“Perfect”

Peacock Suites
Ranked #51 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I am currently saying at the hotel. I don't usually write reviews but I always read them when deciding on where to stay. Due to travelling a lot I am a hotel snob and have extremely high standards, mostly when it comes cleanliness. The hotel is newly renovated, modern and most importantly very clean. Staff all seem very friendly, valet service is quick and efficient and breakfast is a high standard continental. Overall I'd rate this hotel 4 stars, perfect for families.

Stayed: February 2014
4  Thank UK-HighStandards
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to put your thoughts about your stay at the Peacock Suites into writing! We appreciate your time and feedback and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Thank you again for your thoughts and we look forward to having you come and stay wth us again in the future!

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit for work, but this trip was for some quality one on one time with my son. Travelling alone with a toddler is never easy, but the Peacock Suites staff was incredible! From the moment I arrive, all of the staff was offering helping hands. The Valet staff was friendly, holding open the doors for me to the lobby and Karan at the front desk was knowledgeable and friendly both checking in and out. The manger even gave my son a Mickey Mouse puzzle and took a picture of my son and I together! When I arrived at the room, I was shocked. It looked just like the pictures (which is rarely the case anymore). The room was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. What's more, my son loved the pool, 2 jacuzzis and the water fountain play area. It was perfect! It was definitely 5 star staff and accommodations for a 3 star price. This is my go to property when visiting Disneyland from here on out! Loved it!!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank jezzyrabit

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Peacock Suites! Thank you for your comments about the room and especially about our staff! We are always thrilled to hear good things about all of our staff members and they do get passed on so that everyone knows they have been recognized!

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 2 February 2014

They were undergoing renovations during our stay so the rooftop patio wasn't open. They made sure that the renos did not affect our stay which was nice. The garden walk with tons of restaurants and shops is right around the corner and the shuttle bus to Disney right out front so all in all good place to stay for our first Disney trip!

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Lgoulds
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2014

As always, we truly appreciate when our guests take time out of their schedules to write comments about their stay here at the Peacock Suites! Your comments are no exception and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Reviewed 28 January 2014

My wife and I and my son and his girlfriend stayed here for 3 nights from Jan. 21 to Jan. 24, 2014. Rather than get a 2 bedroom suite, we were offered two one bedroom suites that gave each party some privacy. I requested suites that were next to each other and the hotel accommodated my request. We stayed in suites 227 and 228. Even though both suites were one bedroom and next to each other, their floor plans were very different and nice. But both suites were recently remodeled, very clean, and had the same basic amenities. The beds very extremely comfortable is you like firm beds. Both the bedroom and the living area each had new 40" flat screen televisions.

First let me say that this hotel is a perfect place to stay for people with small children and on a budget. It was perfect for our trip to Disneyland. As other reviewers have noted, there is construction going on until late March 2014. After the construction is complete, this place will be much nicer. If you can wait until after March, I would recommend waiting to stay here until the construction is over, i.e., sometime after April 1st. It is true what the other reviewers have note, i.e., there is scaffolding on the outside of the walls near the entrance to the hotel, the breakfast is very basic and minimal but had cereal, fruit, milk, coffee, hard boiled eggs etc. You can walk to Disneyland from the hotel but it is over a mile and takes about 15 to 20 minutes. Parking is valet only but was not a problem. They had our car ready for us without us having to wait more that 1 to 2 minutes.

Once the construction is completed, on my next trip to Disneyland, I would stay here again.

2  Thank JimmyBubbles
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Thank you for choosing the Peacock Suites for your trip to Disneyland. We are please to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for posting a Trip Advisor review, and we look forward to seeing your family again when your travels bringy ou back to Anaheim!

Reviewed 27 January 2014

We stayed at this hotel last May when we went back to Disneyland. This hotel has recently been renovated so it has a boutique feel to it which was nice. We were looking for a hotel room that offered a suite so we could put our son down earlier at night. Unfortunately this wasn't really what we had in mind. Yes, there was a separate sleeping area but it was separated with just a sliding French door which unfortunately didn't slide so easily. The placement of the bathroom and kitchenette was off as well. You had to go through the area with the beds to use the bathroom. The area with the two queen beds was beside the suite entrance. So not what we had in mind, but we were so tired most nights it didn't matter much anyway.

The continental breakfast room was pretty limited as well. I remember mostly bagels and cereal and if you were not there when it first opened, you would have to wait in line a long time. We found it easier to buy a few things from the store and eat in our suite in the morning. Our suite had a mini fridge and microwave.

This is an older hotel (like most in the area), but we were lucky that we had a top floor, corner suite. Also, because we were facing DL Park, we saw the fireworks from our window which was great. We heard our neighbors a couple of nights running around but luckily the noise died by 10 pm.

There are in room safes which are nice. We stored all our valuables in it while we were out. It was great to not have to worry about that. There wasn't a closet though, just a wardrobe, which didn't hold much so we put most of clothes in the dressers provided.

The bathroom had a very large separate vanity with two sinks so we could get ready while someone else was using the shower. Very handy.

The hotel is a little far for young children to walk to Disneyland but luckily the number 7 ART stopped right there (first stop so it wasn't busy when you got on). There is also an ART Kiosk right beside the lobby which I found very convenient.

There is a coin laundry but you'll either have to go early or later to do a load of laundry. The washers and dryers are very energy efficient and it only took 40 mins to dry a load.

The staff was friendly and I found housekeeping did a good job each day.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in a top floor, corner suite.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula H

Thank you so much for taking time to complete a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the amenities we offer here at the Peacock Suites. Thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

I just read a review on the Peacock Suites titled "Currently under Renovation - Think Twice". This very well written review reflects out experiences very closely so there isn't much point in me repeating it...to summarise
- the hotel is under renovation - there is lots of scaffolding and plywood walls etc and it is hard to find reception, however the noise from the renovations was minimal.
- the breakfast was terrible and didn't change in the week we were there - we brought our own after the first couple of days. Even under renovation they could offer some better cereals and some bagels and muffins to toast without too much difficulty.
- the pool had a very strong chlorine smell - we didn't notice any bleaching but I wouldn't be surprised.
- the rooms were nice and renovated (we had adjoining one bedrooms), they were small but nicely furnished. No cooktop so microwave cooking only. Comfortable sofa bed in each unit.
- there was some noise from the adjoining rooms.
- Location is good - handy to Disney
- We didn't do the timeshare tour.
Once the renovations are finished and they are back to offering a full breakfast I would be happy to stay here again for a reasonable price

2  Thank HomershamFamily

Thank you for your feedback. We understand that the scaffolding and plywood can be an eyesore for our guests, however, we are happy to announce that they have been removed! We are in the final stages of our renovation and hope that you will be able to enjoy the property after its completion on your next trip to Anaheim!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

First of all, I want to say that we booked the Peacock Suites as a value-priced hotel and I am reviewing it with this in mind. However, we did not know when we booked our vacation a couple of months earlier that it was under renovation.

I had read some recent reviews prior to leaving complaining but as always with reviews we came with an open mind. We travel frequently and have a wide range of expectations given the prices we are paying at each property, and our expectations were not super high for the Peacock - we were expecting larger rooms, further from the park, and good value.

I will start with the positive: The check in was quick, the room was clean, the decor was modern (our room I believe was one that had been recently refurbished). It is the first shuttle stop. It comes every 20 minutes so you can guarantee that you can get to the park. Sometimes we were full just with the guests from our hotel so they skipped the people at the next hotel. It was only about 5-8 minutes to the park. There is a 7 Eleven right beside the hotel and you can get almost anything you want or need there. :)

However...the renovations definitely contribute to the feel of the entire hotel. It is encased almost completely in scaffolding, tarps and plywall boarding. Upon arriving you cannot find the front lobby other than small computer-printed sings saying "lobby". The walk from the lobby to the elevator is down a dark and narrow pathway of plywall boarding. The swimming pool (more about this later) is enclosed and does not get any sun.

The noise from the construction didn't seem to be too bad. It was definitely an active construction site but they seem to do their best to minimize the disruption to guests. We periodically heard noises but overall our rooms were pretty quiet.

