“Great Hotel / Great Location”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #31 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
New York City, New York
“Great Hotel / Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed there with the family for the purposes of visiting Disneyland. Disneyland was about 1/2 mile away. We walked there and it took about 10 minutes. Hotel was clean and very comfortable. Close to restaurants and some shopping as well. If you have a rental car just leave it at the hotel and either walk or pay for the $5 pp shuttle to Disneyland. Don't drive to Disneyland cause you still have to take a shuttle from the parking lot to the Park which is about two/three blocks away. In my opinion it was faster to walk. Hotel offers free hot buffet every morning and the pool is open 24hours a day. I would definitely go back if I every go to Disneyland again. One additional point, my 19 year old daughter said that the sofabed wasn't comfortable at all to sleep on. Maybe better mattresses would help.

Room Tip: If you have lots of luggage you might want to request a first floor room. There are no elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Brooke M, Guest Service Specialist at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear 42Will,

Thank you so much for your review and helpful tips for guests. As you stated, the city of Anaheim does offer a shuttle, which costs $5 per day for adults and $2 for children or seniors. I am sorry to hear that the sofa bed was not comfortable for your daughter. We do offer mattress pads upon request to make the bed more comfortable. Thank you again for your review, it would be wonderful to serve you again if you decide to visit Disneyland in the future.

brooke.snaah@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
Richardson, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose this particular hotel because we wanted to have 6 people in one room, as well as a kitchen area. The photos showed a basically decent hotel that needed renovation, but should meet our criteria. The hotel is set up similar to an apartment complex, but less parking convenience. Fortunately they have roller carts in the lobby to unpack your car and take your things to your room. First let me say that the front desk staff was exceptionally nice and helpful. We also bought our tickets from the Disney desk which was very easy. Our room was at the far reaches of the complex, but was a nice location in that you could see the fireworks easily at Disneyland. The grounds are very pleasant and well-landscaped. Inside the room, ours had a living room area, kitchen area, and "bedroom" with the bathroom. The counter area for the bathroom was sufficient, but I think when they remodel they should consider putting a door up between the bedroom and counter area, no one can sleep while someone is at the bathroom counter. The part that does have a door is a tub/shower area and toilet, and is so small that you have to maneuver around in to get the door closed. There is one small towel rack to hang towels, so if you are trying to be efficient as they ask, there is no place to hang and dry your towel. We had 6 in the room, and should have requested enough towels, it was set up for 4. The furniture unfortunately is rather disgusting, there were visible stains on the sofa. The sofa bed was absolutely appalling, in that the springs were loud and loose, and the mattress also had springs in it with literally about an inch of padding. This sofa bed was a terrible alternative for the extra people in our room. In trying to be fair in the next part of this review, I am sure it is difficult to maintain an entire kitchen that people come and go through all the time. However, we should NOT have seen a dead cockroach on the floor. The silverware in the drawer was actually dirty, and there was no reason to want to cook any food, let alone lay it out and prepare simple food. They also serve a free breakfast at the hotel. This hotel is obviously very busy, as it was hard to find seating, but the food on the two mornings we were there was undercooked and not very appetizing. Overall, this room was spacious and well-located for our purposes, but I would not stay there again.

2 Thank TinaL38
Rachel S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear TinaL38,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad you were pleased with the service of the front desk staff, and that the Disney desk proved to be of convenience for you. Unfortunately, we did not meet your- or our own standards with the rooms. Please accept our sincerest apologies. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly so that I may receive the full details of your stay to ensure any necessary issues are resolved.

Merced, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

After reading all the reviews, I was expecting to in a very nice, clean place; however, our room was dirty and outdated. The location was great, very close to Disneyland, easy walk. I would not return to this Inn, not worth the Money.

2 Thank Barbara G
Rachel S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear Barbara G,

Please accept our sincerest apologies for what you experienced during your most recent stay.
I would love to hear back from you to discuss the full details of the room you stayed in so that we may fix any necessary issues. You can contact me directly at rachel.smith@interstatehotels.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

We were very pleased with our stay here, and it met our expectations. After a long day at a Disney park, it was lovely to come back to our outside entrance to our suite, see the grass and trees, and visit the pool (open 24 hours - a real bonus). We also used the laundry facility which was very handy. The breakfast each morning was great, with lots of food options. It was busy, but still easy to get food and find a table. I loved that we all had a big breakfast before starting our day and it was one less thing to think about. The rooms were spacious and kept clean, and not a dated as other reviews made it out to be. The beds were comfortable, and enough room for us all (2 kids, 2 adults and one teen). The parking was nice and close, and this was great for our luggage (glad we were on the ground floor) and after a long day out (ie Universal). The hotel was easily walkable to Disney, about 12 minutes to the property, 15 or so to security check. It seemed funny that folks would take the ART tram and then walk miles in the park all day. We went back several times for a break and a swim and walked it each time. The staff were helpful on site, and the cleaning service was good too. Our departure times varied, and housekeeping courteously checked in with us on timing. I would absolutely recommend this property for families. It has everything you need, and more. We even had take out dinner by the pool one night (a few round tables). and I loved that there were lots of lounge chairs surrounding the pool. I also loved that trees and shrubs surrounded the gated pool as many Anaheim hotels are a square stuck in amongst concrete walls. It was relaxing to see the green space after a long day at the parks. This hotel is right next to the Anaheim Garden Walk, with restaurants. We only had Cheesecake Factory take out one night, and didn't go there, but this is good if you want other dining options close by.

