“Families- check this out vs. on property hotels!”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #45 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a great alternative to the Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel, or Paradise Pier hotels. You get to ditch the car and just walk. And you get much more room at a much lower price. A full 1 or even 2 BR apartment with full kitchen, and an easy walk to the park gate.

We stay at a lot of Residence Inns. Admittedly this one is a bit dated- not updated like 95% of their properties. But, it still works.

If your main priority is proximity to the parks, and you don't want to spend the extra $$$$$$ for the Dismey hotels, this is worth strongly considering.

Room Tip: Choose room away from pool
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank James M
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Jpm,

Thank you for your review and recommendation of our hotel! As you mentioned, our proximity to the Disneyland Parks and nearby restaurants, along with our room layouts and amenities make our hotel an excellent choice for families. Our renovation is due to take place this year which will give all of our guest rooms a fresh look. I am glad that you and your family had an enjoyable stay at our hotel. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Disneyland!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is by far my favorite Residence Inn AND my favorite hotel in the Anaheim area, especially close to Disneyland.
The Residence Inn concept is all-suite, and I particularly like the detached-housing style. It makes me feel like I'm more at home in an apartment with neighbors rather than in a large hotel with other guests. The suites are spacious, especially the Penthouse ones, and provide everything a family could possible need to feel comfortable on a vacation.
The pool and spa area is open late and early, which is refreshing in the Anaheim summer. The free parking, free breakfast, and additional amenities like laundry and the evening social add to the value. The walk to Disneyland is an easy 15 or so minutes.
Families: it's a bit pricey, but well worth the extra space.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank sudobuntu

Thank you Sudobuntu for your wonderful review, and for being one of our loyal guests!

You hit the nail on the head when describing the layout of our hotel. As you mentioned, our hotel is condo-style with direct access to the outdoors. That along with the full kitchens in every room gives guests the feeling of being right at home. I’m glad that you take advantage of some of our hotel amenities such as our 24 hour pool and hot tub, complimentary breakfast, and evening social hours while you are here as well.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back home the next time you visit Anaheim!

Reviewed 25 February 2014

This is our first time in this hotel and we are very impressed! We are a family of four with two small children so having a fu kitchen was very helpful and saved us a lot of money. The room was clean, service was great and breakfast was awesome! One thing I wasn't so happy with was because we are in the first level, I could hear a lot of footsteps. Since I'm a light sleeper, it would wake up either early in the morning or late at night. However, it didn't bother the rest of my family. I think it was just a couple nights when there were a bunch of kids who seemed to be stomping instead of walking. The convenience of the bus that goes to Disneyland every 20 minutes was great. We are definitely coming back next year.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Bpeller

Greetings Bpeller,

Thank you for your excellent review! I am pleased that you and your family enjoyed a pleasant stay at our hotel, and were able to take part in some of our wonderful hotel amenities such as the full kitchens in your room, and the complimentary breakfast buffet.

I am delighted to hear that we landed a great impression with you, as you visited our hotel for the first time. I hope you allow us to become your new home away from home any time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area.

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Aside form being a super populated Hotel in a small area..the rooms are quite and reasonably stocked! We had to ask for this and that for the kitchen, they were super about it..
I have been here twice. The first room we had needed alot of TLC. Dishwasher leaked and did not clean dishes...the bathroom had a leak that they could not find. The carpet was old and torn. They have a full time maintenance crew that is 'johnny on the spot' with any issue. We got to know one of them quite well due to odd issues that kept arising in a weeks time.....The front desk was responsive and wonderful. But the 2nd time I was there it was a whole other scene. The room was updated, crisp and well cared for. I am guessing they are slowly updating the rooms - and there are alot of them. The breakfast buffet was out of control. Being a kid friendly hotel the buffet was well abused and not very attractive by the time we got there...we cooked in the room for the duration. All in all, We will stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Dear feather2001,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that the issues you encountered were proficiently taken care of for you by our staff.

It is very important to us that all of our guests have an enjoyable stay, and I am glad that we were successful in providing that for you. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit the Anaheim Resort Area!

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Residence Inn Disneyland Main Gate. It is located in a park-like setting not a typical hotel. The breakfast was excellent with a wide variety of food choices. Our accommodations were ideal for our family. The staff helped us with any request or question we had. It is about a 10 minute walk to Disneyland.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Blessings4me
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Dear Blessings4me,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As you mentioned, with our hotel being condo-style, our guests are able to enjoy our wonderful hotel amenities, while still having the comfort of feeling right at home! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you visit Anaheim!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I am a Travel Agent in Australia and stayed at this hotel in September of last year. I cannot fault this hotel, the grounds/pool/tennis court are all lovely and well kept. It is within walking distance to Disneyland, but if you don't want to walk, it has an ART bus stop on site. It is also a couple of minutes walk to the Anaheim Garden Walk, which has many great restaurants, incluing our favorites PF Changs and The Cheesecake Factory. The staff were wonderful, I would like to particularly like to thank Vanssa, she was a pleasure to deal with on both of our stays, and could not do enough to help us. The hotel has a little convenience store, plus a Disney desk, a free breakfast, and a great BBQ area which is great, particularly for us Australian Travellers (we love our BBQ's) We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and on the second visit, a one bedroom loft apartment, both had full kitchens. Furniture perhaps a tiny bit dated (otherwise I would give FIVE stars) but the best thing was it was CLEAN and tidy. Being a fussy Travel Agent, I am very fussy, and was not dissappointed in this hotel. It has a family village resort type atmosphere and I would receommend it to any one, particularly families. I cannot wait to return. Thanks Residence Inn for a great stay x 2!

Room Tip: The resort is very spread out, so I think all rooms would be good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Tania F
Rachel S, Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

Dear Tania F,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, and share your experiences. It is an honor to hear that as a travel agent, you approve of our hotel, and would recommend us to your clients!

I’m glad that our staff was wonderful to you, and that Vanessa was able exceed your expectations during both of your stays with us. Our staff works extremely hard to make sure our property is well-maintained and clean. It is great to hear that our hard work is valued by guests such as yourself.

Thank you again for your review of our hotel, and I hope to welcome you back home soon!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is by far the best place to stay at when your in Anaheim. The name tends to fool a bit as its not located anywhere near the main gate to Disneyland. I haven't stayed here during the off season but during the summer season there morning breakfast is the best. Every thing you can think of. I've stayed here a couple of times when bringing the whole family, the hotel upgraded our room from a mini suite, to a mini suite with double rooms and bathrooms. The staff are great to work with and the rooms are very clean, beads are comfy.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jerry T

Dear Jerry T

Thank you for your excellent review of our hotel. We are thrilled to be considered the best place to stay in Anaheim! Just to clarify, we are called the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate simply because we are the closest Residence Inn Property to the main gate of Disneyland. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I look forward to welcoming you back the next to you visit Anaheim!