“I can't believe these reviews either”
Review of Peacock Suites

Peacock Suites
Ranked #52 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lansing, Michigan
“I can't believe these reviews either”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The one bedroom room is simple a Comfort Inn with a partition to create a bedroom and added a sink, refrigerator, and microwave along the wall. Beds are average comfort and the pillow are horrible. The room had an adjoining door to open to make into a suite. That door is not well insulated and the person in the other room kept there TV on all night. I asked customer service to ask them to lower the TV between 2AM and 6AM. Nothing happened. I have never had a problem with adjoining door letting in noise as clear as if the door was open. Consequently, no real sleep. I asked again but again nothing happened. The room had been recently remodeled so it was clean. The floor pattern was crazy weird. The hall door opened between the vanity and the shower/toilet area. So if you were dressing or naked, when someone opened the door a huge mirror allowed anyone in the hall passing to see. The pool was cloudy and had a super strong smell of Chlorine. Continental breakfast was super carb with only hard boiled eggs and oatmeal being the healthiest. If you are looking for a workout area, FORGET IT at this place. One VERY cheap treadmill and one weight station with very limited exercise potential and in a very tiny room. There is a Planet Fitness about 1.2 miles. Although we did not do Disneyland, they do have a shuttle that goes to the park. I did not use it. Disneyland is a mile away. The one bedroom is for two people and limited space to use draws and hang things. More people would mean lots of stuff all over. Hide a bed couch in living area. They have valet parking and the sign says,'Valet Parking Available' making you think you have a choice. Well you do not have a choice and it is $10 a day. At no time were we made aware of that extra charge and it was not found on their website and if it is it is not noticeable. The parking staff, provided by a outside company, was excellent. All parking is tight spacing. We were trading a timeshare week and what we got was a Comfort Inn. When we left, we had to stay at a Comfort Inn in Minnesota and it was the identical room. Not staying there again. Not worth the cost at least for the one bedroom and the sleep quality of noise between rooms with zero sound proof between doors for suite options.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elaine J
Peacock Suites S, General Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for your comments, noise from other guests is sometimes out of our control, but none the less we will do everything we can to make sure everyone who stays at the hotel adheres to our posted quiet times. We apologize for your experience and look forward to hosting you and your family on your return visit to Anaheim. Thank you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Yucaipa, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I should start by saying that I should be more upset that Hotwire had this place rated as the 3 star hotel with...95% customer recommended! Unreal. Can't believe that TripAdvisor has it rated so high either. In fact, I can't understand ANYONE recommending this place after what I just witnessed with my own eyes (AND EARS). Based on the rates I wasn't expecting this place to be on the same level as Embassy Suites, but DAAAANG!!! It took the word "suite" to a new low. I will break this place down for both the experience with customer service, hotel amenities, and then the rooms.

Customer Service - Nothing bad to complain about here. They all were friendly, helpful and efficient. Enough said on that, because that's were the experience takes a nose dive.

Rooms - This has to be the absolute worst built hotel I have ever been to. From the outside, the hotel has a somewhat inviting look. But you have to consider it is located between a Motel 6 and a 7-11 and right next to the 5 Freeway. As with Disneyland, facades are deceiving. This place must have used scrap plywood and hammered a few nails here and there when they built the walls and floors. There is absolutely no soundproofing whatsoever! Every pitter patter of the feet of the guests staying in the room directly above our room could be heard in deafening detail. Not only did the floor above us creak and crackle incessantly throughout the night, but ours did too so I felt bad for the poor saps in the room below ours because even treading lightly is no use. Creak, creak, crackle, bump, bump. That's all you hear. It didn't help matters that the family in the room above ours were constantly walking around. Maybe they decided to play a two hour game of Nerf basketball, because that's what it sounded like non-stop throughout most of the night. Add the freeway noise and cars and trucks buzzing by and you feel like you simply pulled off the side of the road and decided to sleep in your car. What a night!

The rooms are cramped. They are technically suites because the master is separated by a wall to the living space. However, our door would not stay shut and the door kept popping open when we tried to shut it. The other odd thing is the rooms have a full set of plates and silverware, a microwave, and a toaster. What is concerning is there is no kitchen sink or dishwasher which makes me wonder how many dirty plates have been washed in the bathroom sink or tub...not something I want to think about.

Speaking of bathroom, there was water damage around the tub. The wallpaper was peeling and the drywall was already rotting. There is nowhere to turn in the bathroom if you are trying to get ready with someone else. The moron designers put a door that opens right in front of the sink so you have to fully walk out of the bathroom first in order for someone else to get in. The toilet reminded me of a toilet on an airplane. Same loud noise and suction action. Another thing to add to the noise since you could hear toilets being flushed and tubs being filled in the rooms above, below, besides, and across the hall. I'm not kidding.

The hotel seems like it could have been built as a hybrid of a parking ramp and a hotel. Parts of each floor you walk outside and parts are inside. The pool area is a cement jungle. No sun except one little sliver of a space around the far west side. There is a sun deck, but it was closed due to renovation. Too bad, I probably could have slept there and had a better experience.

There is a breakfast room on the first floor. Don't get excited by the thought of a free breakfast. It is just a bunch of dried out breads and pastries along with every family heaping them onto their plate thinking they just scored because they saved $30 on breakfast. After you realize what low quality the food is (no hot food...just a microwave and toaster to heat up some generic Eggo's and bagels), you will understand free isn't always that good of a thing.

