We loved this hotel simply because our one bedroom hotel was spacious for our family of four (including 3 and a 2 year old.) Our one bedroom included two queen beds in a separate room and a pull out couch plus full kitchen in another room. The hotel location has easy access to park with a shuttle bus (operated by the City of Anaheim.) Like any shuttle bus, there is always some waiting involved as I did not find the schedule to be accurate. As far as the condition of the room, it had recently been renovated and had granite kitchen and bathroom counters and new carpet. On the down side, the pull out sofa was really dingy. It had stains and some holes in the fabric and looked like it had been put through the ringer. The walls also were outdated-- they looked like they had been painted at least a half dozen times. The room was clean though and we had fresh linens everyday and out housekeeper did a great job keeping it clean. The breakfast that was included in the rate was below average. Very unhealthy options like powdered eggs, white flour pancakes and waffles and processed sausage and ham. No fresh fruit (maybe bananas) or whole wheat options. Coffee was not good either. The line to get a seat at breakfast is also very hectic, has the feel of a soup kitchen versus a dining experience. People load up on so much food, it kind of grossed me out. YUCK! I think management needs to find a better way to make this experience less chaotic. The other negative is that the location is near the freeway next to a Motel 6 with some less than desirable clientale. The pool was tiny and very busy but my toddler enjoyed the on site playground in the corner of the property...I think she had more fun here than at Disneyland. Overall this is a good hotel for those traveling with 4 people plus. I highly recommend spending a little extra on the one bedroom because you get a much larger living space. If we were not traveling with children, we would skip this hotel and opt for a luxury room but because of the space we give it a thumbs up and if you eat healthy, bring your own breakfast! The kitchenettes are HANDY for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, complimentary parking, wireless internet, business center usage, and more. Our guests have access to purchasing Disneyland park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills available for guest use. Pet Friendly ($100 non refundable pet fee for up to 2 pets per room). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate California