Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
  • Restaurant
US$120
US$114
US$155
Kings Inn Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$114
Anaheim Marriott(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Restaurant
US$141
US$130
Four Points by Sheraton Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$145
HolidayInn.com
US$485
Orbitz.com
1,417 results
All reviewsfull kitchenthe penthouseloft roomgrocery shopping servicewafflesdisney deskbasketball courtfree breakfastopen hourssofa bedminute walkfree parkingliving areaown bathroomcheesecake factorygarden walkseparate bedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 February 2010

My family (me, wife, 4 year-old daughter) stayed here 2/14/10 - 2/17/10 during our visit to Disney Land (and Lego-Land). We had a great time and a great stay at this hotel. It's about a 15 minute walk to the park or quick $6 cab ride. You can also use the Disney shuttles of course but we never did. I wanted a place that had enough room for us to spread out a bit during the times we were not at the park - having separate sleeping and sitting rooms was ideal with a child. We didn't use the full kitchen much but it was nice to have for the time or 2 we were in our room during meal time and didn't feel like eating out once again.
The "market" by the front desk had enough goodies/basics to get us thru our stay w/o running to a grocery - we just bought some snacks, mac n' cheese, PB&J, etc.
We really enjoyed the free breakfast buffet as well - now it can get crowded and kind of crazy, but there is a good selection of food and drink there. I figure the free breakfast & free parking saved me over $40/day. Throw in the free wifi and it was really a bargain. A good deal of space and the free perks for well under $200/night.
The only complaint we have is that one of the queen beds did sag to the middle and wasn't as comfortable as the other. But we let our daughter sleep in that one and she was too small and tired to feel any difference.
Service was great, rooms were clean. The front desk was helpful - we were allowed to keep our car in their lot all day after we checked out that morning for our last day at Disney. (After our checkout, they also held my leftover beer in one of their fridges so it would be cold for me at our next hotel on our vacation)
There is also a Disney Desk by the hotel front desk.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Dustbow
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2010

Dustbow,
Thank you for sharing your experience! We're so happy to know you enjoyed your time here with us at The Residence Inn Anaheim - Maingate! On behalf of my team, we love to hear that our guests have taken full advantage of all the wonderful amenities available to them during their stay... especially those visiting w/ families. I'd love to suggest utilizing our complimentary grocery shopping services next time around! We hope to see you & your family again very soon for your next stay in Anaheim! Best Wishes!

Reviewed 8 February 2010

We've now stayed in this hotel twice to visit Disneyland and it was great both times. The rooms are very quiet. We never heard any noise at all, and I am a light sleeper. We had a mini-kitchen that was very convenient. The pool was clean and quite warm, and it gets sun all day. The breakfast has improved since 2008, and it includes make your own waffles, pancakes, ham or bacon, scrambled eggs, toast, English muffins, cereal, yogurt, fruit and granola. The staff were very friendly and responsive. The walk to Disney takes about 10 minutes.

The only complaint is that it advertises free wireless internet in the rooms, and we could not get a signal in our room. We had to go to the lobby to use our laptop with internet.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank BeachObsessed73

Dear BeachObsessed73,
We read your review and want to thank you for being a repeat guest! We're so happy to know that you've enjoyed your time here yet again! We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we get. On behalf of my staff, I do apologize for the difficulty you experienced with the wireless internet access in your suite. I'm happy to share that we are currently in the process of upgrading our wireless internet access in all of our buildings and are almost upon completion. Again, thank you for your comments because we are always looking for ways to improve our service. We hope to see you again very soon!

Reviewed 3 February 2010

My wife and I stayed here for four nights with our 10 and 6-year-old girls. We haven't stayed anywhere else near Disneyland, so we have no real basis for comparison, but we were very happy with this hotel. The only dings I could give it would be nit-picking. Nevertheless, in support of the hotel's pursuit of perfection, here goes (with the hi-lites following):

- Wireless internet was free but a little slow. I did some speed tests and got 58kbps the first night. The next morning it was up to 386kbps. Serviceable, but not awesome.
- The kitchen has all the basic equipment, but only a set of four dishes. We cooked in our room at least once per day to save money and also eat more healthfully and found we had to wash dishes a lot more than we'd prefer on vacation.
- The rooms are a wee bit small. I do yoga daily and didn't have much room for the mat.
- There's a stair light in the loft rooms that can't be turned off. For those who need pitch black to sleep you'll have to cover it up somehow and even then you'll never get pitch black because the loft room is open to the rest of the space.
- We didn't get maid service one day. I don't know if this is because we were in the room when they were going by, or if they forgot, or if they only offer the service every other day. I never checked.
- Exercise room consists of two treadmills and an exercise bike. They need a Precor elliptical without swinging arms to be top notch in my book :-}
- The rest of the issues are structural and can't be changed, but for awareness they include the open loft bedroom (I would have preferred an enclosed room for the parents) and light switches in really odd places

