“LIke the space in the room and location, but the couch was dingy!”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #46 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 10 July 2011

We loved this hotel simply because our one bedroom hotel was spacious for our family of four (including 3 and a 2 year old.) Our one bedroom included two queen beds in a separate room and a pull out couch plus full kitchen in another room. The hotel location has easy access to park with a shuttle bus (operated by the City of Anaheim.) Like any shuttle bus, there is always some waiting involved as I did not find the schedule to be accurate. As far as the condition of the room, it had recently been renovated and had granite kitchen and bathroom counters and new carpet. On the down side, the pull out sofa was really dingy. It had stains and some holes in the fabric and looked like it had been put through the ringer. The walls also were outdated-- they looked like they had been painted at least a half dozen times. The room was clean though and we had fresh linens everyday and out housekeeper did a great job keeping it clean. The breakfast that was included in the rate was below average. Very unhealthy options like powdered eggs, white flour pancakes and waffles and processed sausage and ham. No fresh fruit (maybe bananas) or whole wheat options. Coffee was not good either. The line to get a seat at breakfast is also very hectic, has the feel of a soup kitchen versus a dining experience. People load up on so much food, it kind of grossed me out. YUCK! I think management needs to find a better way to make this experience less chaotic. The other negative is that the location is near the freeway next to a Motel 6 with some less than desirable clientale. The pool was tiny and very busy but my toddler enjoyed the on site playground in the corner of the property...I think she had more fun here than at Disneyland. Overall this is a good hotel for those traveling with 4 people plus. I highly recommend spending a little extra on the one bedroom because you get a much larger living space. If we were not traveling with children, we would skip this hotel and opt for a luxury room but because of the space we give it a thumbs up and if you eat healthy, bring your own breakfast! The kitchenettes are HANDY for that.

Room Tip: Ask for a room by the playground to enjoy a peaceful part of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2011

Dear ploaco,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I’m glad to read that although you were not blown away you found our hotel to be an overall good choice for families. My hope is that you will stay with us again in the future so we can get another shot at exceeding your expectations.

With that said I would like to address some of the points you made:

• I’m sorry about the condition of your sofa sleeper. Our hotel has seen an extremely busy year, which means some “wear and tear”. This being the case, we have our engineering team going through as many unoccupied suites as they can on a daily basis working on preventative maintenance. This includes fixing any problems and replacing any items that are no longer in adequate condition.

• As for our breakfast menu, we work very hard to offer a variety of items that meet the needs and desires of all our guests. For this reason we offer healthy options such as whole wheat toast, low-fat yogurts, fresh fruit, oatmeal, sautéed vegetables, etc.

• As for the crowds at breakfast, the entire management team (myself included) has joined in the efforts to help make the breakfast experience more enjoyable for our guests. One way we have done this is by manning the host stand and helping our guests find available seating. We have also added more seating to exterior dining areas. Finally, we always encourage guests to take food back to their room if they would not like to wait for a table.

If you or any other Trip Advisor reader have any questions in regards to these topics I would be more than happy to help. I can be contacted directly at (714) 782-0046 or rrodriguez@rimhospitality.com.

Sales Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We stayed here for 4 nights in June and just loved it. Travelled with our 11 year old daughter to visit Disneyland and wished we had booked for longer. We had a room with double bed and pullout sofa bed for our daughter and although it was a bit short on space it was totally adequate bearing in mind we were only there to sleep. We walked to Disneyland every day, dragged ourselves back every night exhausted, found the walk to be easy and thought the location was perfect. Breakfast each morning was just great to set us up for the day and was tasty and nutritious. There was always a spare table and the room buzzed with families eager to start their day. We had a stray nail in the floor going to the bathroom which was fixed as soon as it was reported. Would not hesitate to recommend this place to friends and family as a great alternative to the standard bland hotel suite. Laundry off pool area is very handy when traveling for extended time.

Room Tip: Booked 6 months in advance but would have got better rate booking closer to our travel date. Maybe r...
2  Thank Allisonbelle

Dear Allisonbelle,

Thank you so much for the great review. I’m so glad to hear that you loved our hotel so much. I also want to thank you for going over some of your favorite features about our hotel. Our location and complimentary buffet breakfast are great for families on vacation because they can get the day started with a great meal and walk to the park in minutes.

