I research things to death and this was the one that came out the winner because it offered a pool, spa, mini-fridge, free parking, free wi-fi (3 devices), free breakfast and walking distance to Disneyland. Since we were doing this whole thing on a budget, we wanted to avoid eating at the resort. The breakfast filled us up before our adventurous day, it wasn't spectacular, but it was as expected. The mini-fridge gave us a cool place to stash the many snacks and sandwich fixins' we packed for lunch in the park and keep some milk fresh for the littles to have before bedtime after an exhausting day. Our dinners were so easy, take-out from CPK and PF Changs (order things from the kids' menu for all to share and save a ton of money!) which we ate in the room, or down by the pool.
We requested and received a room on the 4th floor for viewing the fireworks (weekends only), though the air conditioning didn't work and we moved right next door. This was a bit of a bummer because I had us all unpacked and situated in the first room and re-packing, moving and un-packing put a damper at the start of the trip. They didn't make a big deal about the inconvenience, but we didn't either.
Also, the spa was out of order, and though that shouldn't be a big deal, we ONLY stay where there is a hot tub...we love it, we live for it. If we complained, I imagine they would have offered sympathy and perhaps compensation, but we didn't ask.
The staff was very friendly, always saying a genuine hello and asking if we were happy. The hotel was very clean and well attended. We were never without fresh towels, the beds were comfy.
We were very satisfied with what we got for what we spent and will be booking this again the next time we brave Disneyland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located in the heart of Anaheim, just a short walking distance from the Disneyland Resort and the Anaheim Convention Center, the "Ramada Plaza Anaheim" is the best kept secret in the Southern California hotel industry. Honored for quality and excellence,the "Ramada Plaza Anaheim" was awarded the "Best of Ramada" for 2013, an honor only given to five Ramada properties throughout California. We pride ourselves on quality and service so let us be your home away from home. Drive on up and park your car in one of the few Anaheim hotels that still offers Complimentary Parking. Dine onsite at the Gandhi Palace or take a short stroll to the Garden Walk where you can shop until you drop, catch a movie, strike out at the bowling alley, work out at 24 Hour Fitness, or grab a bite at the numerous restaurants that include the Cheesecake Factory, California Pizza Kitchen, Bubba Gump Shrimp Co., PF Chang's, and Roy's Hawaiian Fusion Cuisine. Come home and take a dip in our Outdoor Heated Pool, relax in our Steam Sauna or stay in shape in our Guest Exercise Room. For your convenience, all rooms are equipped with free WiFi, a Refrigerator, Coffee Maker, In-Room Safe and Iron & Board. Guest Laundry is conveniently located onsite. Further, hotel boasts of five Meeting Rooms from 324 sq. Ft. To 1944 sq. Ft. Whether you are traveling on business or pleasure, book your stay today at the Ramada Plaza Anaheim so we may welcome you home tomorrow. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Anaheim reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Plaza Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Ramada Anaheim
- Anaheim Ramada
- Ramada Plaza Anaheim California