Room Tip: I enjoyed having a ground floor suite as it was cool, and easily accessible. After a long day walki...
2 Thank Joanna N
Dear Joanna N,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our hotel. I am very pleased to hear about your experiences, and even more so, that we met your expectations! The condo-style layout of our hotel gives guests direct access to the outdoors, which, as you mentioned, allows you to enjoy the beautiful landscaping, and feel just as if you were at home.

Thank you again for your lovely review, and I look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Porterville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The staff and service here are second to none, and proved it again on my last visit. We were stopping in for a quick stay after being in San Diego, and about 2 minutes before we pulled in my son vomited in his car seat. It was too early to check in, but the front desk told me I could pull around to the back and clean my car by their maintenance area. While I was hosing things off, a staff member came out and offered to help and brought me some rags. Then another staff member came out and told me that had just finished cleaning a room and would let me check in early to clean up my son. After being away from home for a week every bit of help and service is priceless. I was able to check in, clean up my vehicle and son within 30 minutes, with help and concern from staff as if they were family. So grateful.

On top of that, the hotel is great as always. Room was clean and large, and this one even had a small balcony. They have a shuttle that goes to Disneyland, but it's not far, and we always walk so we don't have to collapse the stroller. It's not a far walk, and is even well lit at night if you walk back to the property. Many Disneyland employees walk the same way to a parking area at night.

Breakfast is better than most. Just remember: there are a lot of families that are going to take advantage of the complimentary breakfast. It will be busy. But the staff does a good job of restocking food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris P
Brooke M, Guest Service Specialist at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Dear djsumo,

Thank you for your excellent review of our property. I am sorry to hear that your son was sick, I hope that he is feeling better now! I am glad to hear that we were able to help you clean up and check-in to your room early. We strive to deliver outstanding customer service to all of our guests, I am happy that we were successful in meeting our goal with you.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us once again, we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Sacramento
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed in a bi-level, 2 bath, 2 bedroom penthouse suite for 4 nights. This is a nice set up if you are ok with the open air loft style bedroom for the kind sized bed. The two queens are in a room with their own bathroom with bi-fold doors. To access a restroom without going in to the downstairs bedroom you have to go upstairs. The ice maker was a bonus. The breakfast included is nice. Get there early to make sure there is enough. The 24 hour pool is really nice after a long day at disneyland with the spa. The quiet hours of the pool are not enforced. There were about 6-8 children at 11PM screaming and running around from the pool to the spa back and forth. Some patrons looked irritated about the noise.

All in all, I would consider staying here again. The shuttle service was great. It is close enough to walk, but the shuttle is worth the small expense.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank jam8x2
Dear jam8x2,

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that there was excessive noise at the pool after quiet hours. Our quiet hours are from 9 pm to 9 am every day. Once we receive notice of any disturbance one of our staff members will personally walk over to make sure that all of the guests are abiding by hotel policy.

I am glad that you found the ART shuttle, run by the city of Anaheim, to be convenient for your family. Thank you once again for your review; we hope to serve you again in the future.

La Grange, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I wished we could have stayed another week! We were very pleased with our stay at this location and in SoCal.

When we arrived, the front desk attendant spent time with my wife to help us select the best room location, knowing that we were going to be there for 7 nights. We sprung for the two bedroom/two-bathroom room and were pleasantly surprised to find it included a patio. Very nice.

The beds were comfortable.

The kitchen was nice and had everything we needed to make some simple meals and prepare sandwiches for beach days.

It is close to Disneyland and was a 20 minute walk - probably about a mile from the hotel complex to the actual entrance of the Disneyland Park.

The pool area is a decent size and is open 24 hours, although it seems that they stop supplying towels at about 10 p.m. Disneyland has fireworks at 9:25 each night and we were actually able to see the top of the show from the pool.

The breakfast can be crowded but we were mostly pleased with the selection and how often the items were replenished. Scrambled eggs and sausage or ham were always available, along with do-it-yourself waffle irons. There was always some kind of potato, although the style changed. Also, there were sometimes pancakes, eggs Benedict (just once), french toast, biscuits and gravy and beans/tortillas. They usually had fresh fruit like oranges, bananas, pineapple or melon. It was a nice selection and I think I am going through scrambled egg with salsa withdrawal as I write this...

There is a Disney desk on-site so we were able to buy our tickets without having to stand in line - very key!

Our only real complaint was the housekeeping service. On 3 different days, we returned back to the room after being gone for the day and the room had not been cleaned. At least they would leave us some extra towels and clean the kitchen while we sat on the patio.

Overall, this hotel is highly recommended for its amenities and convenience.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms that face Clementine Street due to the fire station across the street and the sometimes...
5 Thank demandtheimpossible
Rachel S, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Dear demandtheimpossible,

I am glad you enjoyed your trip to Southern California! Thank you for sharing the experiences you had during your visit. As you mentioned, our complimentary breakfast has a variety of options for all kinds of appetites. Scrambled eggs with salsa is one of my personal favorites as well!

Thank you again for your review of our hotel and I look forward to seeing you again in the near future!