“This Hotel Will Do Nicely.”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #68 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Corvallis, Oregon
“This Hotel Will Do Nicely.”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I had an extremely comfortable room with everything you could need after a long day exploring the wonderful parks of Disney. The pool was very nice to relax in and the fire pits made for a wonderful way to cozy up and enjoy some smores. The parking charges are common for the area so I wouldn't fret about the $14/night and the breakfast buffet can be purchased as part of a package which is something I would recommend as breakfast at the parks can easily be double that. I would HIGHLY recommend spending the $5/adult, $2.50/kid (round trip) to use their shuttle service as the walk isn't bad in the morning but goes on forever after your feet have enjoyed walking all day. - Making this complementary and adding a hot tub would be the only two recommendations I have for this location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with our TripAdvisor readers. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that other guests will find your recommendations useful! Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us and I look forward to your next stay. Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 27 August 2014

For what I paid I was pretty happy with what we got. Stayed here for two nights while we went to Disneyland. For some reason we were given a wheelchair room.. I didn't request it, my wife nor myself require the assistance, and apparently wasn't able to change after I went back and asked what the heck the deal was. It was super weird. Shower was a roll in, which if you're not in a wheelchair- you're going to cover your bathroom floor with water since it's basically flat. So we used all our towels sopping up after one shower which was pretty sweet. The towels themselves all had hair on them which was kind of gross. They were clean, but they just had hair on them. Bed was comfortable, being on the first floor had its pros and cons. Couldn't have the blinds open without everyone walking by staring inside your room and you hear everything that goes on outside, but at the same time you can just walk in your room instead of heading up and down an elevator or stairs. The whole handicapped room was really weird though. Might give the place another shot, but I just don't know why I wasn't able to switch. It's not like they were sold out, I didn't have to wait in line for anyone and the parking lot wasn't even half full.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. I am sorry for the challenges that you experienced with your room type. The majority of our hotel features two queen sized beds and only a handful of king sized beds. This proves to be a challenge in moving you rooms if you have specific requests, but we do our best to accommodate all our guest needs. The next time you visit, please be sure to let us know about your preferences. It would be our pleasure to assist you. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to your next visit. Best regards!
Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We had a great time staying at the hotel. The pool was excellent and the complimentary smores was a nice touch. The room was very comfortable and we were able to watch the fireworks from each night from our room. The overall hotel experience was excellent.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Mike C
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 30 August 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our s’mores nights. Please know that we do s’mores poolside every Friday and Saturday night at 8pm. I hope that you will come back and stay with us again. I look forward to your next stay! Best regards!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The hotel's proximity with the Disneyland and numerous dining places makes it a good bet. The hotel is kind of an old one (was told yo me that it was renovated in 2009). The staff is friendly and accommodating. Parking charges ($14) and no complementary breakfast ($15) makes it a pricy and comes close to other very good hotels prices. So even if you have got this hotel on a good deal its still way too much.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
It has been a wonderful experience having you at our hotel. Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you found our hotel in a great location. I understand how the parking and breakfast fees can add up and that is why I want to share with you that we do offer great rates that included both parking at breakfast. Next time you stay with us please feel free to contact me or the hotel directly and we will be more than happy to ensure you the best rate. We look forward to your return. Best r regards!
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Red Lion Anaheim in August and have nothing but great things to say about this hotel and the staff. Good location, close to Disney, Anaheim Convention center and Garden Walk for great eats. Well serviced by bus service, iHop right next door, good restaurants all around. Will apparently soon have a Walgreens clhaveby too.

If you stay there and meet the concierge Cesar you will know that this stay will be great if the staff are anything. Very helpful and loves his job! Front desk staff were very pleasant and helpful. I ran into some challenges during my stay and they were most accommodating especially Melanie and Chanel! Thanks to everyone who made my stay great. Will definitely book here if I'm in Anaheim again 1

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank John B
It has been a pleasure serving you and your family. It brings me great joy to see that we have exceeded your expectations. I will be sharing your compliments with the team and thank them for their hard work. Our priority is to make you feel at home and welcome you into our red Lion family. Therefore, it makes me very happy to see that we look forward to your return. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to make your next booking easier. Best regards!
Upland, California, United States
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stay here for 2-nights this past weekend. I got a good rate through Priceline but it still wasn't worth the discounted price especially since they tack on $14.00 for parking and $13.00 for resort taxes per night. So you should expect to pay an extra $30 per night on top of the hotel price. First off, when we opened the door to our room, we were greeted with an unpleasant smell. It remained during our entire stay but we could never figure out what it was. It was an old musty smell. Second, the room wasn't cleaned that well. There was blood marks on the toilet paper that was left on the role and we threw the roll away and there was fake eyelashes on the bathroom cups (see pic). This really grossed me out! Third, our room was never cleaned by housekeeping. We left for Disneyland early in the morning and returned at 4:30pm for a break and our room still wasn't cleaned. We left the room at 5:30 to swim and then went back into the parks until Midnight...room never cleaned. Because of this we ran out of clean towels, never go coffee refills or cups and almost ran out of toilet paper. Plus the trash really piled up in our room. The only positives were that it is a nice easy walk to Disneyland and my daughter enjoyed the pool, but then again she enjoys any pool :). The 2 front desk ladies I encountered were less than happy and when I checked out, they didn't ask how my stay was otherwise I would have let them know. I guess they don't ask how your stay is because they are afraid of what they will hear...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Katie L
Chris A, Director of Rooms at Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for your feedback. We always strive to improve our service and from the sounds of things we have things we need to work on. Rest assured that I will be working with our Department Managers to address the items you have mentioned. I hope that we will restore your faith in our hotel and give us another try. Thank you again for your feedback! Best regards!
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Lost hot water twice before moved to new room/floor.
Hotel generally nice and enjoyed stay.
Breakfast only problem. I defy anybody to create suitably sized healthy options from range available. I'm both diabetic and have cardiac complaint.
15 mins walk to Disney plus 5 to 10 mins crossing 3 road junctions.
Guy who checked us in very welcoming. Manager needs to recognise/reward him. He's an asset to the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us. I have shared your comments with our Director of Food & Beverage so we can take a look into alternative breakfast items to accommodate our guests with special dietary needs. Also, thank you for recognizing our Front Desk Agent for his hard work. It means a lot to us to know that our Staff is providing exceptional service. Please keep us in mind the next time you visit Anaheim. If you are in need of assistance booking reservations, please do not hesitate to let me know. Best regards!