“Great location! Better than we expected!”

Red Lion Hotel Anaheim Resort
Ranked #66 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Diego, CA
“Great location! Better than we expected!”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

My husband booked this hotel for a weekend get away in Anaheim. We were not sure what to expect but we were definitely presently surprised when we arrived. The location is excellent if you are visiting Downtown Disney, CA Adventure or Disneyland. There are several restaurants nearby so you can easily walk to where you need to go. The rooms are really spacious and nice. An overall great bargain!

1 Thank ppbcup

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (413)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Oakland, California
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Enjoyed our stay. The staff was nice and friendly. The rooms were nice. Would have liked it even better if the rooms were a little more sound proof and the shower had more water pressure.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane7961
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 11 October 2010

This hotel was an old Ramada..I think. They did dress it up, and spent money making it a more contemporary hotel. It is a location, that makes you think twice about walking to Disneyland from, especially on the way back after a long day. The 'Roaring Breakfast' was fair for the price, probably won't get much better in the area. Don't expect the 'bar & grill' to be much of use during the day, it didn't open until 5pm. It would have been useful, when my wife an I came back from Disneyland to take a nap at 2:30pm and they were still cleaning our room. But wait there's a little store there to get a drink. Yeah, nope...the folks that wait on you to pay for your snacks and drinks, also work the front counter, and are pretty busy there to ever see you. We stayed in their south tower, the room was nice and clean, but average. Whomever was used as the photographer on their advertising should get a raise..the pictures don't quite match up in real life. Overall an average stay, but is comfortable, so I'll recommend it.

1 Thank brad6432
Del Mar, California
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Had a really great stay. Great value for the price, considering the other options in the area.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kevinmburkejd
Kamloops
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Very nice rooms for the price paid on hotels.com. When I went to extend my stay by one night I ended up paying twice what I paid on hotels.com for both nights for a single nights stay. All in all I did not mind paying extra and really enjoyed our stay. It would be great for families going to the Disney parks and even at full price this hotel is a good value. The rooms are modern and clean and the beds are comfy. One minor complaint was that there was not a duvet cover but instead the blanket was wrapped in two sheets. Parking was not included in the hotels.com price and was an addition $14 dollars a day.

1 Thank jennyfromtheblock101
sf
Reviewed 10 October 2010

Just checked in today for a 2 night stay. Confirmed a room with 2 beds over a month ago, but when we got here, they said they were booked solid and had only one room with 1 king available - understandable as they don't guarantee room types until you get there. I get into the room and realize they gave us a handicap accesible room, which was not what we were looking for -- awkward shower area. The closet had a strong, funky odor and we weren't even sure if we should hang our clothes in there or not. Finally, the hotel has free wifi but I couldn't log on so I called the front desk. The front desk said there should be an ethernet cable at the desk -- I hang up and look up and down for this cable and it's nowhere to be found. Called the front desk again, then the concierge, then the operator -- no one picked up! Will try to switch to another room tomorrow -- this review is based on my first night here.

• Stayed October 2010
Lodi, California
Reviewed 8 October 2010

This is a hard review as I have almost all good things to say except one huge problem. When I got to my room and closed the door I noticed a high pitched whistle. It took me a while to figure out were it was coming from. The door to the room had a very small gap at the bottom that caused the door to whistle. When I placed a towel at the foot of the door it stoped. I could have asked to move but I had noticed that an uncommon number of door were cracked on my way in and now understood why. As we were unpacked and I had solved the problem we stayed. Other than this one thing this is a great hotel. The room was clean and modern. The location to Disneyland is great, a very short walk. The breakfast that came with our room rate was a great deal, eggs, bacon, sasuage, country potaoes, french toast, pancakes and much more in an all you can eat buffet. Even when it was busy the breakfast staff turned tables quickly without making us feel rushed. If they fix the doors or you are willing to put a towel down this is a great place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family