“Perfect for Anaheim Convention Center & Disney Visits”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #64 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 13 November 2013

It was nice to be able to walk from the hotel to both the Anaheim Convention Center and the Disney parks. Hands down the best breakfast buffet in the area. Eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, fruits, and an assortment of bagels, English muffins, and breads to toast - very cheap!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank David C
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. I am glad you had the opportunity to enjoy our breakfast buffet. I have to agree it is very delicious and affordable. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family. Please come back and visit us soon. Best regards!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The hotel Is ok but the tv reception seems very old.. It Is very pixelated. The ac unit is very loud and the refrigerator does not get cold. The only plus side was that it was very close to Disneyland

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We want to ensure that all of our guests experience a pleasant stay. If for any reason we do not meet your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty and we will do everything we can to make things right. Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Stayed here for Disneyland. It was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. It had a keurig coffee maker which I thought was cool. A good size king room. Renovated and nicely put together. The walls are a little thin but just turn on the tv and your neighbors are a thing in the past. What's great about this hotel is that you can just walk next door to the free Disneyland shuttles and you've saved $16 for Disneyland parking. Overall, great experience. Will be back in February for another Disneyland trip.

• Stayed: November 2013

Thank you for your great review. It makes me very happy to see that you had a great stay. Our goal is to make sure you and your family have a smooth experience and feel at home. We are very excited to have you stay with us again! Best regards!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Overall the Red Lion was great for the price. Great location near both the park and the convention center. Walking distance to restaurants, stores, and other needs. You can tell it's older, but in good condition and nothing was out of repair.

The breakfast buffet was rather lack-luster and although convenient, not worth the price to me when IHOP is next door.

My only real complaint would be the bathroom light and shower. The bathroom light turns off automatically after a certain amount of minutes. It doesn't matter whether you're looking in the mirror or using the toilet, it will shut off and you have to push it again. Also, our shower (our room being at the end of the hall), took an incredibly long time to heat up. We got in after Disney closed at 12:30am, and it took almost ten minutes for the shower water to become warm enough to get in.

I would stay again and recommend this hotel, but would like staff to work on these concerns.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the pool can see the fireworks out of their windows at night. Rooms closer to the be...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I want to assure you that I will be addressing your concerns with our Department Managers to ensure we correct these issues. I hope that you come back and give us another try. If I can be of assistance with your next reservation, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards

Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed here last weekend for a trip to Disneyland. It was a great hotel- check in staff was super friendly and helpful. Room was nice, clean, and comfortable. It even had a view of the Disneyland fireworks even though I didn't have a "theme park view" room. I walked to Disneyland from the hotel and it was definitely close enough. The staff was very friendly about keeping my car in the hotel lot after I had already checked out (while I was at Disneyland). The s'mores by the pool were awesome, and FREE! Totally awesome to enjoy before bed. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: sign up for the red lion club before you book (its free) and you will get a sweet discount and also...
1  Thank emilyambro

Thank you for staying with us! I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay. I am also happy to know that you enjoyed our s’mores poolside! Please keep in mind that we do this every Friday and Saturday all year! Please think of us the next time you are back in the Anaheim area! Best regards!

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Booked here for Blizzcon 2013. Overall nice, but a few 'misses' on some simple things. Shower had little pressure. I should have complained then but didn't figure much could be done and by the time I realized it, I had unpacked and wasn't up for changing rooms.

The gym is pretty decent. Filtered water dispenser, towels and TV for your workout. I was hoping to have a pull up bar but it wasn't meant to be.

One thing that would be a nice touch is if they offered a free coffee/beverage in the lobby as you wait for your shuttle after check out. It just seemed 'nickle and dime'-ish, since the coffee wasn't especially great. It would give a nice last impression as people leave.

Overall, no real deal breakers, nothing awful. Just a few things that could make it better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for your tips and suggestions! We will definitely be taking your comments into consideration. We would like all our guests to feel comfortable and definitely not nickled and dimed. I will have our Engineers take a look into your comment about the water pressure, but always know you can call us if there is something that is not working properly. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to you staying with us again in the near future! Best regards!

Reviewed 10 November 2013

The hotel is in a great location, very close to Disneyland and several restaurants. Grounds are clean, check-in was friendly and efficient. However, the rooms are a bit antispectic looking for my tastes, especially the faux tile wall paper giving the room the feel of a surgery room than a comfortable hotel room. The room generally seems clean and function but *not* "comfortable", "warm" and "inviting".

The hotel is starting to show some signs of wear and tear, especially around the doors where there are a lot of dings and dents. The tub also had discoloration too, and one of the fixtures on the floor was loose.

For a family on a budget, this hotel will do.

Parking is NOT free, it is 14.00 per night, a bit hefty for this area?

Also, breakfast is not included, it is ~10.00 for adults, kids under 6 eat free, however, next door to the hotel is an iHop which may have better food (if not, there are lots of other restaurants within walking/driving distance).

Internet is HORRIBLE at this hotel - it is even slower than dial-up internet! I was only able to download at 5 - 10KB/s which is unacceptable. I called their support line a couple times of times, and they rebooted the equipment once, but that only resolved the issue temporary for <1 hour minutes. In this day and age, Internet connectivty should not be a second thought but one that is actively addressed - for some, such as me on business travel, broken Internet is like a broken toilet or shower!

Rooms only have two accessible power plugs; considering the number of electronics people have these days, the rooms should be wired with more plugs.

I noticed in the lobby the hotel wants to be #1 on Tripadvisor, but they have some ways to go. Service wise they're fine (nice people), however, the rooms need a make over (the wall paper is awful) and they definitely need a better internet provider.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your honest feedback. This type of information is exactly what we need to hear. I want to ensure that all of our guests experience a stay where we exceed their expectations and based on your comments we have things to improve. I must share with you that I agree with your comments regarding the internet access. The hotel is currently in negotiations with our internet service provider to increase our bandwidth to solve this issue. Also, I have shared your feedback with our Department Managers and together we will look into solutions to address your concerns. Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us and I hope that you will come back soon. Best regards!