“close to disney”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #65 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rooms nice, nice exterior & grounds/landscape & lobby. Bathroom wasn't as clean as I hoped and no WATER pressure, it was horrible. The pool is older and in need of renovation. Close to Disneyland. Room was clean.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your time in sharing your comments since we are always looking for opportunities to improve our hotel. Please accept my apology for the bathroom cleanliness. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure that all rooms are cleaned up to standard. I will also be sharing the water pressure issue with the Director of Engineering, and work towards fixing the problem. I really hope you visit us soon so we you can experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'd been looking for an exceptionally CLEAN hotel in Anaheim, and I found it at Red Lion. There was even a card on the desk when I arrived to my room for the first time that let me know the name of the person who cleaned it, which must keep the [excellent] maids accountable.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

It has been a pleasure serving you! I am very pleased to see that we have met all of your expectations. I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our amenities. If you didn’t please make sure to experience our s’mores poolside next time you visit us. I am glad to see that we have gained a new member to our family! Please come back and visit us soon. Bets regards!

Reviewed 14 July 2014

stayed here for our CA Adventure visit for the weekend. first, be prepared for $14/night parking. rooms were clean-we stayed in a 2 queen room. however, we noticed when the kids were about to brush their teeth and we got cups out to rinse...the water was CLOUDY! even when I put the faucet on cold-still cloudy. I had the kids rinse with bottled water we had brought. next morning-house keeping was already knocking at 845am. my husband kept telling her through the door that we were inside but every 15 minutes, she came back. when we were ready to leave, she was right outside the door-I had to say "excuse me" for her to back up and back up the cleaning cart, for us to even get out of the door with our stroller. when I made all this known at check out-he said there had been other people with the cloudy water concern-supposedly a pipe burst? he thought it would make me feel better by him saying...he drinks cloudy water at home all the time....don't care. with respect to the housekeeping-he said he would tell the supervisor. you would think at this point, he would at least-compensate parking....no....I asked if I could just pay cash but he gave me a look like it was going to be a hassle-so, I just said to charge it.....
if you can get past the cloudy water and being pestered way before check out time....it's a great location and the rooms were clean.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry you experienced some challenges during your stay. I will be sharing all of your concerns with the management team and work towards improving our hotel. In regards to the room attendant knocking several times, I am very sorry! I will be speaking to the Director of Housekeeping personally to ensure that all room attendants understand the procedure of check out and we can avoid situations like the one you experienced. I will also be coaching the front desk team to improve our service. I really hope you can give us a second opportunity to serve you and your family and gain your business back. If there is anything I can do to further assist you please feel free to contact me or the hotel directly. Best regards!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Don't bother to ask about early check in- it won't happen! We got there early and were told we could check in at noon. We came back at 1:30 and were told the room wouldn't be ready until 3pm. And no attempt was made to make it earlier. That's not the sort of treatment I expect when i book a suite.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for your review. Please accept my apologies for any challenges you may have encountered. I am sorry we were not able to accommodate an early check in. I understand how frustrating this may have been especially if you received information on getting an early check in. I will be sharing your concerns with my staff and ensure that everyone is on the same page when it comes to our service. I am sorry you felt like we did nothing to accommodate your request. I assure you that it is not typical of us to disregard an important request of our guests. I really hope you can give us a second chance to gain your business back. Best regards!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great location to the parks. Right next door to IHop. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We stayed 4 nights and it was excellent! The pool was great and had bar service! In the fall they will be opening a cvs right in front so it will be an even greater location! The staff extremely friendly! Only con is paying $14 a night for parking :( other than that, it was great!

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

It has been a pleasure serving you. Thank you for the great feedback. I am very happy to see that your stay went as expected. I am glad to see that you took advantage of our amenities. CVS next door will definitely be a delight. I really appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next stay! Best regards!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Enjoyed our stay at the Red Lion close to Disney close to good food! well lit area Rooms were HUGE and my wife was suppor excited that they had comforters on the bed instead of quilts. Ton's of pillows! Overall great place to stay. Only recommendation would be to have a grab and go breakfast, wether it be a bagel, or burrito, breakfast sandwhich, something quick and easy.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank firefighter438

It has been an honor to have you and your wife stay with us. I am very happy to see that we have met your expectations. It is great that you found the rooms comfortable and inviting. I will be sharing your feedback on the grab and so with the Director of Food and Beverage and work towards expanding our selection of items. Thank you for the ideas! We really appreciate your business and we can’t wait for your return! Best regards!

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have been here a couple of times before. It used to be better the last two times we visited Anaheim and stayed there. The watter pressure is lower than in previous times, the rooms look small, and the matresses were not as firm and comfortable as they used to. I wonder if it is because we were in the second building but again, it needs to improve for future visits. The lobby personnel is not friendly at all.

Room Tip: There should be better rooms closer to the parks and you'd pay less if you reserve a long time p...