“More Magic”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #20 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just had to add sharing with the grand kids a trip to Disneyland after three Spring Breaks at Disney World. So glad we did this.

The Hotel is different and better than the Disneyland Hotel visited in the 80's. I had mixed feelings about moving the hotels back away in the resort away from the parks, but by the time we left we realized how much we enjoyed the casual walk though Down Town Disney at night with the shops, but especially all of varieties of live music worth stopping and listening to. It felt so very safe for the kids and yet surrounded by the city.

The hotel room was as promised with a day bed and two queens that were extraordinarily comfortable. The teens enjoyed the headboards and all of the various Mickey touches throughout the room and the grounds.

Helpful staff is never far away and waiting to assist with whatever is needed. We appreciated the whole experience.

Room Tip: Talk with the staff about all of the possibilities. You might even consider asking for a special oc...
1  Thank vince66226
Write a ReviewReviews (2,989)

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Ok so i have never stayed at a Disneyland resort hotel, only Walt Disney World but i must say it was an amazing experience. I only wish i had more money because i will never enjoy myself at any other hotel unless it's Disney.

My whole experience was fantastic. The rooms were spotless, the beds were extremely comfortable, bathroom, shower and water pressure were all top notch! What i really fell in love with was the new headboard with fiber optic fireworks display about a machined out Sleeping Beauty castle. The attention to detail not only in the rooms but the entire hotel is fantastic. In the rooms the contrast between the blue windows, carpets and decorative pillow goes beautifully with the tan wallpaper and white sheets. the furniture and all handles in the room are of top quality. Solid wood, real steel are what make up the dressers and fixtures.

The 4 pools are also fantastic. although it was a little too cold to go swimming, my wife and i lounged by the pool on the new chase lounges. They have comfortable furniture all around the resort that you can just sit and enjoy all the beautiful landscape.

The restaurants located at the hotel are also great! I really loved the new Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar and the Tangaroa Terrace eateries. At night they are especially cozy with the tiki torches and outside seating by the pool.

What really made my trip here magical was the staff. Our check in person wasn't what i would consider Disney Quality. At the All Stay Movie's resort at Walt Disney World they say to you "welcome home" when they greet you, he simply said "checking in". It seemed like we were bothering him by checking in, not to mention his breath was REALLY BAD! But he was the only bad apple in the bushel. Everyone else was so friendly and kind, always smiling and saying hello.

I especially loved one of the maids who when i asked her if a lot of people took those blue pillows, she gives me four of the sham pillow covers with the Mickey heads embroidered in them! I am sure it wasn't allowed but it made my kids so happy even though we were leaving!

Definitely stay here over the Paradise pier unless you are on a budget. I also prefer this hotel over the Grand Californian even though i haven't stayed there yet. There is just something about this hotel that is so magical, i don't know what it is but i plan on staying here long enough to find out!

Room Tip: if you plan on staying in a standard view room be sure to request the Fantasy tour. that had THE BES...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sean O
Reviewed 3 April 2014

It's been a life-long dream to stay here. I only stayed one night (Adventure Tower), but really enjoyed the experience. The place is beautiful, simply beautiful. You are totally immersed in all things Disney when you stay here, as opposed to a hotel offsite. It's expensive, but you are paying for the location and the amenities. If you are a true Disney fan, you need to stay here at least once.

Room Tip: Adventure Tower, Downtown Disney side, as high as possible
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank twillis591
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

Amazing! Like I said you have to try this hotel at least once in your life to get the true Disney experience! I have stayed a few times here and love it.....I've been pre and post renovations. The new monorail slides are a favorite with my son!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Disneyfanatik
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The only reason I did not rate this experience as a 1 is because of the convenience of being able to travel back and forth between our hotel room and the parks, however with that being said, I was VERY disappointed in what we received in relation to what we paid. First off, on the web-site they lead you to believe that you will enjoy a Disney experience that is second to none. WRONG, the rooms are not THAT much different than any other nearby hotel other than the decorative pillows on each bed and the shampoo and conditioner having Disney on the label. It took us over and hour for us to have our luggage brought up, even though my 27 year old son told the bell service representative that he could bring our things up at the time we loaded them on the cart. We were told that the carts ARE NOT ALLOWED to be out of a bellhop's sight. So when our bags were finally brought up, my husband, my son & myself were made to feel extremely uncomfortable by a bellhop who stood in our room for over 5 minutes, obviously waiting for a tip, even though we made it very clear that we had no cash on any of us at that time. Even my 4 year old grand daughter said "why is he staying in our room Nana?". The next morning we decided to take our Grand daughter to Goofy's Kitchen for breakfast because she had yet to have any kind of REAL Disney experience. As far as the character experience goes this was great fun for her, BUT the price is OUTRAGEOUS. We paid $100 for my husband, grand daughter & myself for a breakfast buffet that was sprinkled with Disney characters. The pool is decent however it is NO WHERE near the size they lead you to believe it is. All in all, my Grand daughter had a good time at Disneyland but for what we spent on the Disneyland Hotel experience we could have done A LOT more with the money. My advice, stay at a nice nearby hotel and take a shuttle to the parks and use your money to enjoy your time more wisely.

Room Tip: Stay at a nearby hotel for 1/4 of the price
3  Thank Tanya P
Reviewed 1 April 2014

our vacation was magical!! we got a great deal online for 2 night and 3 days with hopper tickets for both parks, premium dinner, extra magical hour for both parks every day and souvenirs for all five of us $2300 dlls.. It was worth every dime spend!!! the hotel, the convenience to the park entrance and the restaurant , exceeded our expectations. Despite that it was a very busy spring break weekend we had a very easy access to the parks without having to wait long lines... we really enjoy the extra Magical hour before the park opens to the public. the staff were great and helpful.. In the hotel we stayed at the adventure tower facing the pool.. not a big deal after spending all day at the park...the room was spacious and Super clean (which was my main concern as a mom).. we celebrated our daughter's 17th birthday with a special dinner at goofy's kitchen inside the resort and it was great!! the food was delicious, we enjoy the characters, and the staff make the celebration very special!!!....like i said before it was more than we expected!!

Room Tip: adventure tower is great!
1  Thank Raquel8135
Reviewed 30 March 2014

If you really want to experience being in a magical place for a few days, then spend a bit more and stay at the Disneyland Hotel. The accommodation is as good as you could want – beds comfortable, clean rooms and prompt service and help from the staff – but it is the outside world you really came to see and experience. The pool area is a great start; with Trader Joe’s at its centre providing the adult drinks should you require them. It is a short walk to Downtown Disneyland where you can find all manner of eateries and shops. You can take the monorail from there to the theme parks or walk to them in a matter of minutes. Better still, you can go back to the hotel for a nap or a swim and return to the parks for some of the special events such as the World of Colour or the fireworks. Yes, it is more expensive but, unless you are a whinging nit-picker, you will enjoy actually being in Disneyland for a few days. I will never forget it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends