“Livable but not what I expected”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Livable but not what I expected”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel for 4 days July 14 2014- July 18 2014. When we for there we were expecting a rather large high rise but it was actually 8 floors. When we got in the room we were greeted by a spider on the pillow. The bathroom tub was dirty . The next day when I was going to make coffee one of the coffee cups were used already. Parking here is 14.00 and is not included in your initial cost. This hotel is ok but I wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Emily s
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments with us. I am sorry for the challenges that you experienced. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Team to ensure they pay closer attention to details. I hope that you will come back and give us another try. Please let me know if I can be of assistance. Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed 18 July 2014

After a long drive we got to the hotel around 2:45 and the staff told us we couldn't check in until 3:00. Us and 3 other families had to wait in the tiny lobby until 3 and the rooms were still not ready until 3:20! The rooms had the old window air conditioner so the rooms felt muggy. The beds are super hard. Anytime we called the front desk for anything like coffee, they told us to come down instead of having someone bring it to us. The shower was also impossible to turn on because the faucet was old and stuck. The back door was broken so anyone can just walk in no hotel key needed. And one of the elevators by our room was broken. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank amtdisneyfam
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience. I am sorry for all the challenges that you have experienced. I have addressed you concerns with our team. Our Managers will be working on correcting these issues to ensure that everything exceeds our guest’s expectations. If there is anything that you need during your stay, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that we can share with you an experience more typical of our hotel in the future. Best regards!
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel in March 2014. We had two rooms with 4 adults and 4 kids, total. The hotel is in a good location for Disneyland. It is a walkable distance, although we still drove and parked at the Disney lot. You can use the Toy Story parking that is immediately next door to the hotel, which is quite convenient. I have heard others say they were able to just walk into the TS parking and catch the shuttle to Disneyland (free), but we didn't try it. The parking at the hotel is $14/night, so be aware of that.
Now, for the hotel itself... The check-in staff was very courteous. They had us sign up for the hotel's frequent stay program, which got us a few free bottles of water. We were given adjacent rooms, although not connecting (not sure if they have connecting rooms or if there just weren't any available). The rooms were nice enough, if somewhat dark. They were on the small side. They were clean, which is important. They main drawback was the in-room a/c unit which ran all night and was pretty loud. This alone would keep me from staying here again. We got a great deal on Hotwire, so I can't complain too much, but I doubt I would pay the full rates that I have seen for this hotel. So, in short, if you get a good deal this hotel is fine, but there are better options for the regular price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jenny B
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
It has been a pleasure having you stay with us. We appreciate your great feedback. I agree the distance from us to the park is great. We also have many ways of transportation to and from the theme parks. In regards to the AC unit, please accept my apologies for any challenges this may have caused you. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Engineering and address the issues. I really hope you can give us a second chance to experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We stayed for 2 nights. Rooms were good. The hotel is situated in Anaheim which is quite a distance from Los Angeles. It is suitable for young families going to Disney. We had to ask for salad for breakfast and they gave this willingly. If the area is suitable, this hotel is recommended.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank helenoftroy23
Thank you for taking the time in reviewing our hotel. It has been a pleasure having you stay with us. I am very happy to see that you were accommodated during breakfast. I have to agree with you Los Angeles is about 40 to 45 minutes away from us but we do have many great sources of transportation. I am glad you have given us the opportunity to serve you and we can’t wait to see you again. Best regards!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Pros: Clean room, great value.

Cons: Not enough trash cans in the room: there was only one in the bathroom and nowhere else. Also, there was a new shower head jerry-rigged to an old one on the shower. Upon exiting the building, I also noticed one hotel window was smashed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Thank you for your review. I really appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as we are always looking for ways to improve our hotel. I do apologize for any inconveniences you may have encountered during your stay. I will be sharing your concerns with the management team and work towards solving the issues mentioned. Please come back and visit us soon! Best regards!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Rooms nice, nice exterior & grounds/landscape & lobby. Bathroom wasn't as clean as I hoped and no WATER pressure, it was horrible. The pool is older and in need of renovation. Close to Disneyland. Room was clean.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your time in sharing your comments since we are always looking for opportunities to improve our hotel. Please accept my apology for the bathroom cleanliness. I will be sharing your concerns with the Director of Housekeeping to ensure that all rooms are cleaned up to standard. I will also be sharing the water pressure issue with the Director of Engineering, and work towards fixing the problem. I really hope you visit us soon so we you can experience a more typical stay of our hotel. Best regards!
Anaheim
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'd been looking for an exceptionally CLEAN hotel in Anaheim, and I found it at Red Lion. There was even a card on the desk when I arrived to my room for the first time that let me know the name of the person who cleaned it, which must keep the [excellent] maids accountable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

It has been a pleasure serving you! I am very pleased to see that we have met all of your expectations. I hope you had an opportunity to enjoy our amenities. If you didn’t please make sure to experience our s’mores poolside next time you visit us. I am glad to see that we have gained a new member to our family! Please come back and visit us soon. Bets regards!