But again these are nitpicking and this hotel represents excellent service, accommodation, and value. They try very very hard to please. The high lights include:

- Disney cast member by the desk daily with tickets (including CityPass) and helpful information.
- Pool was nice and warm, great swimming even though it was only 65 degrees outside. They pipe in music all day, but it was an eclectic mix from old-school soul to alternative rock that we liked.
- Full breakfast ranging from bacon and eggs to pre-cooked oatmeal to yogurt to breads. The food was pretty good. It's a bit of a scene, but what are you going to do? We brought along our own muesli and dipped into the breakfast room to supplement with bacon and eggs once in a while (it's a vacation, right?)
- We didn't walk to Disney, using the ART shuttle instead. The ART pickup is right on hotel property and only two other hotels are on that route, so it's a quick trip to/from Disneyland. I would guess the walk is easy for adults, but not great for tired kids, so the ART shuttle is very handy. As a guess I'd say the walk would be about 15 minutes at a leisurely pace.
- Gardenwalk shopping center with many restaurants (and fewer shops) is a 3 minute walk away if you're into that sort of thing.
- You can watch the Disney fireworks from the hotel property (but not from most rooms). For a better view, you can walk over to Gardenwalk and get a clearer view from on high without traffic driving by. This is a good choice if you have young kids because even if you take a break from Disney mid-day, they'll still be cranky by fireworks time. Better in our opinion to leave the park before the fireworks and miss the bus rush.
- the kid's room was well soundproofed and allowed my wife and I to do our morning routine without waking them.

All in all, a great choice for Disney and we were pleased. If we were to do it again, we'd look harder at the on-property hotels. We chose Residence Inn because it has kitchen suites, which I'm pretty sure the Disney hotels don't. It was also quite a bit cheaper if I recall correctly. Have fun!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank zinjan

Dear zinjan,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments! We're delighted to hear that overall you truly enjoyed your stay...I would like to apologize for the issue you experienced with your wireless. I'm happy to share that we are in the middle of upgrading our wireless network and the project is almost upon completion. Unfortunately, this process is affecting the speed & connection in the buildings that are not being worked on. We take all comments seriously and I have shared your feedback with our staff, so we may find ways to resolve any of the issues you've mentioned and improve our service as well. I've even suggested the Precor Elliptical w/out swinging arms:-) ... personal favorite of mine! Thank you again for your wonderful feedback!

Reviewed 1 February 2010

This is a perfectly adequate, reasonably priced place to stay near Disneyland. I could walk to the entrance gate of Disneyland in less than 15 minutes, but with our 5-year-old in tow it was much easier to take the shuttle, which comes by the hotel every 20 minutes. I debated between the Howard Johnson and the Residence Inn, but the Residence Inn was cheaper, all the rooms have a full kitchen (some rooms at HoJo don't even have a microwave), and we found out that by the time the same shuttle goes by HoJo, it is sometimes full so that it can't even pick up passengers there. HoJo is closer to the park, though, and has what looks like a more interesting swimming pool complex, but since we were there in December that was not a major issue.

The customer service and buffet breakfast were nothing to write home about. The staff was responsive enough but not very warm and fuzzy. The buffet was mostly highly processed edible foodlike substances, but hey, there was lots of it! The swimming pool was heated.

The studio suite was plenty big for the 3 of us, though I wish there was more separation between the bed and the living area. The kitchen is minimally outfitted, but boy did it help save on food costs. One night we got takeout from PF Chang's at the nearby mall you can walk to, and the rest of the time we prepared our own meals. There doesn't seem to be a grocery store very close by. I wouldn't recommend the Vons to the south, but there is a nice store with a lot of organic products about 4 miles north on Harbor Blvd., called Henry's Farmers Market.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank ParadoxAndSon
Reviewed 30 January 2010

I love tripadvisor. The room was pretty clean, (my wife found a hair in the bathtub) and the studio suite was perfect for our small family. My 4 year old son slept on the fold out couch and the room was very comfortable. The location was perfect for disney (900 yards away) and the free breakfast was standard american hotel buffet. I would absolutely stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business