My family and I (husband, 15 month old and 5 year old) stayed here for 4 nights while on vacation. Overall, the place was exactly what we were looking for but there were a few hiccups on the first day. Once we went to bed Sunday, things were great.
The good news - staff was patient, helpful and pretty quick to respond to concerns, heated pool (with baby pool), large rooms on 2nd floor with full kitchen, on-site pay laundry, nice free breakfast, free parking, free wifi, 15 minute walk to Disney turnstiles, short walk and drive to eating and shopping, Disney tickets could be purchased in lobby
The bad news - We checked in around 4:30 on a Sunday and unloaded our belongings. Moved a chair to put pack and play in living room and found large crumbs under chair. We called and they sent someone up very quickly to vacuum - I hate calling for things like this, but we had a 15 month old who would try to eat all of these crumbs if they were not removed. It was about 90 degrees outside and the AC in the room was on and we went out to grab a bit to eat and some necessities at the store. By the time we got back to the hotel around 7:00ish, the room was still 83 degrees and not getting cooler. I checked to make sure the AC was on "cool" and not "heat" and decreases the temperature more hoping it would cool down. Unfortunately, it held steady at 83 degrees. I called the front desk and they quickly sent someone to check it and he told me that the AC was set to "heat" and not "cool" and that it should now start working. I was a little upset, because I knew this was not true, but I waited and saw that they temp still did not go down. I went to the front desk and they said they would send someone again to the room and that we could move to another room, but they only had smaller rooms available so we would have to pack up everything (including two children trying to go to sleep) and move to a smaller room. We started packing our things to move to a smaller room and then someone came and checked the AC generator??? and filled it with some fluid and told us that it should be working now. I was a little worried that we would wake up and have no AC again, but we decided to stay in this room and risk it.
Fortunately, the AC worked great for the rest of the time we were there. I was very frustrated by the lack of a functioning AC and with all of the back and forth, I was not able to unpack, do some laundry and get kids to bed at reasonable time like I had hoped that first night. With all of that, I was pleasantly surprised with the patience and help the front desk provided. They also discounted our room for the 4 nights for the trouble. Once I went to bed the first night, the rest of the stay was fantastic.
As frustrating as it was that first night, I was happy with the resolution. I hope to never have that kind of trouble again, but I understand these things happen and with the way they handled it, I would go back again. One lesson I learned though - keep going to front desk until problem is solved because if we did not keep in contact with the front desk, we would not have had AC the entire time we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, complimentary parking, wireless internet, business center usage, and more. Our guests have access to purchasing Disneyland park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills available for guest use. Pet Friendly ($100 non refundable pet fee for up to 2 pets per room). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate California