“great value and close to Disneyland”

Days Inn Anaheim West
Ranked #99 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Although we had read mixed reviews on this hotel, I had no complaints upon our arrival. It was affordable, clean and comfortable and not too far of a walk to Disneyland. Every morning we had a decent continental breakfast and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. There was a 24 hour gas station and mini-mart right across the street, which is nice for late-night snacks or beverages.

If you don't mind a pleasant 10 minute walk to Disneyland and you don't want to spend a fortune on a hotel you're only going to spend time sleeping in, the Days Inn West is an excellent choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vikingjoy

Reviewed 17 February 2011

Stayed here one night. Location is right across the street from Disneyland. We had tried the Fairfield Inn to begin with, only to be quoted $160 for the night plus $8 to park our car. Our next choice was this Days Inn property, thinking that it would be the same price bracket as the Fairfield. I almost fainted when the gentleman at the front desk quoted me a $59 AAA rate. Rooms were enormous, clean and extremely comfortable. Hotel is a bit dated, but the rooms looks recently renovated. Breakfast in the morning was a bit weak, but I cannot say anything bad about this property. Excellent value in an excellent location!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank ktown_traveller04
Reviewed 11 December 2010

This place is basic, clean and friendly. They provide a free breakfast (Danish, cereal, toast, juice) which is a good money saver. They let you park your car early and then go to Disneyland and check in at night. Ppl complained about the walk, but it is actually quite close. When you walk out the driveway, turn left and head towards the giant parking lot. Go up into the parking tower and down the travelator on the other side. Here, a free Disney shuttle will take you to the park. The rates for overnight are cheap too!!

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 5 October 2010

This was by far the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in.
Hot Tub was not working in the 4 days we stayed there...
Pool was not heated at all..
Breakfast was a joke...stale and cheap !
Staff were not helpful at all
Not close to Disneyland as Website states...absolute Lie
Have to take shuttle $4 to get back and forth
Not one restaurant nearby

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2010

The website for this hotel says it is the closest to Disneyland, that they are a short walking distance from it in fact. I looked this up on Google Earth and they are physically very close to the border of Disneyland, which may be how they get away with this wording, but it is actually a lie. This hotel is on the back side of the park from the entrance. We had expected to be across from Disneyland on the side where all the restaurants and stores are, due to the wording of this website. Instead, when we needed to go back to the hotel for medications, to rest or for any reason, we had to shuttle each time.

To use the free shuttle buses, you have to walk a few long blocks to get to the parking lot and find a shuttle bus, or alternatively, you can walk two blocks down Ball Road to a shuttle that comes every 20 minutes - shuttle passes are available at the hotel for $4 per person per day. This took a lot of time and money as it turned out, for us and was a major stress, and you have to make sure you don't miss the last bus.

The website also states they can help you with arranging front door pickups and tours. Well, they couldn't. Luckily we had a laptop with us, as we had to arrange our own pickups to Universal and the airport.

On the website, they have a nice picture of a continental breakfast, with individual cereal boxes, doughnuts, etc., although there is no place to sit down to eat it. What you actually get is stale mini muffins, danishes and crescents, etc. from a box, none fresh, two choices of some cheap cereal, cheap watered down orange juice, white bread only, for toast, whipped butter packets, cheap jam packets, etc. Of course there is coffee - but only until 9:00 a.m. Yep, that's right, they close down breakfast at 9:00 a.m., can't even get a cup of coffee after that, I tried, at 9:10. If they close down breakfast before people actually are up and ready for it, they can actually say they offered a continental breakfast, but don't actually have to put out any money to have one.

And then there's the pool and hot tub. The website says heated pool. The pool is not heated, it's too cold to go in at all, even though when we were there, there was an abnormal heat wave, 107, so we needed it. The hot tub is nasty, old, cement, small, needs repair, and best of all, it isn't even usable, not even as warm as a baby's bath. And it closes at 10:00 p.m. in any event, so if you're going to Disneyland - isn't that why most of us are there? - it will be too late to use it when you get back, especially since you have to wait for the shuttle. I complained to management about there being no heat in the hot tub and he said someone must have turned off the heat, but actually did nothing to rectify it. We tried again the next night and couldn't believe they hadn't turned the heat on. I saw no one use the pool or hot tub the four days we were there.

When we arrived, we discovered that the room our agent had booked was their standard room, two "double", not queen, beds. There were four of us, all women. We were very disappointed in finding this out, had to upgrade to a room with three queens, paid extra for it and it was okay for us, except for the loudness of the air conditioners, there being no hair conditioner, only shampoo, and the towels were small and rough as sandpaper. Everything about this hotel speaks of 'cheap'. The coffee maker in our room wasn't even complete, the part that holds the filter didn't even fit, it was like they picked up the parts at the second hand store and put them together to sort of work.

You can't hear the music associated with it and the fireworks are very loud, but yes, you can see the fireworks from your room, so that's not a lie.

I don't understand - do these people enjoy hearing complaints all the time? You would think they would be trying to make your visit enjoyable. How do they sleep at night. I rarely complain about anything, and I am not fussy. Thanks so much, Days Inn (Anaheim West, 1030 Ball Road), for ruining our vacation.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Anniemary58
Reviewed 26 September 2010

I live locally in LA, so I just needed a place to stay after a long day at Disneyland instead of driving home. I maybe spent a grand total of 30 minutes awake in this place, and for that purpose it was absolutely perfect. Rooms were completely clean, well maintained, and beds were fine. If you need a no-frills, no-fuss cheap place to sleep after a long day at the park, this is perfect. If luxury is what you're looking for.....best to try somewhere else!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2010

Just stayed here for a trip to Disneyland. This hotel basically has 2 things going for it: Location and Price. If those are the top of your list of being important, then go for it. Otherwise if you like any sort of comfort, then I'd suggest looking around. The location is superb and it's a really close walk to the park and downtown disney. And from the price I paid I thought it was a bargin to be that close. The front desk folks were pretty nice and helpful. But that's where it ends...

I've stayed at a number of Days Inn before so I'm not expecting anything fancy. But this is probably the most ghetto one I've ever been at. The rooms were kind of dirty, The bottoms of my feet were black after walking around on the carpet (disgusting). The wallpaper was peeling off and just patched up in some areas. The bath towels were super tiny and about as soft as 8 grit sandpaper. They don't provide any bath conditioner and the room doesn't even have an iron.

Now the breakfast....this will of course vary from different Days Inn, but it's usually fairly standard. This place though is really weak. There's coffee, OJ, toast, cereal and a few danishes. Very cheap stuff though. So at least they provide something, but there is no place to eat it as it's just on this little table in the office area and there's one couch that sits three. Pretty weak if you ask me.

One more thing... the downside to staying right by the park is the fireworks are just outside and are VERY LOUD. I mean shake the room loud. For adults it might not matter, but if you have children...beware..

I will not be staying here again, but as I said. If you don't care about amenities as much and just want cheap, then go for it.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple