“Nice resort hotel”

Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Roseville, California
“Nice resort hotel”
Reviewed 11 May 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights attending a IT convention adjacent to the hotel. The hotel, pool, restaurant buildings & landscaping maintenance was the best. All plants and walkways were always tidy with no signs of neglect. Never saw any workers during the day time. Everything must be done at night. The rooms were slightly above average. Everything worked. No issues like poor water drainage, poor water pressure or toilet problems. Disney people were always polite & friendly. Lucky we got convention rates otherwise it would not be a good value considering all the fees added to the room rate. Would not stay here if regular room rates were charged. Not a good value.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jack Z

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (857)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2012

My mom and I go to Disneyland every year and usually stay at the Paradise Pier, but when there was no availability there we decided to try the Disneyland Hotel. We booked at their lowest rate with a parking lot view, but when my mom told them I was being surprised by my boyfriend for him to propose to me, they upgraded us to a larger room with an amazing view (hidden in the trees with a view of the old waterfall area) at no extra charge!

We got engaged at the rose garden, which was quite private first thing in the morning :)

The new room renovations were great and made the hotel feel a lot classier and cleaner than it used to. Although none of the Disney hotels feel upper end, this one is by far the most modern feeling.

The only annoyance was that the farthest tower is a really long walk to get every where, but the advantage is that it is much quieter around that tower and still pretty close to the monorail.

We preferred the dining options outside of the hotel as most of the restaurants there were a little pricey or not to our tastes. A quick walk across the road to the snack bar at the Grand Californian is highly recommended for breakfast!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank girlguitarist
oklahma city
Reviewed 8 May 2012

First let me explain that Disneyland hotel was very clean and had great service.

My main complaint is that Disney spent millions of dollars remodeling this hotel but didn't bother to put any type on noise proofing inside of the walls. The family next door was loud. I could hear a kid screaming and I suppose the parents didn't do anything. I finally banged on the wall with my fist and things suddenly got a bit more quiet. At 3 a.m. I heard the couple arguing in the bathroom. Also, I could hear everyone use the toilet because I could hear the toilet flush every time it was used. I could also hear everytime somone left their room because you could hear the door when it would close.

The pool was supposedly heated but I suddenly realized why all the kids weren't swimming and were sitting in the hot tubs. The water was freezing.

As I stated earlier, the hotel staff was nice and service was good but I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: If all rooms like the Fantasy Tower are not noise proof, then pick another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank JediAmber
USA
Reviewed 8 May 2012 via mobile

We visit Disneyland several times a year and decided to splurge and spend one night at the Disneyland Hotel. It was pure magic! The hotel was beautiful and impeccably clean! I was disappointed to have to pay $15 a night for parking. We were paying $300 a night, get free parking at Disneyland for being annual pass holders but still had to pay hotel parking???

Due to the weather we didn't use the pool, but enjoyed the ambience of the hotel. I'm happy we finally spent the money to stay on property. If we found a good deal we would return, but wouldn't pay $300 a night again.

• Stayed May 2012
3 Thank Jason C
Longmont, CO
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for a conference and was pleasently surprised by the overall property. The rooms were recently renovated and very clean and comfortable. The property was very close to all the dining and shopping in Downtown Disney and the pool looked great although I did not try it. Most only complaint is that the walk from self parking to my room took 5-10 minutes, but valet was available if you didn't want to walk for only a few bucks more.

Room Tip: I heard about this after I traveled, but apparently there is a fireworks and stars function to the n...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 7 May 2012

The newly remodeled (as of Christmas 2011) Disneyland Hotel is an absolute gem-- forgetting for one moment that my wife and I are big Disney fans, this hotel complex simply meets every possible expectation for a first class hotel. Amazingly helpful staff that go the extra mile; excellent rooms with the nicest possible furnishings-- everything from high thread count sheets to an assortment of pillows to Egyptian cotton bathrobes. Special note goes to the soundproofing upgrades-- the building itself dates to the 1950's, but aside from the architecture, you wouldn't know it-- our room was next to the elevator and facing the pool, but we did not hear a thing-- the soundproofing is that good. On-site restaurants are generally very good, and we plumped for the "character breakfast" at Goofy's Kitchen, where costumed cast from the park made it a point to stop by all tables and interact (we had Goofy, Chip of Chip & Dale, Rafiki of the Lion King, and Pluto all come on by and clown around-- and we were a child free table). Access to the park and Downtown Disney retail area are only a few hundred yards away. Looking for "Hidden Mickeys" (Mickey Mouse's head design, subtle and otherwise) was great sport, and they are plentiful. Quibbles? Minimal at best-- you know ahead of time that it will be pricey, so that doesn't enter the equation. We had a room with a king size mattress, and we did not find it that small unlike other reviewers here. The 2 main elevators seemed a tick slow, but that's all I can think of, and that's pushing it. Check out was amazingly quick, and the concierge even offered to print out our airplane boarding passes and store our luggage without prompting. I've been to a lot of hotels around the world, but the Disneyland Hotel is a "top 3" for me.

Room Tip: - If you plan to use a cab to get to the hotel from any area Airport, see if you can get the desk st...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Saabguy-503
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We travel to disneyland 2-3 times a year. It is expensive for a family of four to stay at the disneyland hotels but if you want conveinience then this is your place. My family and I spent alot of time at the pool. We had poolside service, we love our cocktails while the kids swim so that was awesome. I can honestly say we spent more time at the pool than disneyland. Highly reccommended for more than a 4 day stay where you don't mind spending a day at the hotel and not the park. At the end of the day if price is not an issue and you want something family friendly this is your place. I would rather save our money and stay here than a cheaper hotel on the strip next time.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family