Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
  • Breakfast included
Peacock Suites(Anaheim)
Riviera Motel(Anaheim)
1,417 results
All reviewsfull kitchenthe penthouseloft roomgrocery shopping servicewafflesdisney deskbasketball courtfree breakfastopen hourssofa bedminute walkfree parkingliving areaown bathroomcheesecake factorygarden walkseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 January 2012

This hotel is a great choice for families visiting Anaheim. It is clean and comfortable - a bedroom and a living room with a sofa bed. However, if you are on the ground level, you could hear the foot steps/running feet of occupiers upstairs. Nice touches include a fireplace and complimentary microwave pop corn.

Breakfast at the restaurant was so so although there was plenty to eat. Liked the self-make waffles though. It was pretty chaotic as there weren't enough tables every morning. Don't bother with the free manager's dinner. The hamburgers and hot dogs served for BBQ dinner were awful, tasted like leftovers.

Good location with easy access to the nearby mall where you can enjoy restaurants like McComicks Seafood and The Cheesecake Factory, way better than the restaurants along the Disneyland strip.

2  Thank JWjaunt
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2012

Dear JWjaunt,

Thank you for such an information filled review. I most certainly agree with you when you say our hotel is perfect for families. All of the amenities we offer add the “home away from home” feel. To complete the stay, the complimentary hot buffet breakfast keeps guests at ease without having to worry about spending a fortune on dining. Due to the popularity of the breakfast we understand how busy the morning rushes can get. To avoid this, our management team helps out the kitchen staff by bussing tables, replenishing food and managing incoming guests. I am sorry you did not enjoy our evening time social hour. We BBQ the meats outside and serve them in the gatehouse with all the fixings. Maybe in a future stay you could give one of the staff members your preference of food and we will grill it for you.

I am glad that you mentioned the Gardenwalk located right across the street from us. Not only is it convenient but it offers everything from restaurants to shopping to bowling and cinema.
By the looks of your review, I am most positive you will be returning. And don’t forget to keep my suggestions in mind!

Reviewed 9 January 2012

My wife and I were traveling this past Christmas vacation with our 3 young children. Usually we end up with 2 rooms - adjoining,,, but we were able to secure a room at the Residence Inn - Anaheim that fully suited our needs.

It was a 2 bedroom suite where the 'master b.r.' overlooks the main rooms as a 2 floor combination room. It was perfect, as it gave us some privacy, and yet could keep an eye on the younger ones. We really enjoyed the spaciousness of the rooms - they were well kept, and up to date. I had heard some other reviews about the age of carpeting, and maintenance -- and was a bit worried about that. The hotels around Disney are fully utilized I'm sure -- and thought that everything in the area would be a mess. Not so! This hotel makes a distinct effort to keep the rooms and grounds looking sharp.

The breakfast area was great -- a little chaotic in the morning as families are trying to hit the buffet with their kids prior to the trip off to Disney... but everything is fresh, and delicious, and keeps the overall bills down not having to have EACH and EVERY meal out at a restaurant.

All in all, a great trip, and a hotel worthy of your consideration.

4  Thank QFDMAN
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2012

Dear QFDMAN,

I cannot begin to thank you for such an honest and wonderful review. I can imagine how exciting a Christmas vacation at Disneyland could be. You couldn’t have selected a better room type than the Two Bedroom suite. Being that all of our suites have fully equipped kitchen and living room areas it makes you feel right at home. I agree with you when you mentioned that it has the perfect amount of privacy yet with the ability to be attentive to the children.

I appreciate your compliments on our grounds and our rooms. It is great that you notice the hard work all of my team puts to make this hotel beautiful. As for breakfast, you are absolutely correct that the amount of money you save is beneficial for a Disneyland vacation. All in all, it is so great to read that our hotel really stood out from the rest.

