“The perfect option near Disney”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Very good option in Anaheim area! You are close (less than a 5 minutes walk) from the Disney Boardwalk (less than a 5 minutes walk) and 5 minutes to Disney’s garage. However, if you’re staying more than one day you can use the bus.

We don’t have kids, but it’s the perfect place. Swimming pool, basketball court, coin laundry facilities (several machines), and a small shop with groceries…

Everything clean, nice staff, nice room, the breakfast had plenty of choices, maybe the area is small in relation to the so many guests that the hotel have, free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USGAB
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear USGAB,

Your review is so greatly appreciated! You are absolutely correct in mentioning that we are a short distance to Disneyland. The walk to the park is on average about 10-15 minutes. I am sure though that some guests, such as yourself, can make it in a less amount of time especially with such excitement to go to Disney.

You definitely have set an example in how we appeal to different guests. It is a pleasure to know that our amenities attracted you regardless if you used them. As you described, our hotel offers so many services in order to make sure your stay is like your home away from home.
I am most positive that my team can expect a future visit from you. If you need any assistance with your future stay feel free to contact me at: krosales@rimhospitality.com

“Suite”

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Reviewed 29 November 2011

I have stayed in some really nice Marriott Residence Inns. This was not one of them. I wanted to give it a 2.5 rating but that was not an option so I gave it the benefit of the doubt and bumped it up to a 3.

While the proximity to Disneyland is good and the setting within the complex is quite lovely, this hotel has seen better days. Decor is dated, rooms smell old, the bathtub/shower is mildewy, the grounds are not particularly taken care of and the whole property just feels like it is really worn out.

For families, this is a good place to stay. But there are plenty of great places to stay in this area. A much needed renovation would make this one of those places, but until that happens, I would recommend staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2011
3  Thank morris3445
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2011

Dear morris3445,

I appreciate your time in giving us genuine feedback. I apologize that our property was not up to par with your expectations. While we are known for our condo-style suites, we are well aware that our property has been through 25 years of wear and tear. To meet the demand of our guests we are always finding new ways to refurbish. This past year we have replaced all of our beds, replaced all of our china and switched our end tables and coffee tables.

As far as our property maintenance, our landscapers are on property daily making sure that our property is immaculate. We try to display as much greenery as we can, to complete your home away from home feel. You are correct in stating that there are a variety of different hotels that cater to different clientele. You will find that we cater to a great variety of travelers: from families going to Disney, to business travelers from the Convention Center, to leisure guests enjoying the Southern California atmosphere.

My team and I recognize the value of your response. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 28 November 2011

The property was nice. It is not located at what we consider Maingate, it's down the road a bit. The continental breakfast was good. The neighbors were noisy very early in the morning, like 5:00 a.m. There was only one thing that disappointed me and that was the condition of the bathroom. For a suit it was really small and looked very old. The walls were pealing and the bathtub has some moldy areas. Other than the bathroom everything was good. Oh, if you come in late parking is hard to find close to your building.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank loves2laugh29
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear loves2laugh29,

Thank you for your honest response. I apologize for your neighbors disturbing you so early in the morning. I have confidence that my staff took action in resolving this issue when notified. I am sorry to read that our bathrooms were unfitting for you. Unfortunately our hotel is 25 years old and they didn’t take much consideration when designing the restrooms. I will notify our staff that we need to improve our preventative maintenance to avoid any future unsatisfied guest(s).

Although we are not directly across the street from Disneyland the ART (Shuttle) makes it easier by offering a fee based all day shuttle pass; as opposed to the quick 10-15 min walk. If you or any other Trip Advisor reader have any questions in regards to these topics I would be more than happy to help. I can be contacted directly at (714) 782-0047 or krosales@rimhospitality.com

“Suite” Regards

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We (6 adults & 2 kids) stayed there for 8 nights in a 2 bedroom loft & a 1 bedroom apt.

atmosphere - Condominium like facilitiy where you park below your room, so loading & unloading is a breeze.. parking is FREE

location - for the price you pay, cannot get any better. anaheim city walk (retail & F&B is within walking distance... disneyLand we take a short shuttle ride)

cleanliness - what you cannot see you will not know... hotels like these uses fabrics that tend to hide dirt well.....not that I am complaining, but I bought a Fabreeze (at nearby Target) to spray the couch just to be safe.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank HKL
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2011

Dear HKL,

I appreciate such an informative review. One great attribute about our hotel is the fact that parking is free. It is so beneficial for our guests because it allows them to save money and not have to worry about the hassle of Disney traffic. Also being that we are in the center of Anaheim walking is essential.

Rest assured that cleanliness is not a concern. We shampoo the carpets regularly and are currently reupholstering our furniture. However, there is absolutely nothing wrong with playing it safe.

It sounds your return to our property is a definite! We hope to see you soon

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We just arrived back from a week vacation in Anaheim. We stayed at the Residence Inn in a penthouse suite. This was our second time staying at the Residence Inn, and overall it was really good. The walk to Disney was about 15 minutes at a leisurely pace. But there is also a shuttle (at a cost) that will take you to and from Disney. The hotel is across the street for the Garden Walk, which is an outdoor mall. We didn't really spend any time shopping there, but we often had dinner at the many restaurants there. We also discovered that most, if not all, of the restaurants have take-out. This came in handy after a long day at Disney with the kids.

As for the hotel. We stayed in the penthouse. We were travelling with my in-laws and my two kids (aged 2 and 4). Overall the suite worked well for the six of us. The main bedroom is off of the living room and has two queen beds and an ensuite bathroom. The upstairs bedroom has one queen bed and a bathroom, but it is a loft. You cannot see up into the loft, so it is private, but there is a noise factor. We quickly discovered that if the TV was on in the loft you could clearly hear it in the living room. There was a point when my kids and granddad were duelling TVs between the living room and the loft. Also, with my in-laws sleeping in the loft, my husband and I felt bad if we wanted to stay up and watch TV in the living room as we didn't want to keep them awake. Honestly this problem could be solved by hanging a curtain in between the loft and the living room. This is something the Residence Inn should consider. My kids were sleeping in the main bedroom, and they were so tired from Disneyland, that noise was not a factor for them. To be perfectly honest, for our next visit we are going to book the two bedroom suite instead of the penthouse. That way everyone has a door, and we won't have to worry so much about keeping each other up at night. Also, the two bedroom comes with a private patio!

I should also mention that the beds are very comfy! Everyone in my family had great sleeps!

As for the rest of the hotel, it was great! The pool was kept at a good temperature, and we were able to use it even on cooler days. The breakfast is awesome and a great way to start the day! There was a wide variety every morning, and every one in my family was able to find something they liked. Be forewarned that it can be very busy in the breakfast room. If there is no room inside, they also have an outside eating area with heaters. You also have the option of taking the food back to your room.

I think that is about all I can say about the hotel. We did have a small issue with house keeping not getting to our room until 5:00pm (which wasn't good as this was when we were returning from Disney). But I spoke with the front desk and they said just to let them know when we would be out of the room and they would make sure it got done then, which they did.

The front desk staff were very nice. In fact, when my husband went to use their complimentary business centre the printer wasn't hooked up yet as they just got new computers. The front desk staff let my husband use the office to print our boarding passes. A great time saver when you get to the airport.

I have family in Southern California, so we travel there often. I have stayed at many hotels in the area, but since staying at the Residence Inn last year, this is now the only place we stay. The price is right, the location is great, and it works well for our family. Thanks Residence Inn for a great stay!

Room Tip: Spend a little more money and go for the two-bedroom suite.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Adams2615

Dear Adams2615,

I am delighted to read that you took such great pleasure in your stay. I understand how much location is a necessity when it comes to vacationing. Luckily, our hotel is conveniently located in the midst of Disneyland, restaurants (Cheesecake Factory, P.F Changs, CPK, Bubba Gump etc.), shopping and entertainment. The Anaheim Resort Transit shuttle is a huge help for traveling in the Anaheim Resort area. Because there are 17 different routes that go everywhere from The Honda Center to The Block at Orange it is one way of saving money.

There are benefits in both the Two-bedroom and the Penthouse that each guest has a preference for. Various guests enjoy the fact that the Penthouse has a king size bed upstairs; while the other two queens are in the separate bedroom below. On the other hand, several guests like the privacy of the Two-Bedroom suite. Being that there are two separate bedrooms that close, it is easier for larger families to stay in one room. For a future stay I am more than happy to provide an emailed copy of our room layouts for a clearer visual: krosales@rimhospitality.com.

Ultimately, I am very proud to know my team was able to make your trip such an enjoyable one. I am so happy that you will be returning to our property. Hopefully next time you can invite your family that lives in the area to come enjoy some Residence Inn company.

“Suite” Regards,

Reviewed 23 November 2011

We booked a 4 night stay for a family of 5 (my mother, husband and 2+yo and a 1yo).

I must have not read the room description properly as I didnt expect glass doors to the bedroom downstairs. It didnt cut off the noise from the living room so I could hear my mum snoring from the loft upstairs.

Nonetheless the suite was a good size, having the 2 bathrooms a bonus. There were 2 queen beds in the bedroom downstairs and a king upstairs. Beds were comfortable, pillow selection was good too. Housekeeping were very thorough. rooms were very clean and toiletries replenished everyday.

The free buffet breakfast was much appreciated, we liked the waffles. Dont exoect a banquet, they provide scrambled eggs, biscuits with gravy, cereal, waffle mix for DIY style, an assortment of pastries, fresh fruit, jiuce, coffee/tea. It was very busy though. There are paperplates if you need to take your food back to your apartment. It was also cleared rather early so get there as soon as you rise.

The shuttle to Disney came every 20mins and costs $2 one way and $3 return which is very fair. We opted to take the shuttle most times as my mother had a bad knee and it was too far for her to walk.

There is no room service so byof or dine at the many restaurants like the Cheesecake Factory down the street at ghe corner of W Katella Ave.

The pool is next to their restaurant. It was a little chilly in the evenings for us to use.

I must note that reception was super busy when we came in. We needed help with our luggage but no one came to service us so we took the cart and brought the bags up to the suite ourselves. We were thankful we weren't far from reception.

I found the hotel somewhat remote to conveniences like a chemist or grocery store so stock up before you arrive if you dont have a car. I had to take a bus and walk for ages because of the infrequency of the buses servicing W Katella Ave. All the way at the cross section of S Euclid st, you'll find CVS Pharmacy if you need babyfood and infant formula. There's also Kmart and some fast food restaurants.

Overall a satisfactory stay. The rates were pretty fair for what you get.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sheba31

Dear Sheba31,

Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad to read that our hotel was well fitting for you. I would like to take this time to explain the layout of the Penthouse suite so it is clear for future guests as well. The bi-level loft has two bed rooms, one loft with a king bed and a restroom (keep in mind that there is no door, it is all open). The downstairs has two queens and another restroom. The downstairs room is enclosed by French doors. Aside from that, you have the living room area where the sofa bed is, and a full kitchen area. You are correct in stating that the Two-Bedroom suite has more privacy than the Penthouse. The suite has two separate bedroom areas with two queens in the master bedroom and one queen in the other with a restroom in each room. I would recommend the two bedrooms for large families.

As you mentioned, the ART (shuttle) is so helpful when coming and returning from Disney. And in your case it was beneficial for your mother. The prices you stated are if you pay the driver, it will only be a onetime ride. However, we have a Disney representative on property who sells the shuttle passes which are valid all day and you can return as many times as you like. The prices are $4 for adults and children 3-9 are $1. I lastly want to apologize for our front desk being busy. Because we are not a full service hotel we do not offer many amenities they do such as a bellhop or room service. However, my team does all they can to assist you in any way. Since the front desk does a variety of jobs tasks there are times where it is very busy with incoming families. I will, nevertheless, make this issue aware to my team and find a resolution.

Thank you again for your feedback and I anticipate you future return!

Reviewed 21 November 2011

My family of 4 recently stayed here for 4 nights. The buffet breakfast was a great start to each day. The service was fantastic. I was especially impressed with the grocery purchase. Because we didn't have a car, we would have had to take a cab to a grocery store. Instead, all I had to do was hand in a list of grocery items I wanted by 9 am and they were purchased and stored away in my room later that day while we enjoyed ourselves at Disneyland (at no extra cost, other than cost of groceries). It was so nice to come home after that first exhausting day and have some healthy food to eat and to stay in and relax. This hotel is an easy 15 minute walk to Disneyland. You can even see the fireworks from here. Anaheim Garden Walk is even closer and has plenty of shopping and restaurants (cheaper than eating in the park).

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jody A
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

Dear Jody A,

It is such a pleasure to hear what a terrific time you had. I can already tell that we exceeded your expectations; which is our ultimate goal. I am so glad that the complimentary grocery shopping service was of use to your family. You are absolutely right that it saves time and money. After a long day at Disney the last thing anyone wants to do is head to the grocery store to shop for dinner. For incoming guests that would like to have their groceries upon arrival you can contact the hotel directly and place your order. Because we shop at Albertsons you have the option of going online to see what they offer prior to arrival.

With the Gardenwalk across the street you will always have somewhere to eat. They have everything from The Cheesecake Factory to P.F Chang’s. Also, with the bowling alley and movie theater you will always find something fun to do.

I appreciate all the wonderful things you mentioned about our hotel. I cannot wait to see you back here in the very near future.