I wished we could have stayed another week! We were very pleased with our stay at this location and in SoCal.
When we arrived, the front desk attendant spent time with my wife to help us select the best room location, knowing that we were going to be there for 7 nights. We sprung for the two bedroom/two-bathroom room and were pleasantly surprised to find it included a patio. Very nice.
The beds were comfortable.
The kitchen was nice and had everything we needed to make some simple meals and prepare sandwiches for beach days.
It is close to Disneyland and was a 20 minute walk - probably about a mile from the hotel complex to the actual entrance of the Disneyland Park.
The pool area is a decent size and is open 24 hours, although it seems that they stop supplying towels at about 10 p.m. Disneyland has fireworks at 9:25 each night and we were actually able to see the top of the show from the pool.
The breakfast can be crowded but we were mostly pleased with the selection and how often the items were replenished. Scrambled eggs and sausage or ham were always available, along with do-it-yourself waffle irons. There was always some kind of potato, although the style changed. Also, there were sometimes pancakes, eggs Benedict (just once), french toast, biscuits and gravy and beans/tortillas. They usually had fresh fruit like oranges, bananas, pineapple or melon. It was a nice selection and I think I am going through scrambled egg with salsa withdrawal as I write this...
There is a Disney desk on-site so we were able to buy our tickets without having to stand in line - very key!
Our only real complaint was the housekeeping service. On 3 different days, we returned back to the room after being gone for the day and the room had not been cleaned. At least they would leave us some extra towels and clean the kitchen while we sat on the patio.
Overall, this hotel is highly recommended for its amenities and convenience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, complimentary parking, wireless internet, business center usage, and more. Our guests have access to purchasing Disneyland park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills available for guest use. Pet Friendly ($100 non refundable pet fee for up to 2 pets per room). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate California