“Typical Low-Rise Residence Inn Near (but not at) Disneyland”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #44 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed two nights in an upstairs studio on a family visit to Disneyland. The room was spacious: queen bed, sofa bed, full kitchen with appliances, 3 closets, nice vanity/dressing area with spacious countertop and full-length mirror and small bath with tub/shower and toilet. Suite was clean and very good condition (a few minor scratches on the closet door paint, but nothing of consequence). A/C worked great and was relatively quiet. Our suite was upstairs and near the middle of the complex, a location I recommend since Clementine St can have fire sirens and the back parking lot abuts a Motel 6 parking lot where someone was blasting Hip-Hop music from their car.

Most of the guests are families and lots of kids. I was happy that during my stay all the kids were well behaved. Front desk staff was friendly and helpful. "Disney desk" on-site buy park tickets and answer questions. Breakfast buffet was plentiful with something for everyone (except maybe gluten-free vegans). It had scrambled eggs, potatoes, breakfast meats (ham one day, bacon the next), pancakes, waffles, hot oatmeal, granola, cold cereals, bread, bagels, mini-muffins, yogurt (including plain (white) and mystery-fruit (pink), fresh fruit (oranges, bananas and melons), juice, coffee, teas, a variety of syrups, and spreads (peanut butter, cream cheese, jelly, etc.) Breakfast also included a regional specialty item, one day it was biscuits and gravy and the second day beans and tortillas.

It's about a 1/2 mile (10 minute) flat walk to Disneyland or $5/day for the shuttle (which drives through the hotel's parking lot).

Room Tip: If you want quiet go for upstairs and near the center of the complex to avoid street noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sdtravelertoo
Brooke M, Guest Service Specialist at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear sdtravelertoo,

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay. I am glad that you found our staff to be both friendly and helpful. Just as you mentioned, we do have an on-site Disney desk where guests can buy park tickets without the hassle of long lines and can also receive helpful information about the parks.

It is great to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary hot buffet breakfast. We do have great options for everyone, including those with a gluten-free diet. Fruit, yogurt, eggs, bacon, and pork sausage are gluten-free items that we have on a regular basis. Upon request (at least one day in advance) we can also provide gluten-free muffins, cereal, waffles, and white bread for our guests during breakfast.

As you stated, it is about a 10 to 15 minute walk to the Disneyland parks from our property, or for those who prefer to take the ART shuttle, can do so at $5 per day for adults and $2 for children. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, I hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future!

Brooke Miller
Guest Service Specialist
brooke.snaah@gmail.com

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stayed at this hotel from 6/20/2014-6/24/2014 went to Knottsberry Farm And Disneyland. Stay was great! We stayed in the two bedroom suite(5ppl in my family). When we first arrived check in was smooth and fast. Got to our rm one of the toilets was stopped up and maintence came and fixed it within 10 minutes!. Fam and i walked to Disneyland was honestly a 10 minute walk. Also you can't beat a free breakfast as well. Family and i would stay again at this Residence Inn!

2  Thank raheem a

Dear raheem a,

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are located about ½ a mile from Disneyland, which, as you stated, takes most guest 10 to 15 minutes to walk to the main gate. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast as well. We look forward to serving your family in the future!

Brooke Miller
Guest Service Specialist
brooke.snaah@gmail.com

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This will be our first time staying at a Residence Inn and looking at the reviews I couldn't be more thrilled. Of course there are some (very few) negative comments such as the walk being 10 minutes...c'mon now.....to Disneyland and needing renovations I am confident in finding our stay satisfactory. I have had friends stay here and they loved it. A 10 minute walk is nothing. I have been looking at the sights in the surrounding area and it looks very entertaining. My wife and I will be staying here September 13 - 17 for my 30th birthday and I am very much looking forward to it. Good job to the managers and staff for doing there part and making the place as nice and accommodating as everyone says. :-) See you soon

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DisneyDad2014
Rachel S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2014

Dear DisneyDad2014,

We are thrilled to see your comment! Thank you for taking the time to write a review even before arriving at our hotel. As you mentioned, we are about 10 – 15 minutes walking distance from Disney and guests have the option to ride the shuttle service provided by the city of Anaheim. With just a small fee, the shuttle is available at your service throughout the day.
We are ecstatic to hear that you will be celebrating your 30th birthday while staying here with us. Please give us a call to let us know if there is anything we can do to better prepare for your stay. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you and your family in September!

Reviewed 3 July 2014

My family and I stayed here during our trip to Disneyland. It's a great way to get some extra space and a little more privacy than a normal hotel room, especially with our three little ones. The Disneyland park is within walking distance, but we opted for the shuttle as we have a two-year-old and three-year-old twins and with all the walking the Disneyland entails, we didn't want to wear them out any more! The shuttle was $5/day for adults and $3/day for kids 3+ and came every 20 minutes.

Pick a room on the top floor--the people above is were pretty loud and it made for a not-as-restful as possible sleep.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor -- each building is separate and only has two floors. We were on the...
3  Thank Jenna R

Dear Jenna R,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear that the extra space in our suites was a good fit for your family. I am glad that you found great use out of the ART shuttle service to Disneyland. As you mentioned, it is a great alternative for those not wanting to walk to the park. Thank you again for your review, I look forward to the opportunity to serve your family again the next time your travels bring you to Anaheim.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

My family recently spent 5 nights in the penthouse suite at the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate and I would like to share our experience at the hotel.
The good:
1. Free breakfast buffet – good food and convenient for a family with kids to grab something to eat before heading to the theme parks.
2. Nice pool – our kids enjoyed the most.
3. Close to Disneyland

The bad:
1. Too much air freshener - We were exhausted after driving for 8 hours and just wanted to relax at the hotel. Upon entering the suite, there was an overpowering smell of air freshener. We had to lower the temperature and turned on the ceiling fan per the recommendation of the Hotel Front Desk. However, the strong smell still took a couple of days to dissipate. Needless to say, we weren’t relaxed at all the first night.
2. Squeaking doors - the double doors to the bedroom were squeaking and took a couple of calls for Maintaince to apply a little bit of WD40.
3. Things weren’t refilled properly – shampoo and conditioner weren’t refilled after the first night and so were some towels.
4. Shortage of pool towels – we went to the pool 3 out of the 5 nights and only 1 night we were able to find some pool towels.
5. Broken hair dryer – the hair dryer stopped working the 2nd night and needed to be replaced.

The worse:
1. Imaging getting up in the middle of the night to use the toilet, only to find out that there wasn’t a spare roll of toilet tissue after the current one ran out…

4  Thank Amanda Y
Rachel S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Amanda Y

I would like to thank you for your detailed review of our property. I am glad that you and your family enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, our pool, and our close proximity to Disneyland. I am sorry to hear that you encountered the issues you stated. I will make sure to communicate with our Rooms Divisions Manager regarding the use of air fresheners in the rooms so we can ensure the staff members are using the proper amount. I would also like to apologize for the towels and other toiletries not being promptly refilled in your room as well as the towels at the pool. It is unfortunate to hear that it took several calls to the front desk for engineering to attend to the squeaky doors in the room. I will make sure that we bring these issues to the attention of the supervisors for each department. I can see that these issues must have been a major inconvenience during your stay with us. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I hope that you give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future. If you have any other questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed at this Residence in for a month (from april 1st to april 30st) and I liked it so much.

Great value, great location and great staff, that always helps when necessary. Breakfast is OK and the room is very comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms without parking view are quieter
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear dudusamp,

Thank you kindly for your review of our hotel! We were glad to be your home for the month of April, and I am glad to hear that you were pleased with your stay. We are happy to welcome you back any time you return to Anaheim!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The hotel is nice. We walked to Disney from there. The pool wasn't good as it was too small and crowded. There was a complementary breakfast that I really liked. I had cereal and fruit which was a break from eggs. They had eggs too. There was a self serve laundry which was good.

Room Tip: We had a suite with a sofa bed and a kitchen.

Dear feenst128,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast, and self-service laundry facility. I am sorry to hear about the crowd you experienced at the pool. One amenity that our hotel offers is 24 hour usage of our pool and hot tub so that guests are free to use it any time they please. Thank you again for your review. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.