I’m also glad to hear that our engineering team was quick to respond to your call about the nail. We always do our best to take care of all guest requests quickly and on the first call. I appreciate you recommending us to your family, friends and fellow Trip Advisor readers.

I wish you the best and look forward to having you stay with us the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area.

Reviewed 28 June 2011

Friendly staff and nice greeting. We had packages sent c/o here and the arrival of same wasn't flagged for our attention, we had to ask for them later.

We were only here for an overnight whereas I think most people would be using it for longer stays for Disney etc. Living area / kitchen well appointed but not that much room if there were 4 of you. Likewise the 2 queen bedroom did not have much floor space for movement. There was just the three of us but even we seemed to be falling over each other!

There also seemed to be a leak from somewhere that showed up as damp carpets in the sink area.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank RussellERennie
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2011

Dear RussellERennie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I’m glad that you found our front desk team to be so friendly, but I wish your experience with your room would have been as satisfying. Although our suites are actually 35% larger than the average hotel room in the Anaheim Resort Area I understand why our Studio might feel a bit small for a family. For this reason we offer suites that are much larger and perfect for families. The Penthouse Suite is a bi-level unit and totals out to 700 square feet. It comes with a king size bed in the upstairs loft, two queen size beds in the downstairs bedroom and a full size sofa sleeper in the living room. The Two Bedroom Suite is the next room up and is our largest suite at 800 square feet. It comes with two queen beds in the master bedroom, one queen bed in the guest bedroom and a full size sofa sleeper in the living room.

As for the issue with the leak, I apologize. We have our engineering team going into unoccupied rooms everyday to work on preventative maintenance, but sometimes we can’t get to a room in time. In the case that a guest discovers a maintenance issue such as a leak we send one of our engineers to the room to fix the issue right away.

I hope that you will choose to give us another chance in the future. If you in fact choose to do so, I invite you to contact me directly at (714) 782-0046. That way I can have your room inspected by an engineer prior to your arrival.

Reviewed 24 June 2011

I hsve never written a review before but decided to. to warn others
about this hotel. It was the most horrible experience by far ! My friend layed down onthe couch and said she felt like something was biting her.. I didnt feel it at the time but when I woke up in the morning I had bites all over my body !! nd I could feel them biting me. IM ITCHING NOW ! word of advice dont go to bulding #3 theres an infestation ! I dont even knoow what to do about bed bugs ! STAY AWAY from BUILDING #3 ! matter of fact stay away . PERIOD. Idk where all these gud reviews come from. this place is a trash can !!

12  Thank honeydip411
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2011

Dear honeydip411,

I am so sorry for what you have experienced during your visit to Anaheim. We have definitely taken your review very seriously and I assure you that we want to do everything possible to take care of the matter. Due to the severity of your situation I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me directly so that I can get more details about your case (what room you were in, the dates you stayed, etc.). You can contact me directly at (714) 782-0046.

With that said, I would like to state that we take claims like this very seriously. What makes this case difficult is that although we have been sold out for several weeks straight and every room in building three has been occupied by several parties, we have not received any other reports like this one. We make it a habit to ask our guests at check out how their stay has gone, and none of our guests have reported anything like what you are describing. On top of that, we document all claims like this in a management log, but after revising the log from June there have been no other claims made. It is for this reason that I urge you to contact me so we can go about trying to understand what exactly caused your experience to be so different from what our other guests have encountered.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights the middle of June, and it was perfect for our stay. We had a two bedroom suite on one level with the kitchen and living area. It was roomy for five of us. And, I was happy to have the lower level for my in-laws. We ate breakfast everyday at the hotel, and it was exactly what we needed. There were many options- eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, fruit, yogurt, waffles, french toast, muffins, bagels, potatoes, tortillas, juice, coffee, cereal, and more! I felt like I could have something different every day if I wanted. We also took the shuttle to Disneyland. We didn't even try to walk, so I can't comment on the distance. But, it was so nice to use that a couple of times a day, since we went back and forth with a break in the afternoon. My father-in-law used the pool, but we were there for Disneyland and didn't take the time. I would definitely come back and stay here.

