“NYE Stay”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #69 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I initially had three rooms booked for 12/31. Two rooms were two queen beds ($89 per night) and one room was a suite ($109 per night). I canceled one of the two queen beds rooms ($89 per night) without any problems the day before. However, upon check, I was told that the two rooms I had were only the two queen beds and there was no suite. I asked for them to double check because the rates were clear where one room was $89 and the other room was $109. The hotel staff said the rate was incorrect and proceeded to change the rate of $109 to $89. I was not happy about this change as my permission was not asked if I was ok not taking the suite and downgrade to the two queen bedroom. After waiting for about half an hour for them to complete my check in, I gave up and decided to not argue over the change. It was not worth the hassle at the time as we were running behind due to the long check in. There were no apologies for explanation of why the check in took half an hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We take all customer issues very seriously. I'm sorry to hear our Front Office staff did not handle your issue to your satisfaction. Please accept my apologies and I hope that you will give us another chance to make it up to you on your next stay. Best regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,193)

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Beds were excellent. Everything worked just as we expected. Note: take Duck tape for the automatic light in the bathroom. Had a perfect view of fireworks at Disney parks. May change in the future with new hotel being built between Red Lion and Disney Parks. Close to restaurants and just a quick ART bus ride to Disneyland.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gwyn M
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time in giving us your feedback. It is great to see that you enjoyed your stay and found our amenities useful. I have to agree we are at a great location and we are very fortunate to have the ART pick you up right in front of our hotel. Please keep us in mind next time you come back and visit Anaheim. Best regards!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Easy walking distance (15 or minutes) to Disney. Clean comfortable rooms and good bedding.. (although we weren't delighted with the mini size pillows). Heated outdoor pool, wish they had a hot tub to soak in after a full day at Disney. Would still return

2  Thank kenyanyankee
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I truly appreciate your suggestions. Please know that we are always willing to provide extra pillows if it will help you to have a more comfortable sleep. My staff and I are here to ensure an enjoyable stay. Please let me know if I can assist you with your next visit to our hotel. Thank you for staying with us and best regards!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Comfortable, clean, service very good. Food quality in restaurant is average at best, not a great value: I ordered a chicken marsala that was way over-salted and inedible, but my daughter's NY steak was good. You are better off having meals at the IHOP next door.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for choosing our hotel. I am sorry to read about your dining experience with us. I will make sure that I share your feedback with our Director of Food and Beverage to ensure we address your concern. Please know that we want you to be able to enjoy a great dining experience with us and if it is not right, please let us know. Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

The room was nice, clean, and inviting. It was also just down the street from Disneyland! Which is a good plus! The bed was nice and soft and it was a wonderful stay and I would come back again!! It was an awesome hotel and room!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us! It makes me proud to read that your stay was to your satisfaction. I am very pleased to read that you will come back and stay with us again. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. Best regards!

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed between Christmas and new year which is busiest time of the year in Disneyland. The hotel is nearby and is an updated older property. The ART shuttle is very convenient and stops in front the lobby. Nothing special about the place and if you get a good deal it's a nice place in the neighborhood of Disneyland.

Room Tip: A park view room (+$10) usually give's fireworks view from the window if there is one.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I do appreciate your feedback. I hope that you will think of us again when you visit the Anaheim area. Again, thank you for staying with us. Best regards!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Hotel is relatively close to Disneyland Resort; it is 1/2 mile from front entrance of Disneyland, and we chose to make the easy 20-minute walk both days although a shuttle is available for $5 per person (roundtrip). Excellent overall value/ accommodations for a hotel offering a free full breakfast that included scrambled eggs, French toast or pancakes, fried potatoes or hashbrowns, fruit, yogurt, cereals, and bagels in a buffet setting (breakfast was included with our internet-purchased package or otherwise cost is $9.95 per person). Red Lion is pet-friendly, and accepted our small dog for $15 for the total 2 day stay. Parking is $14/day.

1  Thank Mike K

Thank you for staying with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed of breakfast offerings. I hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you visit Anaheim. Best regards!