“Great Hotel to stay at”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Leumeah
“Great Hotel to stay at”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2010

This is the second time my children & I have stayed at the Peacock Suites. It is off the main Disneyland drag so is a lot cheaper than most Anaheim hotels.
The front counter staff were courteous & very helpful, and the cleaning staff were great! We would come back after a full day at Disneyland to find a lovely clean room and our stuffed animals sitting on our pilows to greet us...such a simple thing, but a very nice touch!
We are coming back again next October & will be staying here again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (144)
vancouver, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

My husband and I stayed here with other couples and friends and were very happy with our stay. There is a good continental breakfast included. If you hate children, don't stay here, because they are everywhere. The pool is not that inviting with the concrete roof over it and tons of kids. Clean rooms, nice big comfy bed.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
San Diego, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2010

I didn't get to choose this hotel, I actually just stayed here for 2 nights with friends who were staying here for a week. That being said, I definitely would not want to choose this hotel if I had a choice. It could be fine to some people, but I guess I have a bit higher standards for hotels.

So the parking situation...it's a mandatory valet...no option of self park which is annoying but once you see the place you'll probably understand why...the valets have to park your car in a tetris style parking lot hah. They aren't very smart either...when checking in you need to park your car in front of the lobby area...we did that and when we were done checking in we were like ok, i'll pull the car to the valet (basically back up and pull in front)...the valet watched me do this and when i got to him said..oh checking in? you can just park in back...wow think you could of stopped me 2 minutes ago? oh well.

We had the room with 2 doubles and living room with pull out sofa. I don't know if it was the way the room is laid out or what but it seemed tiny for 4 people. The living room with sofa was spacious, old tv, microwave and fridge...the sleeping area was cramped and tiny. There was a dresser and wardrobe but there was no room to place anyone's luggage. We ended up having to put our bags in the living room area.

The group slept fine, however i'm a pretty light sleeper and I need some peace and quiet to sleep. I did not hear any hallway noise however in our room the AC was going and it was like a jet plane going all night. The toilets and showers are really loud if anyone is using it...in your room or neighboring rooms. The floors also creaked upstairs...so I could tell when the people upstairs were walking. Also, our window faced the small parking lot below with accompanying car noise.

The bathroom was large however there was just 1 sink and no counter space for 4 people...did not unpack our bathroom bag. And like I said the toilet and shower were loud...you'd wake up if anyone uses it.

The one nice thing was that when we arrived to our room there was a staff member coming down the hall with balloons and gave it to us...now I don't know if they did that on purpose or she happened to be coming by and wanted to give them to us...either way..nice gesture.

There is also bfast provided however we never ended up using it. Bring a box...seems to be what everyone at the hotel does...brings a box to hoard food and go back to the room HAH

Housekeeping is good, however they start early! They came by 8:30-9ish each morning when we were still in the room and we had to tell them we'd be out soon. something to consider I guess...put the door lock on so you don't have anyone walk in on you.

there is a shuttle that can take you to disneyland or it's an easy 10-minute or so walk...we just walked which was nice. Seemed to take just as long as people waiting for shuttles.

Overall, this place was dated, the parking situation sucked, the rooms noisy and cramped, and it just felt bleh. However, it is close to the parks, provides bfast, and if you are a family that wants privacy this may be your only bet around.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank boarder0010
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2010