I learned that Wyndham is buying this dump as part of a buyout of Shell Hospitality, it's current owner. I don't know what the Wyndham can do to this place to fix the shoddy construction of the walls and floors. They may as well level the place and start over. I would gladly help. Heck, I'd even rent the bulldozer with my own money.

I would highly advise staying somewhere else if you are headed to Anaheim. You've been warned.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank socal2cabo
Thank you for your honest feedback, it is our goal to exceed our guest’s expectations and continue to provide a wonderful vacation. I want to offer my deepest apologies for your experiences with us on your most recent trip to Anaheim. Although several of the comments were geared toward the building and design layout, i will meet with my team to address any areas we feel we could have improved. Thank you again for your comments and hopefully we will have a chance to provide you with amazing service as we have been noted!
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Peacock Suites from February 7 to February 14. From the moment we checked in, the staff was incredibly friendly and helpful in every way. Initially, I was annoyed about paying $10 a day for valet parking, but at the end of my stay I was glad that they also did a fabulous job! Everyone we met made our stay special, but I must single out three people in particular that made my trip memorable. Stephanie at the front desk was awesome! I spoke to her before I left for California and it was a joy to meet her in person! Caesar, the bellman, showed great concern and compassion when my wife had an accident in the room, and he made both of us feel so much better. Finally, Rochanda, the guest services supervisor, made me feel like a head of state! She even gave me a lovely Valentine's Day gift vase to give to my wife. Unfortunately, we could not take all of the goodies with us, so I told Rochanda to give it to another grateful couple. The only thing that would have made this stay any better is if they had hot breakfast items like sausage gravy or bacon. But, that is not a big deal when you are treated so well during your stay. We loved it, you will too, and we definitely hope to return someday soon!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Misterzu
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the Peacock Suites for your recent stay in Anaheim AND for taking the time to put your comments about that stay in writing! We have forwarded your comments to the individuals you have mentioned, and have made sure to recognize them for the outstanding service they provided. We appreciate all you had to say and are so glad to hear that you would return to see us again on your next trip to Anaheim!!!
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

An amazing time was had by all! Myself, husband, 2 children ages 2 and 6 months and mother in law, to be exact. We booked a 2 queen suite and it was perfect. The 2 beds were separate from the living area and a pull out bed was provided. We didn't need anything fancy since we were to spend most of our time at Disney but the accommodations were very nice. My number 1 priority is cleanliness and I was pleased. The beds were freshly made with clean sheets, tub an toilet were scrubbed clean and the kitchen area was spotless. The housekeeping staff were in their job! My number 2 priority is service and we all were pleased. We were in a rush to check in since the kids were restless and they provided small toys for them to keep occupied. Major kudos! The location is very close. If we didn't have such a huge stroller we would've attempted it but we took the ART instead. This is a must stay for Disney. I cannot ask for anything more!

Stayed December 2013
4 Thank GarciaFamilyMayor
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
As always, we truly appreciate when our guests take time out of their schedules to write comments about their stay here at the Peacock Suites! Your comments are no exception and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us!
Merced, California
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

Me an my family have been staying at here for past 10 years.we love this hotel! An the staff is very friendly.the only bad thing I would say is u have to pay 10 dollars a day for parking other wise this is amazing place to stay with your family an loved ones !♡♡♡

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Jenninaubree6
We are so thrilled to hear that you really enjoyed your stay at the Peacock Suites earlier this month! Thank you so much for taking the time to put your comments in writing!!!
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I am currently saying at the hotel. I don't usually write reviews but I always read them when deciding on where to stay. Due to travelling a lot I am a hotel snob and have extremely high standards, mostly when it comes cleanliness. The hotel is newly renovated, modern and most importantly very clean. Staff all seem very friendly, valet service is quick and efficient and breakfast is a high standard continental. Overall I'd rate this hotel 4 stars, perfect for families.

Stayed February 2014
4 Thank UK-HighStandards
Thank you so much for taking the time to put your thoughts about your stay at the Peacock Suites into writing! We appreciate your time and feedback and are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us!

Thank you again for your thoughts and we look forward to having you come and stay wth us again in the future!
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

I travel quite a bit for work, but this trip was for some quality one on one time with my son. Travelling alone with a toddler is never easy, but the Peacock Suites staff was incredible! From the moment I arrive, all of the staff was offering helping hands. The Valet staff was friendly, holding open the doors for me to the lobby and Karan at the front desk was knowledgeable and friendly both checking in and out. The manger even gave my son a Mickey Mouse puzzle and took a picture of my son and I together! When I arrived at the room, I was shocked. It looked just like the pictures (which is rarely the case anymore). The room was spacious, clean, and beautifully decorated. The bed was comfortable and the room was quiet. What's more, my son loved the pool, 2 jacuzzis and the water fountain play area. It was perfect! It was definitely 5 star staff and accommodations for a 3 star price. This is my go to property when visiting Disneyland from here on out! Loved it!!!!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jezzyrabit
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Peacock Suites! Thank you for your comments about the room and especially about our staff! We are always thrilled to hear good things about all of our staff members and they do get passed on so that everyone knows they have been recognized!

Thank you again for your time and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!