“A Great Way to Experience Disneyland” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #18 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Geelong
“A Great Way to Experience Disneyland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you really want to experience being in a magical place for a few days, then spend a bit more and stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The accommodation is as good as you could want – beds comfortable, clean rooms and prompt service and help from the staff – but it is the outside world you really came to see and experience. The pool area is a great start; with Trader Joe’s at its centre providing the adult drinks should you require them. It is a short walk to Downtown Disneyland where you can find all manner of eateries and shops. You can take the monorail from there to the theme parks or walk to them in a matter of minutes. Better still, you can go back to the hotel for a nap or a swim and return to the parks for some of the special events such as the World of Colour or the fireworks. Yes, it is more expensive but, unless you are a whinging nit-picker, you will enjoy actually being in Disneyland for a few days. I will never forget it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Russell C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

I will preface this by saying I have little patience and dislike mob like crowds - so Disneyland is probably not the place for me - but we decided to take our young kids to Disneyland and give it a shot.

We got a one bedroom suite in the frontier tower - we got on the top floor which is great - on the frontier tower you have a great view of the fireworks which has been the highlight of our trip.

Big cons - absolutely no customer service here. I spent 50 minutes on hold trying to call for room service. I called the front desk, the dining line, the room service line - and I didn't speak to one live person. Everything automated.

Not very Disney like in the rooms. Rooms Are very spacious and nicely updated - but it looks like a hilton. No significant decorations or feel to the room that distinguishes this hotel from any other 3 star hotel in Anaheim.

Still a 10 to 15 minute walk through a very crowded disneytown to get to the parks .... And did I mention I paid over 800 bucks a night for the suite?

Definitely not worth the money - not a special experience, poor customer service and no where convenient to get food unless you define convenient being waiting an hour for room service to pick up then giving up and waiting another hour to get food at the sandwich restaurant next door.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank BigLeagueC
Yuba City, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My husband was here for work and we (myself and our 3 kids) came along. First off I must say that I'm glad that we didn't pay to stay at this hotel because I would be highly disappointed and feel ripped off. Check in was easy and they were very informative and polite. The outside and inside of the Hotel are impressive and beautiful and it makes you feel all excited and happy inside because you know you're about to enjoy Disneyland. Our room was in the Frontier Tower which was the furthest Tower from the hotel entrance and our window faced a parking lot so the view wasn't good at all. The room was small, clean, and quite. The beds were full size but comfortable especially after 11 hour days at Disneyland (maybe I was just exhausted). The mini fridge was a mini mini fridge and there are no microwaves which I believe is done on purpose so you buy food from their over priced restaurants. The coffee maker is a single or double cup maker. The parking lot is very long walk away and they charge $15 per day for self parking $22 for valet. For $400 per night hotel parking should be included as well as a microwave. Over all I'm thankful that my husbands employer gave him the opportunity to experience this hotel but unless we get a free stay here again we will never come back because it is very over priced. We have stayed at the Embassy and Homewood Suites while visiting Disneyland and are more impressed with their service, quality, convenience, and amenities. Even the Hampton was comparable to the Disneyland Hotel's quality and we paid under $100/night. I must say that their pool is exceptional and my kids really enjoyed it. Also we seen Goofy walking around the main lobby on one of the days which was pretty awesome. My husband seen about 6 characters in the pool area one of the days also. Besides the location and the pool this hotel is just average.

Room Tip: Request to stay in the Adventure Tower, it has the best views. Pool view or Downtown Disney view.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Isisg81
Winchester, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We didn't spend much time in the room, but it was clean and spacious. Check in was incredibly slow and the person helping us was not particularly friendly. We were down graded in view and ended up with a parking lot view. No apologies or explanations. No wiggle room either. That's just the way it was. No big deal as, I mentioned, we didn't spend that much time in the room, however the outside windows were really dirty and made our parking lot view even worse! That being said, the location and proximity to Downtown Disney was worth it. Would we go back? Maybe.

Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

We booked a 2 bedroom suite and had to prepay the very expensive rate, as are the rules ($5,000 for 3 nights and a 4 day hopper pass for 2 adults and 1 child). I now understand why. Once they have your money they don't care at all. We arrived at 4pm to our room not ready yet and when it finally was, we were in a back corner overlooking a carpark (the furthest room away from Disneyland park even though I requested to be close months ago) After speaking with 2 very unhelpful people on reception, another guy showed us two standard connecting rooms, next to the vending and ice machines but closer to the park. We took these, due to their closer proximity to the park, however all we were refunded was $300 total.

I cannot fault the cleanliness of the room, the cleaning staff do a good job, it's the front of house staff that let this place down. Not helpful or customer focused at all.

This was our final stop on a three week trip and the Disneyland Hotel was by far the most expensive and by far the WORST hotel of all. Disneyland has lost it's charm and it is quite obvious to me that all it stands for these days is to make money (and lots of it)

Buyer beware!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank SophieBee
Jamestown, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for one night in March 2014. The bed and pillows in the room were extremely comfortable, and I was impressed by how quiet the room was. We were right next to an ice machine, but the bedroom area was set so far back from the door that we didn't hear a thing all night. The room was clean, the toiletries nice, and the staff was friendly. The hotel is very convenient to Downtown Disney and all the restaurants there, as well as the parks. We'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank rcmann
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My recent experience at the Disneyland hotel truly exceeded expectations. The room was a pool-view King room in the tower closest to Downtown Disney. It appeared to be newly-remodeled and was small, but comfortable,. It was immaculately clean, with a TV, fridge, coffee-maker, safe, and various Mickey toiletries. The bed was so comfortable, I am on a quest to find out how to buy a similar mattress. They have turndown service, which I have never understood, but I guess that's a sign of a classy hotel. The housekeepers did a nice job, and even left extra coffee packets after the first day when they must have noticed how many cups I used. A nice surprise was that it was very quiet in the area around my room throughout the stay---not a single screaming child was heard. If the hotel staff did this intentionally, it was greatly appreciated. Another delight was that the room had a standard thermostat/AC/heater system rather than the terribly loud one at most hotels. The grounds were pretty, with some nice plants and secluded sitting areas in a addition to the family-friendly pool. Trader Sam's was a nice place to relax. Only tried the overpriced breakfast oatmeal cakes (?), which were awful. Seriously, it's Disney---just get a churro for breakfast and run rampant on your sugar high. (The nearby Earl of Sandwich has great breakfast options too). It was a quick walk from the hotel to Downtown Disney and the Monorail Entrance, which is a great way to get into the park with less walking. The process for checking in to the hotel was a bit frustrating because it was busy and it took a while to get each party's tickets, room, parking, etc sorted out. The hotel parking was expensive and not very close to the entrance. If anyone from Disney is reading this, you could make tired travelers a lot happier while checking in if you offered water and maybe a small snack during busy times. Or better yet, put a Dole Whip cart in the lobby!

Room Tip: Adventure tower has a back entrance that leads right to Downtown Disney for less walking.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends