“Nice Extended Stay Comfort”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #45 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property during a 2-month assignment for work in 2010. Location was ideal given my office was within walking distance. The staff was friendly but nothing special. The room itself was very spacious and having access to kitchen appliances like a fridge and microwave was very helpful . The hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and it provided complimentary breakfast in the morning which helps save money, especially during a long stay. My husband and kids got to stay here as well and it met all of our needs. Would consider this hotel if the need arises
again.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank LorenasTravels
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear LorenasTravels,

Thank you for keeping us in mind after 4 years! The direct contact with the outdoors, coupled with the fully equipped kitchen in all our suites make for a home-like environment for the comfort of our guests.

It is great to hear that everything went well with your extended stay, and that our hotel was of great convenience for you. We hope to exceed your expectations in terms of staff service the next time you come to visit us- whether it be on another business trip, or with your family!

rsmith@rimhospitality.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 22 December 2013

This is our second time staying at this same hotel and I can say when we venture back to the area we will stay a third time. The rates are extremely reasonable and it's one of the few hotels in the area that does not charge for parking. The rooms are spacious and extremely clean, it's just like being at home. We stayed an entire week and the only issue that we had was that our room was in a building that was by the road which was loud due to traffic.
A full-free breakfast was included and I must say that it was hearty and filling!
The hotel also had a laundry area that was very convenient which meant we didn't have to pack as many clothes.
The location was great. Only 1.5 blocks from Disneyland, which meant we could walk everyday.

I highly recommend this hotel if staying in the Anaheim area! We love it!

Room Tip: Pick a room that is in one of the buildings that does not run the perimeter of the grounds.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lowgetter

Dear lowgetter,

Thank you for your loyalty! It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed the home-like feel of our hotel throughout the entire week you stayed with us. If you have any special requests for your future reservations, such as a room in a quiet area, please feel free to contact me or the hotel directly. We are happy to be your home away from home every time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

Stayed five nights and was the best accommodation of our trip. Easy walk to Disneyland and very good value. Great room and facilities with good breakfasts and residence extras included. Highly recommended and would stay again next time.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank BrianE1969
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear BrianE1969,

Thank you for your review and your recommendations! We are pleased to hear that you found our hotel to be the best accommodation for your family’s trip to Disneyland. We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to the Anaheim Resort Area!

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Loved it! What more can I say, well the room was very clean, lots of space for a 17 month to run around. the full kitchen and full cub bards are a life saver when your on a budget, less eating out helped us spend more at Disney! Very quiet and just home like. I had zero complaints, the staff was great and I was glad to leave a tip to the amazing cleaning person, Clara. She always had the room perfect when returning after a long day out!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear E R,

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that our housekeeper, Clara, did a fantastic job in keeping your room perfectly cleaned to your liking each time you returned from the park. I am glad that our hotel provided everything your family needed to enjoy a great Disneyland trip. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to the Anaheim Resort Area!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This was our fourth stay at this property in five years. We have stayed at seven other properties in the last couple of decades and find that overall, the Residence Inn Maingate is hard to beat. The rooms are starting to show some age but overall upkeep is good. Beds and linens are clean, crisp and comfortable. We have always had plenty of room as well. I was using the laptop at the kitchen table/counter with the wheelchair parked at the end charging, and had plenty of room to access the refrigerator and kitchen area. My wife watched TV in the living room while the daughter watched in the bedroom. Meanwhile, the grand sons romped throughout with their Pirate Jake swords (it was early yet and ground floor) I thought how nice it was to not be cooped up in a small motel room. Our only real complaint could not be blamed on the motel. Loud and late stomping around upstairs. Obviously younger kids who must have been in strollers all day as they had plenty of stored energy to stay up well past normal and courteous bedtime.
The breakfast area was always crowded and sometimes had to troll for a table. Just adding a few dozen chairs would help as many families sat with four to six at the round tables. They put in a good effort but the breakfast fare tastes pretty institutional after a couple of days. I figure into the cost of the room and splurge later for lunch or dinner.
Staff were great as always, and restating pluses would be redundant so check their website. We bought bout tickets at the Disney kiosk when we got there. No waiting in lines or internet purchase-print-safeguard-present-exchange to deal with. We also bought the 5 day non park hopper (not promoted as well, so ask for it) as we seldom want to visit both parks in a day. About a $250 savings for us.
One complaint I do have is that leaving the lobby and breakfast area through the main door with a wheel chair is a pain as you can ramp to the sidewalk OK, but have to go down quite a ways either direction to you to allow to cross the parking lot an access the sidewalks out.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RickCrescentCity_CA

Dear RickCrescentCity_CA,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel! It is an honor to hear from an experienced Anaheim traveler that we are your top choice when visiting the area.

I’m glad our hotel provided you with a spacious suite to fit your entire family, and still have room for the kids to play pirates! It is great to hear that you had a wonderful stay, and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time your family comes down to Disneyland.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

I am a loyal Marriott visitor, however if all the properties were like this one I think I would quickly switch to Hilton.

I booked a one bedroom suite with two queen beds and a sofa bed. We were given a very small version of this on the first floor directly across from check in area. The rooms seem very out dated. My youngest daughter was going to sleep on the sofa bed, however when we opened the couch the sofa bed was full of popcorn from a previous guest. Luckily we always bring a cot with us. The shower was missing a shower curtain.

I could not believe the noise that was generated by the pipes from the upstairs room. Every time the unit above us flushed their toilet we were woken up. The 6:00am showers from the room above made it impossible to sleep in. So much for a relaxing vacation.

After two nights of that we asked to be moved. The second room was much larger however still was outdated. The drawers on the dresser barley worked. While we were upstairs we were next to the freeway which was fairly noisy. At least it was constant noise.

The hotel staff was excellent. All very helpful and did their job well. The morning breakfast was a bit more that your standard residence inn breakfast. That was a nice surprise.

The ART bus to Disneyland ran every 20 minutes. That was a great option over walking to the park.

Parking seems a bit difficult. All the spots near our room were taken. We parked in the south side of the hotel.

Overall, for $209 plus tax a night I was very disappointed in the rooms. I think next time I will choose something a bit newer. I may give the Residence inn on Harbor just South of Katella a try. In the past we have stayed at the Howard Johnson. Their rooms have recently been renovated and cost about $140 a night.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Soar573

Dear Soar573,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the dissatisfaction you had with our rooms. We are acutely aware that our hotel is beginning to show its age. Fortunately, our hotel will be going through a renovation very soon, and we are just as excited about it as our guests are. Once we have finished undergoing our renovation, I hope you allow us a second opportunity to serve you the next time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area.

Reviewed 28 November 2013

Just returned from a great second stay at Residence Inn Maingate in Anaheim.

The good...

Check in was a breeze as was the parking. As Marriot Club members, we got to participate in a little contest to get extra points by spinning a wheel at check in. Silly but certainly fun!

Location was amazing. Easy walk to Disneyland for our young girls. Easy access to other places to eat two blocks away at the outdoor mall. (Thanks Cheesecake Factory for a lovely welcome dinner!!)

Breakfast included in the price of the room was filling. Coffee was only so so but definitely not a deal breaker. Wi Fi connectivity included in room price was adequate but slower than I remember last time. Parking was lovely! No extra charge to park here and then walk to Disneyland. This saves $16 per day!

Handy that Disney has a ticket counter right there in the hotel lobby. Had we not had tickets, this would have been a plus as it would have saved us time standing in that line at the park.

The Bad....
Room had slight mildew smell but I didn't notice this after we had been there a few minutes. We didn't use the kitchen in the unit though that was our fault!

The Ugly...
Nothing ugly during this stay.

Would I go back next year when we return to Disneyland. Yes! The price was less than 1/4 of what the Disneyland Hotel was charging for a similar suite.

TIP:
Going to Disneyland the week before Thanksgiving was AMAZING. No Lines. NO hassles. Went on EVERY ride in the park. It helped that there was a slight drizzle that probably frightened a few people away. I would make this trip again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank BKKandKSK

Dear BKKandKSK,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I’m glad you enjoyed spinning the wheel of rewards at check in! It is our way of saying thank you to our loyal Marriott Rewards members. It’s great that you were able to utilize many of our hotel amenities as well. It sounds like you and your family had a great time at Disneyland, and I hope to see you again the next time you come down to visit Anaheim!