“We would not stay here again”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #67 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We stayed here for a Disneyland Trip. I booked the hotel on priceline based upon the 3 1/2 star to 4 star rating. This hotel is not in that rating category as far as I am concerned. First, they are two blocks from Disneyland as they show in their ads. It is definitely a bus ride which is an extra fee per day. Front desk service was terrible. Always a line of 8 to 10 people waiting. Our room was average - about what you would find at a 2 star hotel. Carpet was dirty - ad says frig and microwave - they are the smallest frig and micro I have ever seen!! Our bathtub would not drain so told Johnnie at front desk. He reported the toilet did not drain so took three trips to front desk to get the proper maintainance person with the right tools. Still showered with three inches of water in the tub - gross! Really overall more of a two star hotel on the inside with a 3 star street appearance.

Room Tip: Do not take the first floor in the 120 number rooms if you are not a smoker. We were by the back doo...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michele S
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Thank you for your review. It is very disappointing to see that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your concerns with the correct department managers to ensure this does not happen again. I do apologize for any miscommunication we may have provided with the distance between us and the parks. We are 3/4 of a mile and that is why we have partnered up with the ART (Anaheim Resort Transit) to provide an easier way to get to and from the parks. Unfortunately, it is provided by the city of Anaheim and there is a cost. I really hope you can give us a second chance and experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

3rd stay. Reasonably priced and easy 10 min walk to gates. Family friendly. Comfy beds. Only downside would be lack of water pressure in the shower. Agree with other reviewers on loud air conditioning unit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I truly value your feedback and I want to let you know that we are working replacing our A/C units to quieter and more efficient units. If there is a concern with water pressure, please do not hesitate to let us know. Our Engineers are readily available to address your concerns and find a solution for you. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next stay. Best regards!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

The Hotel is near to Disney only one block to Disney , is a Good hotel in general terms, the maids do something nice and different every day in your room that you will love , but the beds is not to confortable at all.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for sharing with comments with us. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy our mattresses. Unfortunately, mattresses are one of those items in a hotel that people love them or hate them. But please let us know if there is anything we can do to help make you feel more comfortable. Thank you for acknowledging our Housekeepers for the personal touches they add to your room. If there is anything I can do to help you with a future reservation, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My second stay here. I like this place mainly because it is reasonably priced and conveniently located near the Convention Center and down the street from Disneyland.

The first room we were in was conveniently located, but felt dingy, like it needed a deep cleaning. We switched rooms {for a different reason} and the new room felt really clean and fresh. It's interesting that rooms in the same hotel can have a different feel. The one thing that really stood out was HOW friendly and professional that the staff were. That makes a huge difference to me!

The bed was comfy {not too firm and not too soft}. The pillows were fluffy {I'm a side sleeper}. I had a good night's sleep. The room was a good size. Good water pressure in the shower.

The room also has a small fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. There is a small exercise room and a business center too.

The hotel offers a breakfast buffet for $10 pp. The buffet had eggs, bacon, sausage, toast, coffee, pancakes, juice, potatoes, cereal, etc.

I don't mind walking. After walking around the Convention Center for 2 days and a day around Disneyland, you get used to it, plus it's great exercise! However, if you don't like/can't walking/walk or have little kiddos, then there is the ART Shuttle {$5 per adult for an all-day pass} that can take you to Disneyland or anywhere that it stops.

Red Lion does charge for parking. {We took an airport shuttle, so the parking fee didn't apply}.

I usually spend HOURS researching hotels online before making a decision. I have stayed at a variety of hotels in Anaheim. I like the Red Lion, I would stay here again.

.......

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. I appreciate the detail that you went into to share your experience with our other TripAdvisor Readers. I also want to thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and I hope to have you back again in the near future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to assist you. Best regards!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This Red Lion Hotel is very conveniently located to Disneyland. It appears safe, although anyone can walk in or out of the hotel and access the elevators and rooms. The hotel is little more than an enclosed motel. The rooms, hallways, and carpets could all use some updating. The air conditioner is VERY noisy. I got a very good price for this room on line at the Red Lion website, otherwise I do not think that this place is worth considering. The $14/day for parking is steep. But even more glaring is the $3/day resort fee. Like I said, this place is barely a hotel. To think of itself as a "resort" is highly delusional. And no where when you make the reservation is the indication of this "resort" fee. I don't even think their are any "resort" amenities!

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your feedback. I am sorry that you were disappointed about our Resort Fee. Please be aware that our Resort Fee includes the use of our complimentary internet access, as well as an exclusive shuttle stop for the Anaheim Resort Transit, personalized service from our Certified Tourism Ambassadors, and the convenience of purchasing Disney admission tickets directly from our Front Desk. I hope that information is useful and please do not hesitate to contact us in you have any further questions. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next stay with us. Best regards!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

For a one nights stay was a little pricy. Was close to 200/night compare to last year where I only paid $139 that was with breakfast, overall staff was very friendly and easy check out. Will recommend.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for staying with us! I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay. Please let me know if I can be of assistance to you in booking your next reservation. Best regards!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Check in was fast and the hotel outside and lobby are nice. I can't really say much in the review because I while there weren't any huge issues I wasn't wowed by anything either. There was no hot water in our room when I showered before the Tinker Bell Half Marathon at 2:15 AM and still wasn't any when my Mother showered at 5:30 AM. There was hot water when I came back to shower at 10:30 AM. The beds were very hard, which is obviously a personal preference, but I found it hard to sleep on them.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you and I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Engineering. I hope you can give us a second chance and experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!