward to your next stay! Best regards!
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This hotel was decent. The rooms were clean. The hotel is very small. I was very upset it didn't have a jacuzzi. There wasn't enough space to relax inside the hotel. Not very much scenery around the hotel. Plain and boring.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you did not find the hotel relaxing. Unfortunately, we do not have a spa, but we do have our pool and fire pits. Be sure to join us on Fridays and Saturdays when we do s’mores poolside. Please be sure to let us know what we can do to help make your stay more enjoyable. I hope that you will come back and let us help you plan a relaxing stay at our hotel. Best regards!
San Fernando, California
Reviewed 17 July 2013

The hotel itself was very nice and clean, but I must say that the matress was very uncomfortable. I was very un-pleased that the hotel charges for parking. I have never experienced that any where else. So in the future I do not plan an staying there.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for your disappointment in our parking charges and the comfort of our mattresses. I truly hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again. If there is anything we can do to assist you, please do not hesitate to let us know. Best regards!
Brisbane
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Our family of four adults stayed at the Red Lion for three nights after purchasing a deal through TravelZoo. I highly recommend this hotel due to the close proximity to Disneyland and also having the ART bus out the front door. We walked to the Garden Walk Restaurant precinct and ate at the Cheesecake Factory twice. Found this restaurant to be great value with large meals. Redlion were very professional in the fact that they sent us a remind email about our reservation two days before our arrival. Lucky they did because I had my days mixed up and would have missed our flight from New York to LAX. During our two week stay throughout USA found this hotel to be the best of all stays. It was the cheapest hotel we stayed in but their service far exceeded any other hotel. We stayed five nights in New York at the Crowne Plaza times Square who took payment of our holiday twice which left us with no money on our travelcard. The staff at Red Lion were excellent in that they let us use their office phone to ring New York (our phones died whilst in USA) and helped us contact the relevant departments to fix the problem. Crowne Plaza (who we paid top dollar to stay with) could not even return phone calls or emails!!! We found the beds to be comfortable and the staff very friendly and offered advice on Disney tickets and restaurants in the surrounding area. Wasnt a real fan of the breakfast buffet but it was included in our price so very hard to complain about that. Do yourself a favour and consider this hotel, it was a great hotel to finish off our holiday in USA.

1 Thank Fee068
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I am so happy to read that you found the service of the hotel to meet your expectations. I know that you keep us in mind the next time you are in the States. Best regards!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Location wise the hotel is good, otherwise it is only a fairly rated one. Rooms are not that great, also the bath needs an overall.
Best thing about the hotel is probably the distance between hotel and Disney themed car park "woody". It is behind Red Lion, which takes you to/from Disney park. So when you are exhausted from Disney, yo can take the bus to "Woody" car park and then walk for 5-10mins to this hotel.
Breakfast: pay for adults only, kids under 12 go free. Not too much variety, it for 10$ it was a good deal.
Pool: good sized pool
Misc: if you are using more than one room, then let them know in advance as they have two buildings and they might end up splitting you up.( booked through Expedia)

Room Tip: Nothing spectacular, but if facing towards Disney, you can see the fireworks at 21:30.