“A Great Stay - Economically”
Review of Peacock Suites

Peacock Suites
Ranked #52 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Peacock Suites are a great place to stay at a very economical price. The rooms are decent size and well-appointed. It is just blocks from Disneyland and from I-5. Rooms are modern, the place is clean and the prices cannot be beat. We had a suite-room, where a bedroom was separated by sliding doors from a kitchenette and a sofa that turned into a bed. Normally sofa beds are not that comfortable, but the mattress on this one was great. So it is good, if you are traveling with kids. They have a pool which is outdoors, but surrounded by walls on 3 sides. It is in a nice area, and provides easy access to Disneyland, I-5 and the A's stadium. You could spend a lot more and not get what we had at Peacock suites. The only comment I would have to improve things is that the breakfast is OK, but not great. Staff is very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank AllenatHome1
Abdelrahman A, General Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience with us at the Peacock Suites. We pride ourselves in providing our Guests with a comfortable and convenient destination for your family. I invite you to make the Peacock Suites your choice for future accommodations on your next Disney adventure!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We stayed for 3 nights and were very pleased with our stay. The hotel room was nicely appointed and had everything we needed. The 4 seat table was a nice touch and it was nice to have enough electrical outlets for our devices. The beds were comfortable and our 5 year old was excited to sleep on the fold out sofa and have her "own" TV in her "room". Had we not been there solely for the purpose of going to DLand we would have enjoyed a fuller kitchen like many of the other timeshare properties we have visited, but this suited our needs perfectly.

The continental breakfast was perfect to get the day going. A quick and FREE way to feed the family before heading out to the crowds and the excitement. Valet was quick and easy and we opted to brave the 5 minute drive and pay to park at the Park rather than use the shuttle.

All in all it was a great stay and we will be back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank kenanmt

I appreciate your feedback about the Peacocks Suites. I am very happy to hear that the room was comfortable and provided your family with a relaxing destination to explore Disneyland. I invite you to return back for all your future adventures!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a 1 bedroom that includes a king size bed that is partitioned from the living room. Everything is compact, but we had 2 big flat screen televisions! They only have a microwave oven and a small refrigerator, but we took advantage of the 2 BBQ grills down by the pool area. The front desk even provided all the utensils we needed to cook our food. If you are going to Disneyland, this is an excellent location. But it is a very long drive up to LA downtown and Hollywood. I-5 construction makes it a very poor option for travelling, so look for alternates. They do have a breakfast room, but it's all carbs except for the hard boiled eggs.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 8837Mom
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to put your thoughts about your stay at the Peacock Suites into writing! We appreciate your time and feedback and we hope to have you and your family stay wth us again in the future!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Peacock Suites arrival 1230pm.
Lisa, Miriam, Adam, Caesar
Staff was found to be very polite, helpful and accommodating.

Construction is completed. Yeah!!! There is still some repainting of the external common areas.
The rooms are exactly as they are presented on the website. The room to which we were assigned was ready when we got there and we were able to check in early. Great! However, this was not the room we requested and paid for. I immediately called the desk. Miriam immediately apologized and stated that our room would not be ready until 4 pm which is regular check in time. We brought our bags back to the lobby where they were tagged and stored for us. She told us that the housekeeper was at lunch and she will check the status of our room and update us after she returned. Since our room was not available, we went to lunch. When we returned, to my surprise we were accommodated in the initial room where we could relax and wait for our room to be ready a 2 1/2hr wait. We were called and told to meet Caesar, the bell hop at our new room. My husband not a very patient man went to collect the keys and shortly thereafter Caesar brought our bags up to our new room.
The two rooms that I saw both only had one bath, and the bath is in the bedroom. So if privacy is an issue, or you are a light sleeper then this might not be the room for you. Service is king on day 1.
Parking is premium here. Mandatory Valet parking at $10 a day plus tax. Space is limited. The Valet parks the cars close together to fit the maximum number of cars in the limited space that they have. We never had to wait for an extended period of time for our car. A car is not a necessity if you are visiting Disneyland or here for a conference at the Convention Center. The ART bus picks you up right in front of the hotel and takes you to the theme park. Lots of restaurants are within walking distance and even though the walk to the Convention Center can be between 20-30mins, I did not find it too tiring. I did take a taxi one morning for a 6am meeting and the taxi were very punctual. I called 15mins before I was ready to leave. I paid $6.20 to the Marriot.

We enjoyed a quite night. No loud noises. Our room faced the street however we did not find that intrusive. Well, someone mentioned that the shower and the toilet flushing in the adjacent units can be heard in your room. That is correct. If you are a late riser, sorry this will disturb you.
We did not use the pool or the hot tubs because the area was treated like a playground for kids.

Day 2: Breakfast-free continental breakfast 7-10am. We went down at 7:10. The menu is as others have described. No line. Nice seating. Bright. Many guests came in and out as we ate. The breakfast is not bad. Remember, you are not at the Four Seasons. It is to help you start your morning until you can purchase something a little more to your liking. At least that's what I heard the parents telling their children. We have gone to breakfast at 8:30 and there was still ample quantities.
I like to check on my charges prior to checkout. CAUTION: Check your charges before you leave. When we checked in I was told that I had to pay a $37 cleaning fee. I did not query it that time. However, when I checked my reservation the only additional charges that was stated was parking. When I queried why the $37 cleaning fee I was told that "Shell Vacations" was now charging a cleaning fee based on the size of the unit. I told them that my reservation did not include a cleaning fee and I was able to get the fee waived.

I would like to thank all the staff at the Peacock Suites for making our stay enjoyable, even if I did not mention you by name.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Gabbi_at

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience at our resort. We are happy to hear you had such a great vacation experience and we will be sure to share your positive feedback with our staff! We hope to see you again soon and thank you again!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

I have been to this Hotel several times and I had always a great experience, I and my girlfriend who is from Brazil enjoyed the stay not to mention at one point we stayed a whole month and everyday we had such a wonderful service specially from the front desk staff.
We like to thank Rashanda , Tina and Karan all managers staff were amazing and we appreciate all the great service and hospitality.

Ligia & George

Room Tip: Any room is great and clean.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank George M

As always, we truly appreiciate when our guests take time out of their schedules to write comments about their stay here at the Peacock Suites! Ligia and George, your comments are no exception and we are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us and we will definitely share your review with the staff!

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Let me begin by saying that I was very impressed by the staff on this visit. First, they allowed us to check in almost six hours early when our flight got in at 9 AM (their normal check-in isn't until 4 PM), which was absolutely wonderful. Even better, they left a beautiful "bouquet" of balloons, activities, and a special signed card for my daughters welcoming them to the hotel and to Disneyland (I had corresponded with one of the managers via email about needing a crib and a top-floor room ahead of time, so he knew the ages and genders of my children). That was a wow moment, and above and beyond, no doubt about it. All of the staff members I spoke with, from the front desk to the supervisors to the night auditor (more on that later) to the concierge to the valets were spectacularly friendly and helpful.

We did stay on the fourth floor, and, yes, the elevator issue is annoying (one goes from "L" - the lobby and parking level - to "3," and the other goes from "1" to "4," so you have to switch). However, if you walk up into the parking garage, you can access a lower level of the elevator that goes to the top, so that helps.

ROOM: The room was beautifully appointed, obviously recently remodeled in a modern style, and the kitchen (fridge, sink, microwave, "dining nook" with table and chairs) included a cabinet of plates, bowls, mugs, glasses, and flatware, all of which were very nice and upscale. The sliding semi-French style doors between the "living room" and the bedroom were a nice, classy touch. However, the rooms are considerably smaller than the photographs make them appear, and with our crew of five (two parents, two kids, one baby), it got a bit cramped sometimes. The beds were very comfortable, including the sofa bed, which was incredibly easy to use, and we had a view of the Disneyland fireworks from our bedroom! The walls are thin - noisy neighbors woke us up at 1 AM the first night we stayed there.

POOL: The pool was, for me, disappointing. It is very small, and it is underneath the first story of the building, so there is no sun. There are two nice hot tubs and towels are provided, which is nice, but, ultimately, it's a very lack-luster pool area. On a 70-degree day, without sun, it's really too cold to use it, in my opinion (even though it is somewhat heated). Also, no laying out, if that's your thing - no sun (the sun deck is great for that, however).

BREAKFAST: I see a lot of people on Trip Advisor complaining about the breakfast. Breakfast was fine. It's a continental breakfast - I really don't know what people are expecting. They have waffles, donuts, bagels, hardboiled eggs, cereal, coffee, juice, and yogurt. The only it really needed was more fruit. There were apples or oranges occasionally, but some bananas or berries would have been great, and refreshing. It's a good size breakfast area, with beautiful furnishings and windows overlooking the hotel and the street below. There are plenty of high chairs, which is great. Even with the long breakfast window (7 AM - 10 AM), it still gets very busy towards the end. Ultimately, I found it more than adequate.

LOCATION: The hotel is almost exactly one mile from Disneyland on foot. The walk is easy, and we did it a couple of the days we were there (we took the ART transit system the last day, as our feet were pretty beat up). Between the hotel and Disneyland is the Anaheim Gardenwalk, which has some nice shops and places to eat (PF Changs, CPK, Johnny Rockets, etc). A super-Target is less than five minutes away by car. I would say, if you're feeling active, have good shoes, and only plan to do Disneyland, you could get away with not renting a car, as long as you can get to the hotel via shuttle or something like that. As I mentioned earlier, we could see the Disneyland fireworks from our room on Saturday night.

PARKING: I found the valet parking to be efficient, reasonable, and convenient. Given what you pay to park at most places / hotels in Anaheim, $10 / day is not bad, and the attendants are very courteous. I had to wait several times when there wasn't anybody there (attendants were gone getting someone else's car), but that's the pitfall of almost any valet system. I actually didn't end up paying for parking, however (more on that in a moment).

AMENITIES: This hotel only has maid service on the fourth (I think?) day of your stay. This is supposedly an environmentally friendly initiative. Frankly, I thought it was ridiculous, and a little irritating, even though I knew to expect it (they are very straightforward about this policy on their website, and many reviews on Trip Advisor mention it as well). One of the benefits of staying in a hotel, and one of the things that justifies paying upwards of $100+ a night, is having a perfectly maid-up room waiting for you when you get back at the end of the day! I could understand not cleaning the sheets everyday, or letting us use the same towels everyday - no problem with that, and I can see the environmental impact there. But, I'm sorry, what's the environmental impact of having the maid stop by, check our supplies, and straighten up the bed? We ran out of toilet paper on our fourth day, and, after discovering there wasn't any additional stocked away in the room somewhere, had to call the front desk for more, which took about two hours to be delivered (though the staff was very good about following up to make sure it did eventually arrive). The TV service went out on us a lot, but I think that was because of the unusually strong winds while we were there (it was satellite). The sun deck on top of the hotel is beautiful, creative, offers great views of Anaheim and the Crystal Cathedral, and is the place for laying out, if you like. Great, fast, free Wi-Fi!

ISSUES: I experienced one major issue while we stayed at the hotel, and though the staff did a valiant job resolving it, it took up a lot of my time, and distracted from the enjoyment of a couple of mornings. We booked through Orbitz, so we had paid roughly a month in advance for our room. The first morning when we woke up, we discovered that we had been billed (on our credit card) by the hotel for a random dollar amount. I called the front desk, and after some research, they determined it was an error, and promised to take care of it. The second morning, the same thing happened, but now the total was almost $200! I called down again, and spoke with the night auditor, who determined that the problem was that the hotel had not entered the billing information from Orbitz correctly, and so they were charging us each night for our room - a second time! I was promised resolution that day, and that the manager would call or email me later in the day to confirm (we would be at Disneyland all day). I never received any communication, so when we came back that night, I went back to the front desk, where they started the research all over again. Eventually, a supervisor figured it out, fixed the problem, credited back the charges, and waived my parking charges as a courtesy / apology (which was nice). She also explained that the manager the night auditor had emailed ended up not working that day, which was why I never heard from anyone. Ultimately, it didn't cost me anything except time and frustration, but I couldn't help wondering what would have happened if I hadn't noticed the charges. After all, on a Disneyland vacation, you've got a lot of activity on your credit card!

Secondly, I realized after we got there that the hotel is owned by a timeshare company. Therefore, on our first day, we did get the sell on attending there catered lunch, and getting free "Disney Dollars." Obviously, I didn't go, as I imagine most people don't (I think most people know whether or not they want to sit through the incredibly hard sell from a timeshare company). I thought that was a little tacky.

WRAP-UP: I would recommend this hotel to families who want free breakfast and Wi-Fi, want to be close enough to the park to walk, and want to have the option of preparing / eating some meals in-room. My gripes are mostly minor (unless the pool is central to your plans!), and I have to think my billing issue was a total one-off. It's a clean, modern hotel with a very friendly, helpful staff. It's not perfect, but it's fine for most families, and a decent value.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor at the back of the hotel might give you a view of the Disneyland fireworks!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Joshua R

Thank you so much for your comments and for giving an honest review. Feedback these days is priceless and without it we cannot continue to grow and get better at what we do. I wanted to apologize for the billing issue you experienced during your stay. I do hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future so we may show you the service in which we are known for!

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We booked this hotel though Hotwire (therefore as a "secret" hotel) and were afraid after we read the reviews in TripAdvisor. Thankfully, Peacock Suites turned out to be a great option for us, a family with a toddler going to Disneyland. The parks are nearby, and the (municipality) shuttle service is excellent, right in front of the hotel. The renovation works at the hotel seemed to be over. Our room was new, clean and well appointed (too bad there was only a microwave, not a cooktop). Breakfast was kind of depressing, with sugary/industrialized items in a very plain room. Parking was paid. Overall, the hotel was a bargain and, despite having no charm, suited our needs.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
PeacockManager, Manager at Peacock Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Thank you for taking time to complete a Trip Advisor review. We are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. I hope that although you did not enjoy the breakfast selection we provided, you would give us another chance and visit us again.