My family and I enjoyed the added space versus the small hotel rooms at the resort which we have outgrown. My only complaint about the bi-level loft layout is that the person upstairs watching tv does compete with the person in the living room who is also trying to watch tv. My husband and I were constantly yelling back and forth, "Turn it down!"
Aesthetically, the room was dated, but the decor is hardly a top priority for us. Pets are allowed so I'm not sure how clean the place really was under the surface. My daughter complained that the bottom of her feet were itchy so I just made her wear her socks when walking on the carpet. My husband had sinus issues while we were there that magically cleared up by the time we got home so he may have been allergic to something in the carpet.
The daily breakfast was convenient, and the walk to Disneyland took us about 10 minutes. My youngest is 6, so he kept up with his older sisters. The ART shuttle (Anaheim Resort Transit) /Route 7 that takes hotel guests to and from Disneyland was unreliable in the evening between 6:30PM and 7:30PM. My family and I were waiting at the shuttle stop at the park during that time and had the shuttle pass us by on two separate evenings. We were told by a driver from Route 8 that is the time when the driver takes his/her lunch/dinner break. A replacement is supposed to cover the shift, but we found that it did not always work that way. Some hotel guests were furious for having waited an hour. It is supposed to run every 20 minutes, but we experienced every 20 minutes, give or take 5 to 10 minutes, assuming you avoid the time I mentioned above. Also, I recommend you purchase the shuttle pass from the Disney Desk in the lobby because the machine dispenser at the park did not always work.
Overall, the Residence Inn was a great place to stay for our first time outside the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A very unique all suite condo style hotel located 1/2 mile from Disneyland. All suites have fully equipped kitchens & full size pull out sofa sleepers. We offer suites that can accommodate up to 8 people. We offer the following free amenities: breakfast, grocery shopping services, complimentary parking, wireless internet, business center usage, and more. Our guests have access to purchasing Disneyland park tickets through our on property Disney Desk. On property fire pit & BBQ Grills available for guest use. Pet Friendly ($100 non refundable pet fee for up to 2 pets per room). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Marriott and TravelUp so you can book your Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Residence Inn
- Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate California