“A thank you to all staff”
Review of Peacock Suites

Peacock Suites
Ranked #52 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have been to this Hotel several times and I had always a great experience, I and my girlfriend who is from Brazil enjoyed the stay not to mention at one point we stayed a whole month and everyday we had such a wonderful service specially from the front desk staff.
We like to thank Rashanda , Tina and Karan all managers staff were amazing and we appreciate all the great service and hospitality.

Ligia & George

Room Tip: Any room is great and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George M
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

As always, we truly appreiciate when our guests take time out of their schedules to write comments about their stay here at the Peacock Suites! Ligia and George, your comments are no exception and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we will definitely share your review with the staff!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Let me begin by saying that I was very impressed by the staff on this visit. First, they allowed us to check in almost six hours early when our flight got in at 9 AM (their normal check-in isn't until 4 PM), which was absolutely wonderful. Even better, they left a beautiful "bouquet" of balloons, activities, and a special signed card for my daughters welcoming them to the hotel and to Disneyland (I had corresponded with one of the managers via email about needing a crib and a top-floor room ahead of time, so he knew the ages and genders of my children). That was a wow moment, and above and beyond, no doubt about it. All of the staff members I spoke with, from the front desk to the supervisors to the night auditor (more on that later) to the concierge to the valets were spectacularly friendly and helpful.

We did stay on the fourth floor, and, yes, the elevator issue is annoying (one goes from "L" - the lobby and parking level - to "3," and the other goes from "1" to "4," so you have to switch). However, if you walk up into the parking garage, you can access a lower level of the elevator that goes to the top, so that helps.

ROOM: The room was beautifully appointed, obviously recently remodeled in a modern style, and the kitchen (fridge, sink, microwave, "dining nook" with table and chairs) included a cabinet of plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, and flatware, all of which were very nice and upscale. The sliding semi-French style doors between the "living room" and the bedroom were a nice, classy touch. However, the rooms are considerably smaller than the photographs make them appear, and with our crew of five (two parents, two kids, one baby), it got a bit cramped sometimes. The beds were very comfortable, including the sofa bed, which was incredibly easy to use, and we had a view of the Disneyland fireworks from our bedroom! The walls are thin - noisy neighbors woke us up at 1 AM the first night we stayed there.

POOL: The pool was, for me, disappointing. It is very small, and it is underneath the first story of the building, so there is no sun. There are two nice hot tubs and towels are provided, which is nice, but, ultimately, it's a very lack-luster pool area. On a 70-degree day, without sun, it's really too cold to use it, in my opinion (even though it is somewhat heated). Also, no laying out, if that's your thing - no sun (the sun deck is great for that, however).

BREAKFAST: I see a lot of people on Trip Advisor complaining about the breakfast. Breakfast was fine. It's a continental breakfast - I really don't know what people are expecting. They have waffles, donuts, bagels, hardboiled eggs, cereal, coffee, juice, and yogurt. The only it really needed was more fruit. There were apples or oranges occasionally, but some bananas or berries would have been great, and refreshing. It's a good size breakfast area, with beautiful furnishings and windows overlooking the hotel and the street below. There are plenty of high chairs, which is great. Even with the long breakfast window (7 AM - 10 AM), it still gets very busy towards the end. Ultimately, I found it more than adequate.

LOCATION: The hotel is almost exactly one mile from Disneyland on foot. The walk is easy, and we did it a couple of the days we were there (we took the ART transit system the last day, as our feet were pretty beat up). Between the hotel and Disneyland is the Anaheim Gardenwalk, which has some nice shops and places to eat (PF Changs, CPK, Johnny Rockets, etc). A super-Target is less than five minutes away by car. I would say, if you're feeling active, have good shoes, and only plan to do Disneyland, you could get away with not renting a car, as long as you can get to the hotel via shuttle or something like that. As I mentioned earlier, we could see the Disneyland fireworks from our room on Saturday night.

PARKING: I found the valet parking to be efficient, reasonable, and convenient. Given what you pay to park at most places / hotels in Anaheim, $10 / day is not bad, and the attendants are very courteous. I had to wait several times when there wasn't anybody there (attendants were gone getting someone else's car), but that's the pitfall of almost any valet system. I actually didn't end up paying for parking, however (more on that in a moment).

AMENITIES: This hotel only has maid service on the fourth (I think?) day of your stay. This is supposedly an environmentally friendly initiative. Frankly, I thought it was ridiculous, and a little irritating, even though I knew to expect it (they are very straightforward about this policy on their website, and many reviews on Trip Advisor mention it as well). One of the benefits of staying in a hotel, and one of the things that justifies paying upwards of $100+ a night, is having a perfectly maid-up room waiting for you when you get back at the end of the day! I could understand not cleaning the sheets everyday, or letting us use the same towels everyday - no problem with that, and I can see the environmental impact there. But, I'm sorry, what's the environmental impact of having the maid stop by, check our supplies, and straighten up the bed? We ran out of toilet paper on our fourth day, and, after discovering there wasn't any additional stocked away in the room somewhere, had to call the front desk for more, which took about two hours to be delivered (though the staff was very good about following up to make sure it did eventually arrive). The TV service went out on us a lot, but I think that was because of the unusually strong winds while we were there (it was satellite). The sun deck on top of the hotel is beautiful, creative, offers great views of Anaheim and the Crystal Cathedral, and is the place for laying out, if you like. Great, fast, free Wi-Fi!

ISSUES: I experienced one major issue while we stayed at the hotel, and though the staff did a valiant job resolving it, it took up a lot of my time, and distracted from the enjoyment of a couple of mornings. We booked through Orbitz, so we had paid roughly a month in advance for our room. The first morning when we woke up, we discovered that we had been billed (on our credit card) by the hotel for a random dollar amount. I called the front desk, and after some research, they determined it was an error, and promised to take care of it. The second morning, the same thing happened, but now the total was almost $200! I called down again, and spoke with the night auditor, who determined that the problem was that the hotel had not entered the billing information from Orbitz correctly, and so they were charging us each night for our room - a second time! I was promised resolution that day, and that the manager would call or email me later in the day to confirm (we would be at Disneyland all day). I never received any communication, so when we came back that night, I went back to the front desk, where they started the research all over again. Eventually, a supervisor figured it out, fixed the problem, credited back the charges, and waived my parking charges as a courtesy / apology (which was nice). She also explained that the manager the night auditor had emailed ended up not working that day, which was why I never heard from anyone. Ultimately, it didn't cost me anything except time and frustration, but I couldn't help wondering what would have happened if I hadn't noticed the charges. After all, on a Disneyland vacation, you've got a lot of activity on your credit card!

Secondly, I realized after we got there that the hotel is owned by a timeshare company. Therefore, on our first day, we did get the sell on attending there catered lunch, and getting free "Disney Dollars." Obviously, I didn't go, as I imagine most people don't (I think most people know whether or not they want to sit through the incredibly hard sell from a timeshare company). I thought that was a little tacky.

WRAP-UP: I would recommend this hotel to families who want free breakfast and Wi-Fi, want to be close enough to the park to walk, and want to have the option of preparing / eating some meals in-room. My gripes are mostly minor (unless the pool is central to your plans!), and I have to think my billing issue was a total one-off. It's a clean, modern hotel with a very friendly, helpful staff. It's not perfect, but it's fine for most families, and a decent value.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor at the back of the hotel might give you a view of the Disneyland fireworks!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joshua R

Thank you so much for your comments and for giving an honest review. Feedback these days is priceless and without it we cannot continue to grow and get better at what we do. I wanted to apologize for the billing issue you experienced during your stay. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future so we may show you the service in which we are known for!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked this hotel though Hotwire (therefore as a "secret" hotel) and were afraid after we read the reviews in TripAdvisor. Thankfully, Peacock Suites turned out to be a great option for us, a family with a toddler going to Disneyland. The parks are nearby, and the (municipality) shuttle service is excellent, right in front of the hotel. The renovation works at the hotel seemed to be over. Our room was new, clean and well appointed (too bad there was only a microwave, not a cooktop). Breakfast was kind of depressing, with sugary/industrialized items in a very plain room. Parking was paid. Overall, the hotel was a bargain and, despite having no charm, suited our needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I hope that although you did not enjoy the breakfast selection we provided, you would give us another chance and visit us again.

Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were really surprised at how nice our room was. Even the studio couch had a great mattress on it. The breakfast is definitely continental but it is adequate. Our grandson used the pool and had a great time. Parking is by valet at $10 a day. All in all it was a good experience.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 534PatM

As always, we truly appreiciate when our guests take time out of their schedules to write comments about their stay here at the Peacock Suites! Your comments are no exception and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us! Please visit us again soon!

Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Helpful staff and receptive toward our needs. One problem is we could not exchange rooms after finding out the room was too small for four adults. When asked if we could was told no because all rooms are booked. The moral of the story is do not have a room that sleeps four people only too small. Go for the six person for more room!

• Stayed: April 2014
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to respond on TripAdvisor. We appreciate any and all comments. This will allow us to continue to enhance the vacation experience at our resort. Please let us know if there are opportunities to make your stay better in the future.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

We have stayed here 4 times over the last year, we get a sweet deal through sun or snow vacations, maybe sun and snow? Anyway about 80 a night, fantastic deal for a room that sleeps up to 8. We stayed in each of the room types and for us the Murphy bed suite is best, we have 5 kids. But for less kids request the rooms with separate bedroom with door for more privacy and quiet. It feels more like a suite and more spacious even though it's actually smaller than the long galley style two bedroom room.

The staff is amazing! Honestly!
They remember us between visits, give prizes to my kids for daily activities, help out with 2am vomiting! Provide balloons and a gift upon arrival if you tell them it's a special occasion, birthday etc.

The art bus works well for Disney, the number 7. Book your tickets through get away today in advance for huge savings and free kids tickets

Breakfast is just ok, crowded and mostly carbs, but my kids like it. I cook eggs in the room and buy fruit.

The pool area is dull but ok. Some potted palms would help, it's too YMCA, doesn't feel like a Cali vacation!

Overall, It's clean, comfy and convenient,and cheap if you get a smart deal or have shell points, but noisy, buy a sleep app. Very family oriented, not ideal for couples. The parking is so pricey! Ditch the car if possible, you won't need it while visiting dl anyway.

Tips,
Von's delivers groceries
Request a kitchen sink
Request top floor fir quiet or near breakfast room for quicker mornings, there's an extra bathroom next the breakfast room too! every minute counts when your rushing to Disneyland!
You can watch fireworks from new sun deck on roof

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank duchess13
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at the Peacock Suites! We are so happy to hear that you had such a nice visit and that our staff was high on your list of what you enjoyed while you were here! We hope you will consider staying with us again on any future visits to Anaheim!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel so that I can attend a seminar at the Anaheim Convention Center from March 22nd to 24th. The room was very well furnished with a separate living room from the bedroom. The room and bathroom were very clean and well maintained. Having a microwave and small refrigerator to store drinks came in handy. I have to agree with other reviewers that the rooms were not very sound proofed as I would have liked; but, was fine for the most part. The hotel location is very convenient to a nearby 7-11 store which is about half a block away, restaurants, and a movie theater. The staff at the front desk and the housekeeping were very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast is pretty limited to bagels, cereal, hard boil eggs, toast, yogurt, orange juice and coffee. There is a coffee maker at the hotel room as well.

It took about 20 minutes to walk from the hotel to the convention center; however, if your event is in Exhibition Hall C add an extra 10 minutes to the walk. The only problem that I encountered was getting a taxi, which is not the fault of the hotel. It took about 20 minutes for a taxi to come by the hotel in the morning. The taxi did not turn on the meter, which I thought was dishonest and overcharged me. Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher level floors appears to be more quiet, stay away from rooms close to the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank reno_visitor_pp
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

As always, we truly appreciate when our guests take time out of their schedules to write comments about their stay here at the Peacock Suites! Our staff looks forward to any and all comments regarding the property and especially our service. Your comments are no exception and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us!