“Excellent family resort”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am a Travel Agent in Australia and stayed at this hotel in September of last year. I cannot fault this hotel, the grounds/pool/tennis court are all lovely and well kept. It is within walking distance to Disneyland, but if you don't want to walk, it has an ART bus stop on site. It is also a couple of minutes walk to the Anaheim Garden Walk, which has many great restaurants, incluing our favorites PF Changs and The Cheesecake Factory. The staff were wonderful, I would like to particularly like to thank Vanssa, she was a pleasure to deal with on both of our stays, and could not do enough to help us. The hotel has a little convenience store, plus a Disney desk, a free breakfast, and a great BBQ area which is great, particularly for us Australian Travellers (we love our BBQ's) We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and on the second visit, a one bedroom loft apartment, both had full kitchens. Furniture perhaps a tiny bit dated (otherwise I would give FIVE stars) but the best thing was it was CLEAN and tidy. Being a fussy Travel Agent, I am very fussy, and was not dissappointed in this hotel. It has a family village resort type atmosphere and I would receommend it to any one, particularly families. I cannot wait to return. Thanks Residence Inn for a great stay x 2!

Room Tip: The resort is very spread out, so I think all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tania F
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Tania F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and share your experiences. It is an honor to hear that as a travel agent, you approve of our hotel, and would recommend us to your clients!

I’m glad that our staff was wonderful to you, and that Vanessa was able exceed your expectations during both of your stays with us. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure our property is well-maintained and clean. It is great to hear that our hard work is valued by guests such as yourself.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel, and I hope to welcome you back home soon!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is by far the best place to stay at when your in Anaheim. The name tends to fool a bit as its not located anywhere near the main gate to Disneyland. I haven't stayed here during the off season but during the summer season there morning breakfast is the best. Every thing you can think of. I've stayed here a couple of times when bringing the whole family, the hotel upgraded our room from a mini suite, to a mini suite with double rooms and bathrooms. The staff are great to work with and the rooms are very clean, beads are comfy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry T

Dear Jerry T

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are thrilled to be considered the best place to stay in Anaheim! Just to clarify, we are called the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate simply because we are the closest Residence Inn Property to the main gate of Disneyland. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back the next to you visit Anaheim!

Reviewed 23 January 2014

We are a couple traveling with no children. We are 45&55 years old.

We stayed here Dec 4-8 2013. First i am surprised it only got a 3 on the rating scale.

Overall, the rooms are a bit "old school", reminded me of the Poconos chalet feel. It isn't the newest furniture or marble counters so maybe that is why. It was CLEAN! It was BIG. We have the loft room.
Pro: free ample parking and the shuttle to DL comes every 15minutes and is very cheap. The beds were very comphy so they must have replaced mattresses which is a huge deal. This room had a full kitchen with all amenities. They also offer free buffet breakfast included in your stay (families know how much this simple thing saves vs. eating out) The condo had to full baths, pleanty of closet and counter space. We loved having a nice sitting area and i believe the couch pulls out, although the couches are due for an upgrade. The grounds were nice, with sidewalks and we watched the fireworks from our room nightly. Heat and air worked great and was quiet. Pool looked lovely, but it was a cold snap so we didnt use it. I did use the wonderful laundry located outside the pool area and the machines were ample and $1.50 per load i believe.
Con: Our room had super thin walls, so although you do get some privacy with a loft and a bedroom with glass doors--you can hear everything.

It also has a safe, iron, sewing kit, blow dryer, flat screen TVs extra bedding.

On a personal note, i want to thank the front desk staff and management who were wonderful in putting up with a pin trading gathering i hosted, which turned out much bigger than expected. I hope we cleaned up ok.

I'd stay here over and over, and if you like to walk the entrance to DL is about 1mile away and you can walk it safely on side walks as well as cheescake factory and a slew of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank dawn5851
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Thank you for your review Dear dawn5851!

I am delighted to hear that your pin trading gathering went well, and that we were able to provide ample space for your event. We were worried about the rain getting in the way a little bit!

We appreciate all of the wonderful comments you reviewed about our hotel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and your room provided plenty of space for you and your husband.

We are one of the very few hotels in the Anaheim Resort Area that offer complimentary parking- one of our greatest amenities! Our complimentary breakfast, social hour, grocery service, wireless internet and the fully equipped kitchens in all of our suites add great value to our guest’s experience as well.

Thank you again for your wonderful review. I hope to have the pleasure of serving you during your next visit to Anaheim!

Reviewed 21 January 2014

I am a picky traveller, I like cleanliness and I check for it during my stay. I was pleasantly surprised with the cleanliness of this location, the caring staff, the spacious rooms and the selection of included meals. This location saves expenses as it is a bit dated in style, but they make up for it in cleaning and upkeep. We had a problem with our door lock that was fixed immediately. The photos on the website make the queen and sofa-bed rooms look tiny, but they are large with ours having three closets and several spots for our clothes, so we could empty our suitcases completely and hang up our clothes (4 people). The kitchen was fully equipped and the grocery service makes the stay worth while, having fresh fruit and veggies, milk and snacks readily available was amazing. The buffet breakfast was better than I expected, with lots of selection for food and beverage, plus fresh sliced fruits which were great. We travelled with JN in a group of 15 and we all enjoyed the property for different reasons.

The grounds are fantastic for the kids, as there are grassy areas in between the units and a playground. The ART bus literally picks you up right in the property. The only noises we heard were the fireworks (which drew us out of our room to a spectacular view of them) and the odd fire engine. We slept well here, ate well here, and I have no complaints.

If you are looking for an upscale hotel, this is not for you. If you are looking for clean, good value, cost savings with a family and a great family time, stay here. Pool, playground, transit, helpful staff, included breakfast and managers dinner, and did I mention helpful staff??

ART passes can be purchased in the lobby through the Disney rep, as well as Disney passes etc. Front desk staff went out of their way to help us with directions and enquiries. Thank-you, you made us want to come back.

Room Tip: Lower number buildings seemed to be a bit more away from the noisier roadways and great for stepping...
2  Thank jingleP

Dear jingle,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of our hotel! It is always great to hear about our guest’s experiences, and what they loved most about their stay with us.

We are particularly excited for our upcoming renovation, and appreciate the patience coming from guests such as yourself. We understand that we must work hard to make up for our aging property by excelling in customer service, cleanliness and upkeep. I am pleased to hear that that we succeeded in exceeding these expectations for you.

It is great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with many aspects of your stay, and we look forward to continue to pleasantly surprise you in your future stays with us!

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were a large family group renting four rooms. Our ages ranged from 9 months old to 70 years and there were 15 of us staying for 6 nights. We found our stay here to be exceptional value for the dollar. In particular it should be noted the dining room manager worked very hard to make the breakfasts different every day (with the staples still present) and we really enjoyed the 2 dinners provided. We have stayed in higher end locations in previous years, but were THRILLED with our stay here and would recommend it to anyone looking for excellent dollar value, a clean room and really great customer service. The front desk staff were fantastic, and the grocery service really helpful for a family with lots of kids and the rooms tasteful. Our infant daughter got sick while we were there, and the management were genuinely concerned and very helpful, with management checking in several times that she was feeling better. At the end of long days at disneyland, I wanted a comfortable bed, a quiet room and my own space, this hotel provided it. If we can one day return, we will return to this hotel, and will recommend it to anyone who asks. The ART pick up literally 40 steps from my front door was also really lovely, but the older kids all chose to walk to Disney as it was so close. Great value, great location, clean and comfortable with a fully stocked kitchen, free grocery shopping and a little in hotel store that had all the essentials I had forgotten -- REALLY great stay. Thanks especially to Vanessa Sah for all she did to make the trip memorable.

1  Thank J N
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Dear J N,

Thank you for such an excellent review! I am glad you found our hotel to be of great value, and that all 15 of your family members were able to take part in some of our wonderful hotel amenities.

It is such a pleasure to hear that our staff delivered excellent customer service for you and your family. As you mentioned, our Kitchen Manager, Lucy, works very hard to make sure that there is a variety of breakfast options each day. Vanessa is also a great asset to our team, and we are fortunate to have her. I will be sure to let our staff know that our passion to serve our guests helped make your family’s trip to Anaheim a memorable one.

Thank you again for your review and your recommendation of our hotel. We are thrilled to be your home away from home any time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area!

Reviewed 17 January 2014

This property is old, noisy and smells bad, but the rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, close to Disney parks and includes a free breakfast (which is great considering the price and available choices of food in the parks). I wouldn't recommend it for a romantic stay or if you want luxury, but really if you're just looking for a place to crash after visiting the parks, this place is fine. 15 minute walk to the park entrance, fireworks visible from the front garden, and the front desk staff were a credit to the establishment.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear Stormie C,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is incredibly great to hear that our front desk staff provided you with service worth noting as a credit to our establishment. I will make sure to make our team aware that there spirit to serve is appreciated by guests such as yourself. .

The Marriott brand offers a wide variety of hotels for the different types of travelers. As you mentioned, our hotel caters more towards families, while the full service Marriott near the Anaheim Convention Center for example, will cater more towards guests looking for luxury amenities.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I hope you allow us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the Residence Inn on a last minute trip to Disneyland. We usually stay at Embassy Suites, but wanted to try something closer to Disneyland this time. We weren't disappointed. The check-in was quick. The room was a bit dated. The living room is a bit small, but the room comes with a kitchen so that made up for it. The pool is heated to a very comfortable temperature so swimming was fun for all. There is a small baby pool for the younger ones. There is also a basketball court right next to the pool for the older kids to enjoy. We walked to the Cheesecake factory in 10 minutes or less because the hotel is right across from Garden Walk. It takes about 20 minutes to walk to the main entrance at Disneyland. My only complaint is the breakfast buffet. The eggs are horrible. If you want a hot, delicious breafast eat elsewhere.

Dear cdswim,

Thank you for your honest review of our hoel. It is great to hear that you enjoyed some of the amenities our hotel has to offer, such as the kitchen in your suite, our 24 hour heated pool and the sport court. As you mentioned, we are also in close proximity to many great dining options including the restaurant strip at the Anaheim GardenWalk.

As you noted, our hotel is beginning to show its age, which is why we as the hotel management and staff, are just as excited to see our renovation as our guests are. We appreciate your patience as we await all final details.

Thank you again for your review, and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you the next time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area.