I am sure I can expect a future visit from you and your family. So whenever you start planning don’t hesitate to shoot me an email: krosales@rimhospitality.com

"Suite" Regards,

Reviewed 8 January 2012

I booked this hotel many weeks in advance of my arrival on Dec 31st with my family for 4 nights. When I arrived the service was okay. I was sent to a room in building 8 which upon entering with my family smelled terrible, one of the worst smells of mildew. We thought maybe we needed some fresh air. After about an 1/2 hour there was no improvement. I called the front desk to explain the situation and asked to be moved to a different room. I was told that they were fully booked by the woman who answered, her name was Erica, and she asked if I could just deal with it until morning. When I said, no, she then offered to send maintenance over.....for what I have no idea. Maintenance came by and agreed that the room had a terrible odor and without a deep cleaning there was no way it would improve. My husband couldn't take it anymore and walked to the front desk explaining he had severe allergies and could not sleep in the room. They eventually agreed to move us after my husband said that he wanted another room or they needed to send us to another hotel if they were booked. I found it interesting they could suddenly move us after they just told me they were fully booked. That room was odor free but the bathroom must have had an inch thick of dust on all of the woodwork. As a platinum member of the Marriott and someone who travels all over the world, this was the worst experience I have ever had in a Marriott. In the morning we checked out and moved to the Anaheim Marriott where a clean odor free room was waiting.

3  Thank Melusky

Dear Melusky,

On behalf of the hotel, we appreciate your time in your response. We take every comment we receive very seriously. With that being said, I want to apologize that the stay was not up to par for you. I am most sorry for the miscommunication between my staff and yourself.

I would first like to address the fact why we offered to send maintenance to your room. In most cases there is a possibility there could have been a leak that could have resulted in the smell, which could have been repaired. My team is well aware of the inconvenience it is to move rooms which is why Erica offered the option to move the next day. I am sure if she were to have known the severe circumstances that it would have been the first option. It is clear now that moving could have been the best choice; nevertheless it seems that Erica was looking for the best option. Also considering the holiday season it might have been a bit busier than usual.

Being that you are a loyal member to Marriott I understand how crucial it is that your stay is a great one. I hope that you would take into consideration giving our hotel another opportunity to make your stay absolute. If you would still like to talk about this please feel free to call or email me at: (714) 782-0047 or krosales@rimhospitality.com

Reviewed 5 January 2012

I stayed here for business, and while the service and room was very good, and the free breakfast was great, they don't have enough tables and chairs between 8am - 9am for the Disneyland family rush. The facilities are well kept and staff is helpful (allowing me to charge the coin laundry to my room). Parking is easy, and the full kitchen (with dishwasher) and fireplace (with log) were very nice.

Room Tip: The units are only 2 stories, so choose a 1st floor room if you don't want to climb stairs.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim L
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2012

Dear Jim L,

Thank you so much for your warm review. You are a great example of the different clientele we cater to. I apologize that there were not enough tables for you to enjoy breakfast during the morning rush (8:30-9:30am). As an alternative, I suggest enjoying the outdoor seating area, or the option of taking the food back to the room. I am so glad that facilities were so beneficial to you. We exchange dollars to quarters and the front desk area for those interested in our 24-hour laundry area.

I want to again, thank you kindly for such an informative review. This is why I truly love TripAdvisor as it serves as a helpful site for everyone.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed here for a week (two adults, one child). The one bedroom suite we had was very suitable for our needs. It had a living room with comfortable furniture, kitchen (very well stocked), bedroom with two queen beds and a TV and average bathroom. The room was very clean. Kitchen had an enormous stove, oven and fridge, along with a dishwasher. Appreciated the popcorn in the room.
Breakfast is included and very thorough - eggs, sausages or bacon daily, waffles, pancakes, cereal, fruit and much more. Breakfast room gets crowded at peak hour though.

Pool and small playground are good. Grounds look lovely. Very green and relaxing.

The walk to Disneyland is very short. We did it twice a day with a five year old. Close to Garden Walk with great restaurants.

We only had a few minor issues, which were resolved by staff reasonably promptly.

I would stay here again and recommend this to families who require a suite, not just a hotel room.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a suite.
5  Thank Jerrythelab
Kimberly R, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Jerrythelab,

My staff and I greatly appreciate such a warm response. It’s great to hear that the One Bedroom suite was so accommodating for you. They offer a perfect amount of space and privacy for a family trip. I am glad that the breakfast selection was very thorough. I appreciate you mentioning the fact the breakfast does get very busy during peak hours (8:30-9:30am). Nevertheless there is the option to eat outdoors in our patio areas or take the food back up to the room.

I am pleased to know that my team resolved any minor issues you had. They work hard to make sure that your stay is remarkable. We all give a big “thank you” for all future recommendations for our hotel. It is the guests that help us with just a simple word of mouth.

"Suite" Regards,