Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Riviera Motel(Anaheim)
2,239 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffetminute walkfire pitconvention centerright next doortoy story parking lotcoffee makernear disneylandbeds were comfortableoatmealmini fridgeafter a long dayart busdisney parksdisneyland tripihopshuttle
Reviewed 23 June 2014

When we got to the hotel we thought it was going to exceed our expectations of a three and a half star hotel. Well we were disappointed :( The hotel and rooms were clean, but when we turned on the AC, it had a really weird smell and loud. The whole hotel felt muggy like if we were in some overly humid place. I think the whole hotel might have been experiencing some problems with the AC. The pool area was nice and not overly crowded. Oh one more thing, I was charged for parking and a resort fee that I believe I had paid in advance through Expedia, didn't want to argue so I paid it...The overall experience was ok, this would be a last resort for our next mini vacation.

Room Tip: No breakfast that we knew of...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for sharing you experience with us. We want to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay. Our hotel is in the process of upgrading our A/C units to ensure a quieter experience. Also, we apologize for any confusion with our resort fee and parking, as they are not included with Expedia reservations. If you have any questions regarding your billing, please feel free to speak to any of our Front Desk Staff and we will gladly assist you. I hope that you will come back and give us another try. Thank you for staying with us. Best regards!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

WOW factor service was provided from start to finish. We have never had such excellent service anywhere else. I had mentioned at check in that we were celebrating 3 special birthdays. We received a surprise Happy birthday basket from the front end. Amazing !!! Highly recommend to family & friends. Thank you for making our stay exceptional.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

It has been a pleasure to serve you and your family. It brings me great joy to see that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the opportunity to share 3 very special birthdays with you. We look forward to your next visit! If there is anything I can further assist you with please feel free to contact me or the hotel directly. Once again, it has been a pleasure! Best regards!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We discovered Red LionAnaheim about 9 months ago...through a friend. She told us how clean the hotel was and the convenience to Disneyland ( and the Toy Story parking lot!). The cleanliness was wonderful. Bathrooms, and rooms appear to have been recently updated....I LOVE the shower heads!!!! Pool area is attractive and inviting. There is a small problem with the "suction" on the doors. You do have to take the added precaution of making sure that the doors shut fully....and there is an air flow issue that causes a high pitched "ringing"...I am not an enginneer, but there must be a little space at the bottom of the doors that causes air to be sucked through and make that sound. I would just turn the air conditioner on to drown out the sound at night. Loved the added "perk" of being close enough to the Toy Story parking lot......we could walk there and take the shuttle to Disneyland. Even though Disneyland is a very short 10 minute walk, at the end of the night, it was nice to take advantage of using the shuttle. Yes, I will stay here again. And to comment on another review of this hotel....about the drapes.....yes, there are blackout drapes on the windows....they are just behind the sheers.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
1  Thank Cleanmom

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and your family. I am very pleased to see that your stay was wonderful. We really appreciate your loyalty. Thank you for bringing to my attention the door situation. I will be sharing your feedback with the Director of Engineering so we can find a way to improve the door’s safety. I am glad that you are able to take advantage of the Toy Story parking lot. The distance between us is definitely convenient! We are very excited to have you back. If there is anything I can further assist you with pleases feel free to contact me directly. Best regards!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was really disappointed when I bid for a 3 star hotel through Priceline.com and this was the hotel I got. In the past when I have bid at the 3 star level for Anaheim I have gotten Hyatt Regency, Marriott, Holiday Inn & Suites and the Ramada, and the Red Lion is not on the same level as they are. First, the public areas, hallways and elevators are dated and in shabby condition. Next, the air conditioners are so old and loud you'd rather sweat than have the incessant, loud rumbling. Though the pool area has been updated, there is no Jaccuzzi or spa/hot tub anywhere on the property. The maid burst into my room twice after a brief knock. Finally, I expect to be greeted with a big smile and welcoming words, not "ID and credit card, please" when I check in. Not a disastrous or extremely uncomfortable stay, but definitely not a three star property.

Room Tip: If you must stay here try to get a room on the upper floors facing the park. That way you can see the fireworks from you room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank dfreelon13
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Your review is important to us. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconveniences that you may have encountered. It brings me great disappointment to see that we did not meet your expectations. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Engineering to ensure that all AC’s are working properly. I will also be coaching the housekeeping department and ensure they are all trained to service our guests in a correct manner. Once again I appreciate your feedback; it gives us an opportunity to improve our hotel and service. I hope you can give us second chance to gain your business back. Best regards!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Clean hotel, bathroom was recently remodeled. Short distance to Disneyland. Enjoyed the breakfast, service was very attentive. Biodegradable toiletries provided. Service was quick to fix any problems that came up.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are away from elevators and ice machines. A/C worked well. The rooms that faced Harbor Blvd were warmer but you could see some fireworks from Disneyland. We had 4 rooms as it was a multi- family vacation.
1  Thank Charlotte L

It is an honor to serve you and your family. Thank you for staying with us. It brings me great joy to see that we have met all of your expectations. It is great that you got to eat at our breakfast buffet and you were accommodated with your requests. We look forward to your next visit if there is anything I can do to make your next visit outstanding please feel free to contact me directly. Best regards!