“Great 5-day stay in Anaheim”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #64 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Singapore, Singapore
“Great 5-day stay in Anaheim”
Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

I just returned from my trip to Anaheim, which was focused around the psychotherapy conference at the Anaheim Convention Center. Location-wise, staying at Red Lion was extremely convenient, as it's right across the street from the Center, about a 5min walk.

The check-in process was very fast & straight-forward, and the staff at the desk were very helpful throughout my stay. I had some questions about the plumbing & heating for example, & they sent their engineer over to my room within 10min of my inquiry. They, as well as the staff at the restaurant, were also both friendly & well-informed.

I mostly have positive things to say about my experience; the bathroom & my room in general were very clean, which is always THE most important thing for me. Noise levels were acceptable, & the bed mattress & pillows were really comfortable. There is a 7/11 about 5min away, & a number of eating options, mostly fast-food.

Now a few things that I think could be improved: the closet space is very small, which was fine for me staying alone, but I was in a room with 2 queen-size beds, so with 2 or more people in that room it would be very hard to keep clothes in there. There is a coffee machine in the room which is nice, but I would have preferred a water kettle as I mostly drink tea, and it would have been nice to have a box of complimentary tea bags in the room (I bought some at the 7/11). Breakfast was quite tasty, but it could use a much more diverse offering of food and drinks, & to have them rotated more often. Otherwise I am not sure that the price of $10.75 is justified.

All in all, after a full day of talks & presentations at the Convention Center, The Red Lion Hotel was a friendly & pleasant place to return to.

• Stayed December 2013
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 27 December 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and your accommodations were to your satisfaction. Just to share with you that the hotel does provide regular coffee, decaf coffee, and tea with our Keurig Coffeemakers. If you have a preference for more of a specific type, please let us know. We will gladly trade the other types for the one you would prefer. Also, we are looking into new offerings with our breakfast buffet. I hope that the next time you stay with us you will find our new offerings to your liking. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next with us. Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (410)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Staff was nice and helpful. Rooms were clean, furniture is a bit dated. All in all I was satisfied, I had 4 rooms for 4 nights and I didn't like the size of the rooms for the price you pay, and there are no dressers only slots to put your things. close enough for me to Disneyland.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We truly appreciate your feedback, as we always looking for ways to improve our service and offerings. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have you back again in the near future. Best regards!
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Parking per day was $14 which we thought was too much for this caliber of hotels. Not sure what others in the vicinity are charging. Breakfast was not worth $10 a person even tho' it was all you can eat.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to read that your stay was not to your expectations. I do want to assure you that our parking charge is comparable to the hotels in the area. Disney charges $16 without in and privileges. Our parking is $14 is valid overnight and up to 12am the day of checkout with in and our privileges. Also, we are looking in to ways to provide a better value for our breakfast buffet. I hope that you will visit us again and give us another try. Best regards!
Reviewed 15 December 2013

It is a clean, comfortable and affordable hotel. Friendly and helpful staff. Easy walk to Disney. We are planning on going back when we go to disney next time. I would recommend the is hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you so much for the great review! We so pleased to hear you enjoyed our hotel. We appreciate your business, and hope you have the chance to visit us in the near future. Best regards!
Wakefield, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Room was modern, spacious; bathroom was nice and clean. Parking is simple (but extra as anywhere else in the area).
Went in looking for a value stay; and found a hidden gem.
The hoytel has an outdoor pool (which we did not use) and ample parking. The place was clean throughout and rooms and bathrooms were comfortable and modern

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay! Please keep us in mind the next time you visit the Anaheim area! Best regards!
Phoenix
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is great! Friendly staff, especially ELSIE! We stay here every time we come to Disneyland (twice a year). We will definitely stay again in July but I am pushing the hubby for another hotel next December ONLY because there is no jacuzzi. It would be perfect if I was able to soak my tired legs after long days at the Magic Kingdom!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us and for acknowledging the great service of Elsie! I have read your feedback regarding a Jacuzzi. I will share your comment with our Management Team and I hope that we can incorporate your suggestion in our future plans. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope that you continue to stay with us in the future. Best regards!
Reviewed 14 December 2013

For the price of the hotel and pictures online you'd expect a nice hotel. The rooms are dirty and nothing in them is comfortable. The automatic light in the bathroom turns on and off when it wants. Also pet friendly is a joke. If you plan on bringing a dog. Don't let him bark or you'll hear about it non stop. I'll never return to a red lion hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry to read about your most recent stay. I want to assure you that I will be addressing your concerns regarding cleanliness of our hotel and ensure we that the appropriate measures to make sure this does not happen again. I also want to apologize to you about your dog. The hotel does have a pet policy that is enforced to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests and pets. If at any time you have questions or concerns with the hotel’s pet policy, please feel free to speak with the Manager on Duty. Thank you again for staying with us and I really hope that you will reconsider and stay with us again. Best regards!