“Magical Disneyland !!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Magical Disneyland !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2013

Disneyland Hotel ...wow !! What A Wonderful experience Staying At The Disneyland Hotel Anaheim USA... I Recently Enjoyed A Ten Night stay Along With 5 Family Members, The Rooms are Really Nice, spacious With A Luxurious Feel , Excellent Views, friendly staff, Special Mention Of Our Housekeeper Pilar Who Did A Great Job Keeping Our Rooms Clean and Tidy And Also Was Extremely Helpful And friendly. . We thoroughly Enjoyed meals at Goofys Kitchen, The disney character's adding That Extra Special experience especially For My Two little Nieces !!! The Hotel Grounds Are spacious Lush And Green , The Swimming Pools And water slides Excellent!, To Be In The Disney Resort Grounds absolutely fantastic , Just A Stroll To Disneyland And California adventure! ! Such A Magical Time Enjoyed By Us All..a BIG thank you To Disneyland Hotel..

2 Thank Lorraine T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for four days during a work conference event. I found the hotel to be nicely appointed, clean, modern and perfect for adults and children alike. I do not have children and fully expected this to be crowded with screaming children and cartoons everywhere. I was pleasantly surprised to find the resort to be geared toward both older and younger crowds. This was an excellent location for business conferences and we had fantastic meeting spaces. The food was well prepared and our conference was excellent. The staff were so helpful and eager to assist. The swimming pool grounds are nice and I very much enjoyed drinks by the pool. It was convenient to spend time in Downtown Disney with all of the attractions. This was a very nice trip and I was impressed with the facilities. I'd love to return again for another business trip!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank carlabella16
None
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

The hotel is in a good location at the entrance to downtown Disney. The rooms, at least in the main tower, have been remodeled. I like staying in the main tower as the other towers are a bit of a hike. Try to get a pool facing view as its better than the parking lot. Although the front facing view has a peek of the Matterhorn and other Disneyland rides.

Room Tip: Get a pool view room for the best view. If you want a peek view of the Disneyland rides get a front...
1 Thank Travelleraroundthewo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

This trip was was a celebration of childhood and Disney impressed in spades.

We stayed in a premium concierge room in the fantasy tower overlooking downtown disney and the parks and were treated to a fantastic view of the Saturday night fireworks.

The room was newly fitted and clean if not a little on the small side, but was enough for the three of us.

We had dinner in goofy's kitchen where it was a joy to watch our son and used the e-ticket lounge for continental breakfast, which we found pretty basic.

There was a coffee shop where you can buy a coffee made from an espresso machine, although, like everywhere in the parks they just can't seem to make a decent coffee with a good crema. (Best just set the bar low and enjoy the things disney does well)

It was a short walk to the Disneyland parks through downtown disney and having the magic morning available to get into the parks an hour early ahead of the hordes was excellent.

The swimming pools and water slide complex was a great place to retire to in the mid afternoon before venturing out in the early evening for dinner and a play in the parks or downtown disney.

The service was excellent and the entire experience of an extremely high calibre. Not for the budget minded though.

2 Thank George P
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

I live close to Anaheim and enjoy coming to the Disneyland parks often. Although the hotels are a bit pricey most of the year, I always manage to get at least one stay every year because it is too much fun. It is cleverly located its pools (perfect for families) with, in my opinion, awesome water slides and hardly seems crowded. It is also a short distance from the restaurants and the famous Disneyland Park itself. The rooms are spacious and include a display of "fireworks" in the middle of the room by the beds which I thought was just too cool. The concierge is also highly recommended because of the up to par snacks/and resting lounge perfect for after all of that fun at the park. All my life I have been exposed Disney and these hotels (including the Grand Californian and Paradise Pier) truly make me feel the magic has been incorporated straight out of the place! It brings out the child in all of us!

2 Thank Sofia C
Tacoma, WA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013

We stayed here over Thanksgiving 2012 in the Fantasy Tower. We opted for a 2Q room for our family of four - slightly cramped but I just didn't want to pay for the larger suite options. The pool area was fantastic, of course Goofy's Kitchen is a favorite, and they actually have a coffee shop that makes a decent latte (without the huge line at the only coffee shop in Downtown Disney). Being able to take advantage of early entrance/Magic Hours is why we stay onsite (especially during a holiday season), but you have to get up pretty early to be walking through the gates an hour before opening - 7am in November. We were happy with our stay and will probably stay there again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Hambug
Beverly Hills, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013

As most travelers to Disneyland, I came in with the expectation to have a nice time in a comfortable hotel. Check in started out wonderfully. The front desk attendant, Karen, was very warm and accommodating.

We entered our room and I called room service to order lunch. I was on hold for twenty minutes. I called from my mobile phone and was placed on hold as well, got exasperated and hung up my cell phone, and waited and waited. Finally someone picked up and said there were a lot of people calling, which was a lie at 11 am on a Friday. I think whoever answered that phone was just on a mental break.

I found a lot of that here, people on mental breaks. It was annoying. Service was slow. The room service attendant dropped the cart off at the front of the door and said I could roll it in myself.
The room service menu is very limited and my Cobb Salad was brought up without dressing. The person who finally brought up dressing told me it was because I didn't ask for dressing. Well, usually a salad comes with some kind of dressing or a waiter asks. That's how they earn their tips. It's not up to me to make their job easier.

Our keys stopped working halfway through our stay so we had to call down for another key and wait. The front desk attendant told me I had been checked out aand that's why the key didn't work. Umm, okay. How was that my fault? Was I supposed to magically know this and come get the key from her before I tried to enter my room?

We called downstairs for a toothbrush and the person who came up smelled like one of those spices and that smell was on everything he touched, so I had to wash the toothbrushes and toothpaste so they didn't smell similar to urine. At first, I thought it was urine. I don't mean to be insensitive, but if someone has bad hygiene for whatever reason they shouldn't be working near guests.

There was dried pee on the entrance door to the bathroom.

Rides stopped working or were delayed. Even the monorail stopped working, the New Orleans train station was closed and I had to walk across the park to get to other attractions. With a four year old and a six year old, that wasn't easy. We were relying on the train to maneuver our way around the park. The park doesn't have twin strollers only singles so there was no point in renting, but there was nothing on the Disneyland website to inform us that the train was closed or I would have brought my own stroller. The genius who checked us in to the park took eons and forgot to properly scan my card, so I couldn't get any fast passes.

At Blue Bayou, guests who walked in were seated before those who had a reservation. When I inquired about this, the host said it was based on the wait time quoted to walk ins, which didn't make any sense at all. Once again, management was very helpful and offered something, but all I wanted back was the time I spent waiting and of course, she couldn't give that back.

This accurately reflects what is going on today; there is a pervasive third world mentality that provides a minimal amount of service and effort and yet expects high compensation. We can see it in the increased prices to stay at hotels, go to amusement parks, and dine out. Yet somehow everyone is okay with this? I certainly am not. Disneyland has the market cornered with their location, and the pool is fun, too, but I think next time I'm going to stay at a better run hotel like the Hyatt.

• Stayed May 2013