“Not worth the price!”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #22 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall, I was pretty disappointed by the Disneyland Hotel, given the exorbitant price. We had been encouraged to stay at one of the much cheaper suite hotels close by, but we thought being close to Disneyland would be really key. But, you're not really that close.
I had thought, given the price, that the hotel would be very nice. It's quite average, outdated. I thought it was going to be a very "Disney experience" - characters all around, etc. Only saw Goofy. The pool was not that exciting. I mean, it's nice, but I've certainly seen better pools. Plus, on the weekends there are NO seats available. So if you're getting this hotel in part because of the pool, you can't even really use it!
When we were checked in, the person at the front desk told us not to bother with the Monorail. "It's too crowded, it's not air conditioned. We are only a 10 minute walk away!" And I was like "but being next to the Monorail was one of the main reasons we decided to stay here!" I had envisioned that we would be in and out of the park all day, taking advantage of our convenient locale. But really, we could have walked out the front gate and gotten on a shuttle to a different hotel. With Disneyland Hotel, you have to make the 10 minute walk through Downtown Disney every time. We also thought the Magic Hour was a big selling point, but shlepping over to California Adventure at 6:45 AM (which was the only park available to us for magic hour on the days we were there) was just not happening.
So if you are thinking of staying here for 1) convenient location, 2) great pool, and 3) any semblance of luxury (I mean, it's about $500 a night!), think again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kristi224

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been a disney fan for years. Held a premium annual pass for over 10 years my family has gone to disneyland atleast monthly. My daughter was celebrating her 9th birthday this past weekend and the only thing she wanted for her birthday was to stay one night at a disneyland resort.

On arrival the front desk clerk who checked me in took over 30 minutes. There was a girl scout group that arrived after I did checked into 4 ROOMS and was done before I was. At this point I was irritated.Our room wasnt ready being that this was 8am in the morning we wanted our room keys for the early magic hour experience at disneyland. But she came out saying, " Congratulations you have been chosen as the MAGIC FAMILY". I was excited so was the kids thinking hey this is cool she gave us a pamphlet with a certificate, and inviting us to the E CLUB the premier club on the top level to watch fireworks and have dessert. We were pretty excited to have to opportunity to experience this.

We were able to get our rooms at 1pm and another clerk again congratulated us and provided us with an upgraded room which was a 2 double queen room with a downtown disney view which was amazing. Rooms were clean, bathrooms roomy, and beds were comfortable. The pool is extremely crowded. Good luck finding a chair. Your best bet is to rent a cabana if you can. Don't think its relaxing theres kids jumping and splashing in the jacuzzi and running all over. Which is to be expected it is a disney resort.

So the time has come and we go upstairs to go to the eclub where the kids wanted to watch the fireworks that they were promised on arrival....ULTIMATE FAIL...
since they gave us an upgrade we werent allowed in the eclub according to the clerk at the eclub counter. He said that they have new employees and that we werent allowed in the room.
Getting rejected to get in the club -

Don't get me wrong our family was excited to get the upgrade but then humiliated when we went to the club. We were able to watch the fireworks from our room and made the best of it.

Disney....talk to your employees and don't let them tell you things especially in front of your kids when you don't go with your promises.

Room Tip: take advantage of the magic hour at the theme parks. We finished the whole park in the morning then...
5  Thank bel619
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I took my daughter here when she was 7! Prior to the trip, she was so excited and so happy. We had 3 nights in this hotel, and everything was just "Perfect". Great rooms, very comfortable, great friendly service. The happiness I saw on my daughter's face all those 3 days were amazing. She was crying the last night because she did not want to go. So this hotel will always be a very special place for us as this was the first Disneyland experience. I am grateful that I was able to take my daughter there. I hope to take her back there next year. I would highly recommend it as we have throughly enjoyed our stay there. It was " Magical ". Memories created to last a life time...

Ken

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A One of a Kind Location and Experience. There is no Place on Earth Like a Disneyland Wedding. From the Outside "Rose Garden" To the Food, Not to Mention seeing Your Daughter Arrive Like Cinderella in a Horse Drawn Crystal Coach (including glass slipper). You can stay at any of the Three Hotels. We Stayed at the "Disneyland Hotel", and were very impressed From the valet to housekeeping, All staff members were swift and courteous. Don't pass up the opportunity to sample room service offerings, all our meals arrived hot and the prices are very reasonable. This Particular hotel has a great pool area with slide and kids were in it day and night. Lifeguard service was ever vigilant and present.

1  Thank Rich_N_Deb
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I decided to take our children (3 yrs and 9 month, respectively) and my mother in law to Disneyland over Memorial Day weekend. We were able to book one of the last rooms at this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Pros:
Proximity to Disneyland, Disney CA Adventure, and Downtown Disney-This is very important as we had small children and a double stroller.
Disney Characters present- My 3 year old loved seeing some the Disney Characters that visited the hotel lobby. We went to Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast with the Characters and the shear fact that it was in the hotel made it SUPER easy!
Pool-We didn't get a chance to swim but we walked through the grounds prior to checking in and the pools and water slide looked very well maintained and a lot of fun!
Noise Level- I'm sure we weren't the only people with small children...that being said, the rooms must be sound proof!

Cons:
This is pretty minor but the hotel room could use a bit of a facelift. It doesn't look bad...just a bit dated.
The cleaning lady didn't take out our trash- I found this odd as Disney is known for there superb customer service. We didn't make a stink (no pun intended) about it because the rest of the room was on par.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank teamspears2010
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have stayed at this hotel as well as the Grand Californian Hotel many times. This one has always been our favorite until now. What a bummer. It took us three hours to check in. They gave us the worst rooms, in the worst tower (frontier), facing a generator. We had made reservations a year ahead of time for a three bedroom suite and included the E ticket lounge for $250extra/night. Luckily a cast member named Garrett saved us by finally moving us to the Fantasy Tower facing the pool like we had asked. Even though we paid the extra for the E ticket lounge they still put us in a different tower which meant down one elevator, walk outside and up another elevator. Strange. It's just a bummer when you are told there are no options and then later find out there are options but you have to be the squeaky wheel and sometimes I just don't want to.

One of the rooms in the Frontier tower wasn't cleaned when they told us we could check in (yuck) and the garbage was not emptied in the new rooms we got in the Fantasy tower (ugh).

Unfortunately the overall feeling this visit was that all the cast members seemed very unhappy. Not sure if there is something going on behind the scenes but it felt that way. Not very magical. Cast members at desk in E ticket lounge were dismissive and cold. People that looked after food and tables were nice. Just weird vibe. Such a bummer!

We are staying at the Best Western Park Place Inn directly across from the entrance in June. Obviously much cheaper, closer than Disneyland Hotel to entrance, and got great reviews on tripadivsor. We shall see.

Pros: Disney feel in every tower, pool is nice, Trader Sam's tiki bar is very small but fun, near monorail in DTD, E ticket lounge has great view of DTD and fireworks,

Cons: Frontier tower feels very removed from rest of hotel, don't like how none of the towers are connected, E ticket lounge has no variety of food from day to day (get sick of it pretty fast plus left messy a lot of the time with other guests food and plates left on tables), pool service very slow, elevators in Fantasy Tower a joke (literally packed full 'cause they took so long and then for some reason they would stop on every floor on the way down. Everyone annoyed), coffee shop downstairs doesn't stay open past 11am, just not a good feeling from all cast members working there (except for my "friend" forever Garrett)

Room Tip: We like pool view, Downtown Disney side too noisy with bands playing late at night, Frontier Tower f...
2  Thank wsissel
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Yes, it is very expensive, but you are paying for the experience and the magic that goes with it. Spent 3 nights with my husband and 3 kids. I upgraded to the Concierge Level, and was very nice to able to sit and have a glass of wine to watch the fireworks show.

I found the entire staff very nice, and very helpful.

Room Tip: Concierge Level room worth the money if you are traveling with kids, they are very generous with the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family