Breakfast: this is a serious lacking during this time when hotels at this budget level are really doing a great with breakfasts. Our family stays at a LOT of hotels and breakfast is key for us. We are used to having the ability to make fresh waffles, and have a hot egg dish. The ability to make toast or bagels, and select from an assortment of fresh pastries and so on. That is not the case here due to a closure of their breakfast room due to, you guessed it, the renovations. The breakfast area is an open area with only 4 or so tables - mostly benches with low tables. These are not comfortable for dining. It was windy during our stay and the wind blew through the whole area and blew away glasses and napkins, coffees etc. Breakfast is very basic: two kinds of cereal (corn flakes and cheerios), instant oatmeal, and hard-boiled eggs, or packaged muffins (also two kinds only). For drinks there is milk and orange juice. What you get on Day 1 is what you get on Day 6. If you don't like these choices every day bring your own breakfast food. We ordered groceries ahead of time for delivery to the hotel from Vons.com. There was no cooktop in the room so everything needs to be microwavable.

Housekeeping service is limited. We were informed upon arrival that we would have housekeeping on Wednesday. We were staying from Sunday to Saturday.

The pool: We used the pool area on our second evening. In one hot tub the water was a murky green color. The other hot tub was clear so we stayed in that one. The smell of chlorine in the pool area was very strong. As we were swimming my four year old daughter said her bathing suit was a different color. I thought she was just imaging it. Later when I looked at my own bathing suit as it dried I realized it had changed color too. It was originally purple but the bottoms had faded to a cream color, and the half of the top had faded to a pinkish. The straps hadn't gone in the water so they remained dark purple. Another member of our party had tan shorts. They first turned yellow and then became see through, much to his chagrin. We left behind 3 bathing suits that were completely ruined due to the bleaching. Some of our party also had itching and rashes on our legs that made walking in the theme parks somewhat uncomfortable. We are home today and our 4 year old is still complaining about the bumps on her legs.

Due to our busy schedule going to the parks we didn't tell the front desk immediately about the issue with the pool/hot tub. We mentioned it on our last night, primarily telling them so they could address the health and safety issue this posed to their current and future guests. We were told that this had never happened before (I have trouble believing that nobody else but us had their suits bleached), and also told that the chemical levels were checked three times a day and they were always within normal limits. I have since done some research and have learned that with chlorine levels that high (probably 10,000x too high in order to be able to quickly bleach the color out of several bathing suits) the test strips would not be effective. The chlorine levels are dangerously high. The hotel staff were concerned about our suits and responded very thoughtfully to us offering to pay for dinner that night up to a $60 value - we were two rooms and 4 adults and 3 children.

AMZ tour:
If the concierge offers you free food/discounts - she really just wants to book you at a timeshare sales pitch for a sister resort. If you go and spend 90 minutes of your time they will give you $100 Disney dollars. You get a package with some coupons that might be useful but it will take about 15 minutes to listen to her pitch as well. She also recommended An LA tour which we booked. We were going to do the Rasta tour which had been well reviewed but the tour she suggested was much cheaper ($45 for adults and $30 for kids). The tour was supposed to include Beverly Hills, the Hollywood sign, Rodeo Drive walk of fame, Santa Monica pier, Venice Beach. The bus didn't have proper air conditioning and even though it was 85 degrees outside it was cooler off the bus than on it. By the time we stopped on Rodeo Drive for our 30 minute stop all we had time to do was RUN to the nearest Starbucks and get cold drinks and run back to the bus. We drove by Beverly Hills (we assumed we would see a famous house or two - but we just drove past the Beverly Hills sign - and the driver gave us a 3 second warning for us to click our cameras and that was Beverly Hills!). The same with the Hollywood sign - we could see it between the trees in the distance, he slowed the bus and we took pictures of it from the windows. His banter was minimal, his information about LA and the area was very little. Do not do this tour. Spend more money and do a more reputable tour or just stay at the hotel. We got off the bus after 9 hours exhausted with our children begging to go back in the pool!!

So we all put our bleached out bathing suits on again and went back in the super chlorinated pool, and lost a little more color, and got a little more itchy. What we realized after the second time in the water was the damage the high levels of chlorine was doing to the children's hair since they were submerging themselves completely in the water. We have three girls with long hair and we are not sure if it is ever going to recover from the ordeal.

So to make a long story short - I would suggest finding a hotel with a proper breakfast that is not under renovation. Why pay full price for a product that is not fully functional?

We will choose differently next time.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator and ice machine
1  Thank Skye S