“A Wonderful Experience!”

Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate
Ranked #45 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 26 March 2010

It was such a wonderful hotel! I had a great time while there. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I will never forget it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2010

Dear RedRider07,
On behalf of my team... we're honored to have made such an impact and to have been part of a memorable experience fo you! Best wishes!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed 21 March 2010

Service was professional and friendly. The rooms were immaculate! We were at Disneyland for 7 days so the full kitchen was wonderful. We were a party of eight and fit perfectly in their affordable penthouse suite. They also offer complimentary breakfast, grocery service, and coin laundry. So handy! It was a bit of a walk to Disneyland (the AT shuttle is horrendous) but worth it.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

Dear Whealtheow:
Thank you for the great review! It was wonderful to hear that you were able to enjoy a week in one of our spacious Penthouse Suites. We truly are a great fit for those larger families coming to Anaheim on vacation for 3 or more nights! Hopefully your party of 8 was able to enjoy, not only the free breakfasts, but the free Wednesday night BBQ as well! We are ½ mile to Disneyland, however, I would like to state that what’s considered walking distance for some… may not be considered walking distance for others. At the end of a long day at Disneyland, with tired kids and bags full of items you’ve purchased… you might want to consider purchasing ART Shuttle tickets. Rest assured I have shared your review with the ART Shuttle Management as well. Unfortunately, the ART Shuttle is a transportation system that is run through the city Anaheim and not by our hotel individually however I will be sure that any complaints given by our guests will not be ignored. We are always looking for ways to improve our service and that of our partners as well! Take note though, we are the 2nd closest Marriott hotel to Disneyland! Best Wishes and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 March 2010

This hotel was not great. Full Disclosure - I am a bit of a clean freak... I found the room not very clean at all. For example, in all four coners on the floor of the bathroom were bits of dried ramen noodles. Not sure who was cooking ramen noodles in the bathroom but YUCK! There never seemed to be enough towels at the pool area. The breakfast was okay - the almost immediately ran out of fresh fruit though. It has a good location - only about a 10 minute walk to Disney Land. Overall I was disappointed with this hotel. We always stay at Marriots and they are mostly really good but this one definitely came up short.

1  Thank SDMomof3

Dear SDMomof3:
Upon reading your review, on behalf of our hotel, I’m very sorry to hear your experience here with us was one that was not satisfactory. Rest assured, I have shared your review with our staff, including our housekeeping department in regards to the food particles you found on the bathroom floor. Hopefully, you were able to bring this to the immediate attention of our staff during your stay, allowing us the opportunity to resolve the issues you were experiencing right away. We do take comments very seriously and appreciate all the feedback we get. Feedback allows our hotel to improve overall. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience… and if ever you would consider our hotel again you can stay knowing that what you shared did not go unnoticed!

Reviewed 16 March 2010

Since I have an upcoming reservation and have read a few horror stories about incidental charges, I decided to call. I just spoke to Dave, who told me the amount they charge on your card for incidentals when you check in depends on the type of room you reserve and length of stay. In my case, for a studio queen for 2 nights, I was told they will only charge $20/night. If this is a major concern for you, I would call ahead so you know what to expect.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2010

Dear bayarea510,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write an informative review! We’re looking forward to your stay here with us in Anaheim as well! The information you shared regarding “incidental charges” was great! Thank you as this provides me an opportunity to add, in more detail, to what was explained to you on behalf of my hotel specifically:

Our hotel places a PREAUTHORIZATION/ HOLD (ranging from $50-$90 which is based on the length of stay) for incidentals on the credit card of choice provided by the guest upon check-in. This is not an actual “charge”. Upon check-out, if the Guest has not incurred any incidental charges during their stay (telephone/ movies/ food etc.) the PREAUTHORIZATION/ HOLD that was placed on the card provided will then be released that same day of check-out by our hotel. The type of card that is provided by the guest (debit or credit) can affect the time frame of when the hold is released to when those funds are then again available by the bank. For those Guests that applied a “debit” card towards the authorization of their incidentals, please know that it can take anywhere from 3 – 5 days for the bank to release the authorization/ hold from their system. I would like to reiterate that we actually release the authorization/ hold from the hotel’s system as soon as the Guest checks out. There is some delay on the banks behalf. If a Guest applies an actual CREDIT card (not debit card) towards their incidentals the delay time is much shorter, only 24 -48 hours, from the time we release the hold here on property to the time the bank actually releases the funds back into the Guest’s account. As debit cards are often tied to an actual checking accounts & cash funds versus credit on a credit card…this can pose a financial issue until the hold is released.

As always… thank you for allowing me to further explain! Safe travels and we’ll see you soon here in Anaheim!

Reviewed 9 March 2010

If you want to have the comforts of home while visiting Anaheim, this is the place for you! We had a room with a king bed and full bath in the loft, downstairs was a separate room with a twin over full bunk with full bath, and a sofa sleeper in the living area which had a fireplace, too. Our kids are picky eaters so having the kitchen made everyone happy! The staff was very nice, housekeeping was done daily, and the huge buffet breakfast puts other hotel breakfasts to shame. We walked to Disneyland (about 1/2 mile) but there was also a shuttle (Anaheim Resort Transit--minimal cost per person per day) that came by about every 20 minutes with a stop on the hotel property. There's a small playground for young children, large laundry room, tennis/basketball court with equipment available at the front desk, a market on site, heated swimming pool/jacuzzi and in-room internet service which worked great. I can't imagine staying anywhere but the Residence Inn Maingate when visiting Anaheim! Thanks to everyone at the Residence Inn for making us feel like we were at home!

1  Thank Live4More
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2010

Dear LuckyLego,
Upon reading your review we were so excited to hear you had such a great time staying in one of our roomy Kid's Suites! First off, thank you so much for taking the time to share what you and your family experienced while here at the Residence Inn Anaheim - Maingate! Our goal is to have our guests experience just what you experienced...that "home away from home" feeling. Hopefully with your "picky eaters" you were able to take advantage of our free grocery shopping services... if not, be sure to utilize that next time around! Again, thank you for the wonderful review... We look forward to seeing you again and welcoming you "home" the next time you're in town!
Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 5 March 2010

Had a great time at Disneyland. The shuttle picked us up right outside the hotel, which using the free consierge service, we came home to not only free appitizers in the hotel, but they also did shopping for us at the local grocery store with no additonal surcharge. I would highly reccomend them, and gladly stay there again!

Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank doubtfultom
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2010

Dear Doubtfultom,
We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at The Residence Inn Anaheim - Maingate! It was nice to hear that your family was able to enjoy our evening social hour w/ light menu in addition to the FREE grocery shopping service we provide to our guests... It truly can help save our famlies a significant amount of money while on vacation! We hope to see you & your family again on your next visit to Anaheim, CA!!
Thank you for sharing your experience and we wish you all the best!

Reviewed 28 February 2010

When checking into the Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, the desk clerk asked us if we were there for any special occasion. I let her know we were there for my son's 9th birthday. We checked into our very clean and well appointed room, and went over to Disneyland for the evening. When we returned, my son found that the staff had left him a birthday cake. A full sized birthday cake with a card. He was thrilled, and getting this cake was probably one of the high points of his trip. He tells everyone about it.

The breakfast is good, as is the Wednesday evening BBQ, very hearty and can be used as dinner which saves you $$$!

The beds are a bit hard, which was my only gripe.

When I returned from our trip, I realized I had left a sweater hanging in the closet. I called the hotel, they located the sweater and had it at my front door in less than a week. The service at this hotel is very, very, impressive. I will be back, without a doubt. They did a great job!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
MGrayson_DOS, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2010

amybbb73,
We are absolutely thrilled that you had such a great stay! Birthdays are a big deal around here and we're so happy you chose us to be a part of your celebration...we are looking forward to your next visit with us!
"Suite" Regards,