Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
  • Breakfast included
Peacock Suites(Anaheim)
Riviera Motel(Anaheim)
1,417 results
All reviewsfull kitchenthe penthouseloft roomgrocery shopping servicewafflesdisney deskbasketball courtfree breakfastopen hourssofa bedminute walkfree parkingliving areaown bathroomcheesecake factorygarden walkseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I had an unfortunate experience of losing my car and home keys at Disneyland this weekend. While sorting out my options, the front-desk employee was very accommodating in furnishing sundry items that I could not obtain from a vehicle I was locked out from! I am happy to report that Disney found my lost keys! I absolutely loved the room that was assigned to me by Residence Inn. It was my second time there and I love everything about it. I like that it is not on a main street but is still a 12-minute walk to the parks. It is quiet and spacious and they go out of their way to assure a quality stay. Will always return here! Thank you to their entire staff!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank redsox17
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2011

Dear redsox17,

Wow, it sounds like you had an eventful experience! I am so very proud that my team went above and beyond to assist you in all ways possible. It is great to know that Disneyland was able to locate your missing keys, as those are very beneficial for your return home. As you stated, we are not on a main street which many guests see as a convenience because of the traffic. We are at a perfect location to where the walk is short but the location is serene.

I am more than positive that we can expect a third visit from you. Do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance: krosales@rimhospitality.com

Reviewed 11 December 2011

I have to say "pretty good", not "great", because I was a bit disgruntled. We stayed here because they advertised that they had shuttle service to Angel Stadium. Because we were going to see U2, we didn't want the problem and expense of parking. Big mistake. After checking in, they told us that they really didn't suggest that we use their shuttle for this, and we should take a cab, instead. Since it was too late to find another hotel, we just did that. The hotel desk clerk told us that when we were ready to come back, to call the hotel, and they would send the shuttle for us. Well, they actually don't do that. We were stuck at the Stadium for over 2 hours at about 1 am, along with over 100 other people who couldn't get out, because the Stadium had all of us standing at the rear of the property, where there were no taxi stands. Oh, and also, in any event, the hotel doesn't actually send shuttles to the Stadium. When we finally got back, because the police called several taxi companies and told them to send cars for everyone, we went down to the little minimart the hotel has, for some food, but all they had were very, very hot burritos. Nothing else. Also, apparently there is a nice breakfast included in the hotel package, but because there was no information about it in the room, we didn't know about it and missed it. Other than that, the room was nice and clean. There was a dead outlet, but that's about the only room problem we encountered. The kitchenette was well stocked with cookware, and there was a good TV and a nice breakfast nook. Even though it's primarily a family hotel designed for folks going to Disneyland, it was unexpectedly quiet. Probably because the pool was not close to us. So, in truth, I'd never go back, but I think it's probably just fine for families with kids.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank suetyler1949

Dear suetyler1949,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I want to start off by apologizing for some of the inconveniences you encountered. I would like to mention that our hotel does not have a direct shuttle to the Angel Stadium. We do offer to call cab companies for your convenience, though I am sure that because it was U2 that the stadium was a bit busier. The Anaheim Resort Transit Shuttle, that I often mention on the site, is specifically for Disneyland. However, the shuttle has 17 different routes that transport throughout the local Anaheim attractions such as: The Anaheim Convention Center, The Honda Center, Restaurants, Shopping and more. Although you have to change routes once you get to Disney, it winds up being much more inexpensive than parking or taking a cab.

In regards to breakfast, I am sorry that you were not reminded that the full hot buffet breakfast was included with your stay. For any future stays, we mention all of our amenities when booking online and even on the property map you receive when you check in. You are so correct in mentioning that our hotel is geared towards families. And best of all, our “home away from home” feel keeps our guests returning time and time again.

Thank you for your response and I hope I was able to clear up any confusion.

Reviewed 9 December 2011

Our group of eight just stayed at this hotel. We loved it! So roomy -- it was great to have two large, separate bedrooms and baths. We loved being able to come back after a long day at Disneyland to fix meals and relax in the living area. This suite was even larger than the vacation condo we typically stay in. We didn't think it was too far from Disneyland -- about a 15 minute walk with the small kids in tow. And the kids loved being able to go to the pool every night since it's open 24 hours. (Quiet hours begin at 10pm -- but the kids were ready for bed by then.)

And kudos to the wonderful hotel staff! They were so great to us -- providing a birthday cake for my nephew's birthday and picking up groceries for us one day. We're recommending this to all our friends and relatives!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank J G

Dear J G,

I cannot begin to thank you enough for such a wonderful review. From your description I could tell you stayed in our Two Bedroom suite, which is the largest suite on property (800 sq.ft). The two separate bedrooms add the perfect touch of privacy when traveling with large families. And because every single one of our rooms are suites, you are able to have a full kitchenette and living room area. It is so nice of you to mention our pool hours as well as our quiet time (24-hours/ Quiet time 10pm).

It is such a pleasure to see my team go out of their way to make your stay exceptional. It is because of them that you, and some new friends, will continue to stay with us.

Reviewed 3 December 2011

I was on a business trip and stayed here and would so again for business and bring my family. The staff is friendly and professional. Since I was here on business I had a rental car and the headlights go not go off by themselves like my vehicle at home. Next morning I went to go to my meeting and the car battery was dead. The front desk had jumper cables and gave me a jump from their own car. I went to tip the staff member and he declined and said he wanted my stay to be enjoyable. The breakfast bar in the morning was excellent and was much more than a continental offering. Highly recommend for anyone to stay here for business or family vacation.

Room Tip: Request Poolside view
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank D W
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Dear D W,

What an experience you had! I am so honored my staff provided such exceptional assistance. It is such a great feeling to know that our motto of “exceeding guest expectations” applied to you. I definitely recommend bringing your family here while on business. Many guests who come to Anaheim on business bring their families along. So while you are at work, your family is enjoying a day at Disneyland. Then, at the end of the day, you are able to join them and relax in the comforts of your “home away from home”.

Thank you for your future recommendations. And next time you are here on business don’t forget the family!

Reviewed 1 December 2011

Very good option in Anaheim area! You are close (less than a 5 minutes walk) from the Disney Boardwalk (less than a 5 minutes walk) and 5 minutes to Disney’s garage. However, if you’re staying more than one day you can use the bus.

We don’t have kids, but it’s the perfect place. Swimming pool, basketball court, coin laundry facilities (several machines), and a small shop with groceries…

Everything clean, nice staff, nice room, the breakfast had plenty of choices, maybe the area is small in relation to the so many guests that the hotel have, free Wi-Fi.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USGAB
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2011

Dear USGAB,

Your review is so greatly appreciated! You are absolutely correct in mentioning that we are a short distance to Disneyland. The walk to the park is on average about 10-15 minutes. I am sure though that some guests, such as yourself, can make it in a less amount of time especially with such excitement to go to Disney.

You definitely have set an example in how we appeal to different guests. It is a pleasure to know that our amenities attracted you regardless if you used them. As you described, our hotel offers so many services in order to make sure your stay is like your home away from home.
I am most positive that my team can expect a future visit from you. If you need any assistance with your future stay feel free to contact me at: krosales@rimhospitality.com

“Suite”