1  Thank lifesgreat
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2011

Dear lifesgreat,

Thank you so much for the great review. I’m very glad to hear that you found our two bedroom suite to be a perfect fit for your family. Not to be confused with the penthouse suite, the two bedroom suite is only located on the ground floor and comes with two separate bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a private outdoor patio, and a full kitchen all on one floor. At 800 square feet, the two bedroom is our largest suite.

I’m also glad to hear how much you enjoyed our breakfast. Serving a complimentary hot buffet breakfast for our guests is one of our most popular amenities. This is especially true with families who are on vacation for several days. It is for this reason we do our best to offer a variety of different items every morning at our buffet.

Thank you again for the great review. I’m very happy to know that we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area.

Reviewed 20 June 2011

Everything was pretty nice. The flat screen TVs are sweet. Standard Definition cable is lame. The kitchen was great and included everything, silverware, cookware, and plates. Free parking, WiFi, and buffet style breakfast. Shuttle was inexpensive and convenient. Location is great. Parking spaces are a bit small. Allows pets, should have a designated area for them to do their "business". Be careful walking the grounds, many pet land mines!

• Stayed: December 2010
3  Thank kmSENSEI
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2011

Dear kmSENSEI,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay last December. I’m very happy to read about how much you loved our amenities and services.

As you mentioned, our rates are sometimes higher than other hotels in the Anaheim Resort Area, but our guests actually get a great value by staying with us as a result of everything that is included with your stay: Complimentary buffet breakfast for the whole family, full size kitchen in every suite, free grocery shopping service, free wifi, free parking, walking distance to Disneyland, spacious suites that can accommodate large families, etc.

Thank you again for your great review. I really hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us again the next time you are in the Anaheim Resort Area.

Reviewed 16 June 2011

We stayed 4 nights total at this property, 3 nights at a 2 bedroom suite and our last night at a 1 bedroom suite. Overall we were very pleased with the hotel, service and the breakfast. The hotel is definitely dated but for the price it's pretty decent, the 1 bedroom is slightly cleaner and more spacious than the 2 bedroom penthouse suite. Why the 3 stars? Well, on our last night at the hotel, we were transferred to a one-bedroom suite located right above where the hot tub is located (building 24). There were people with kids hanging out by the hot tub talking and laughing really loud from 8:30 - 11:30pm!!! We have two kids under 3 that went to bed early, they basically couldn't sleep well and were waken multiple times because of the noise outside. On top of it all, our next door neighbor probably had jet lag, their kids were playing outside at 1:35am and at one point one of the parent was screaming at them outside in the common area. Note: If you have young kids, be sure to ask for a room away from the pool or hot tub. Also, sofa bed is really uncomfortable.

Location is very convenient, 15 min walk to Disneyland. A block away from Cheesecake Factory.

2  Thank Satellite1115
rrodriguez_maingate, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2011

Dear Satellite1115,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I’m glad to hear that despite the issues you experienced with the noise you still enjoyed the hotel, service and the amenities. I would like to comment on your issues in an attempt to help future guests avoid having the same experience.

First, noise can be an issue with our pool and hot tub because they are fully heated and open 24 hours. In order to proactively address this issue we have designated a 10pm-7am “Quiet Time” rule. This rule states that guests are welcome to use the pool and hot tub after 10pm as long as they do not disturb other guests by causing excessive noise. The first complaint will result in a warning to all parties in the pool/hot tub area. Any additional complaints will result in an eviction of all parties causing the noise.

You also mentioned the sofa bed not being very comfortable. One way we can help with this issue is to send up a mattress pad to your room. We offer complimentary pillow top mattress pads for the sofa bed or for the queen beds in our suites upon request. We have heard from several guests that having the mattress pad on the sofa bed makes a notable difference in the quality of their sleep.

I hope these suggestions will help you enjoy your stay even more the next time you choose to stay with us in the future. Thank you again for the great review.