Myself (30), my mother (55), my 13 yr old son, my 9 yr old son and my 3 yr old daughter checked in July 2nd and checked out July 11th. It was a nice comfortable 9 night stay. We stayed in a one bedroom suite with an additional Murphy bed and we had MORE than enough room. Yes... the breakfast is pretty basic. It's ok if you have little ones like my 9 & 3 year old were satisfied with a bowl of cereal and some juice. My mother, my 13 year old and myself were looking for other options (we usually just grabbed something at Disneyland). The shuttle to and from Disneyland was AWESOME and so needed in my case because I have a 3 year old that cannot keep up with my 13 year old and it was nice for one of the adults to be able to break away and come back EASILY to the hotel so the little one could nap. Although you do have to pay $8.00 per day to park your car at the Peacock and $1.00 per kid per day and $3.00 per adult per day to ride the shuttle. So, those small costs can add up if you have a long stay. Shuttle was worth it though! Picked you up and dropped you off right in front of the Disney ticket booth. The friendly staff at the Peacock was really nice. They always had smiles and you never felt like you were inconveniencing them. Good customer service is hard to find these days. All in all I am happy with my stay. Please know that this hotel is great if you are traveling to Disney with kids. If you are traveling for a romantic getaway I would not recommend this hotel. A lot of kids running around (which doesn't bother me). Also rooms were cleaned everyday no matter if you slept in or not.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank thamoochie
Providenciales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2010

My husband & 19yr old son & I Stayed for 12 days ,was bit worried because it was cheap option & had read some -ve reviews,but were pleasantly surprised.Great 2 rooms on 1st floor,which was cleaned & restocked every day,handy with fridge & microwave.
Yes the breakfast was basic & we chose to eat out,but thought if u had young kids & wanted to give them something quick & light before you set off for parks it would have been ideal(u could choose not to go for the donuts!
Never had to wait long for valet car service & it was busy.Laundry was cheap to use!
Great place for family on a budget.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Clarksville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2010

Every time I stay at the Peacock Suites in Anaheim, CA, I am treated as if I am family. The staff is extremely friendly and conscientious about making your stay absolutely perfect. It's nestled a few blocks away from Disneyland. It's not too far away from Angel's stadium either. Gardenwalk, a place for shopping and dining is only a hop, skip, and a jump away.

The rooms are cozy and tidy. You won't have trouble have a good night's sleep. The rooms we usually stay in have at least 2 queen size beds, a sitting room, and a spacious bath area. There is usually at least 1 flat screen t.v. and another t.v. in the sitting room. A refrigerator, microwave, flatware, dishes are available for your convenience too. Another perk is free-wifi! Complimentary continental breakfast every morning in the breakfast room and laundry rooms on most levels.

The hotel is super kid friendly and there are nightly activities available for kids to do too. You can purchase Disneyland hopper passes that are much cheaper than purchasing them online or at the park so it's wise to ask the front desk.

Peacock Suites is a place I'll be returning back to whenever I make a trip to SoCal.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank MDMommy113
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2010

I stayed at the Peacock Suites with a friend and a teenage exchange student the last week of April, 2010. Overall it was a very nice stay, great value. We had a 1 bedroom suite, 2 rooms with 2 queen sized beds and a murphy bed in the sitting area which included a couch, table and chairs and a tv (also tv in the bedroom). It also had a small fridge and a microwave. When we checked in, the concierge desk provided plenty of information and gave coupons for meals and directions also. My friend had reserved through her time share so I didn't know what the daily rate was but I liked it enough to reserve again the next time I'm in Anaheim. The beds were very comfortable, the room was clean, housekeeping came by each day to change out towels (although no daily housekeeping unless you requested). The only extra charge was the rate for daily valet but we never had to wait for our car, they were very quick to bring it to us each time. It is a few blocks from Disneyland, I wouldn't attempt to walk it but the Art bus comes by right at the hotel and it was very handy to use. The breakfast was mostly donuts, cereal and toast but it was free, so no complaints. The pool area is covered and the pool is not very large but we didn't use it as the weather was a bit cool. There were plenty of families there, lots of kids, but didn't have any problems with noise. The laundrymat was very close to our room and reasonably priced to use. I had a very nice stay and would recommend it. Its not the most luxurious hotel I've ever stayed at but it was more than adequate. The staff was friendly and helpful. I felt very safe there. We used it as a base as Disneyland is 5 minutes away, shopping close by, San Diego about 2 hours away by car, Hollywood and Beverly Hills less than an hour. It's right off the freeway but I never noticed any road noise. One other thing, there is no business center at this hotel, so no computer to use. They direct you to another hotel down the street.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends