“Modern and Classy”
Review of Disneyland Hotel

Disneyland Hotel
Ranked #19 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim

Okay,
First off, I have stayed at The Grand Californian a few times and let me tell ya: NOTHING is nicer than this one. Yes, the Grand Californian has a BEAUTIFUL lobby...but the rooms...nothing to write home about.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland! Yes, I'm one of those. It doesn't matter - I know I'm coming here and spending outrageous amounts of money on bottled water, pretzels shaped like MIckey's, and yes: HOTEL ROOMS. So, get used to it. However, when I come back from The Magic Kingdom, I want to relax LIKE AN ADULT~ and I'M SO GLAD that I gave this hotel a try. The shape of the actual hotel is cubic and streamlined. I loved the minimalist approach to the hotel lobby with classy hints and touches that are pure Disney: Tea Cups for seats in the main lobby, a framed old map of Disneyland of the past, and gorgeous classy chandeliers. What a treat!
I read many reviews of this property before deciding on WHERE to actually stay. And, you guys were right: THE ADVENTURE TOWER is the place to stay. It is the closest tower to Downtown Disney and we had a view of the pools from our room("UPPER LEVEL POOL VIEW").
I loved the layout of this resort. Once we finished with check in we made our way out towards the pool area and rolled our bags to the first building on the left - The Adventure Tower. The building are themed so it was a nice touch to see an old "Adventure Land" poster/painting in the lobby of this building.
Our room was GORGEOUS!! So much nicer than The Grand Californian could ever hope for. The headboards were extraordinary! It is a view of the Fireworks at Disneyland and when you turn on the light near your bed - The lights on the headboard turn on, a Disney themed song plays for a minute, and you remember why this place is so magical.
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but the design in the carpet is elegantly shaped like MICKEY'S!! Really, Disney? You sly dogs! I caught that! The bathroom is just as elegant with black marbled sinks and silver knobs (yes, more Disney shapes)....you gotta love this place.
THE BEDS WERE SO COMFORTABLE after a day of walking around the park you just collapse into them and are whisked into a deep, lovely sleep, and we didn't hear a peep from anything outside that room (from the hallway or the pool area).
What a magical experience. And, by the way, it is CHEAPER than the Grand Californian. My advice, save a few bucks and stay here. Yeah, you have to walk a bit longer to get to the front gates of Disneyland but it's so worth it.
One thing I will tell you and I've seen it in other reviews: THERE IS NO WATER PRESSURE in the shower as they have a water saver head installed. So, plan to spend a lot of time in there to wet your hair! Also, come on Disney: GIVE US SOME MORE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! The bottles are ENTIRELY TOO SMALL for anyone's head of hair! It's just really ridiculous that they can't get larger bottles for the price we pay for the rooms. But, darn it! I'm at Disney and I will be happy NO MATTER WHAT!

Room Tip: Choose the Upper Level Pool View in The Adventure Tower. You are too far from anything to get a good...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mcb1999
There are newer reviews for Disneyland Hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel overnight so that we can take our grandchildren to the park and take advantage of the extra Magic Hour early in the morning. We checked into the hotel and it was a mad house. We had to wait for over 20 minutes just to pre-register for the stay. It is a week day and summer has not even begun yet! They did have a nice waiting area for the little ones to watch TV shows while adults wait in line just to talk to someone at the counter.

The hotel is in a great location. It only took us 5 minutes to walk out of the hotel through downtown Disney to take the monorail directly into Tomorrowland. Again, it's not summer yet and the park is already very crowded. The wait for Dumbo was over 30 minutes.

We came back to the hotel after a long day at the park to our one bedroom suite. The room was clean but dated. The lighting in the two rooms were not bright, the remote on one of the TV did not work, and WIFi was very weak. We had to stand in certain part of the room just to get connected.

We got up early and had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We had to wait for a long time to be seated even though we had a reservation and the restaurant was empty. The buffet was good. There were plenty of options. Pluto, Alice in Wonderland, Chip from Chip and Dale, and the gennie from Aladdin were walking around the restaurant greeting the kids.

We got to the Monorail at 7:50. There was already a long line. When we arrived at Fantasyland at 8:10, the wait for Dumbo was 25 minute. We are not sure how this could have happened. The extra Magic Hour is definitely overrated. We stayed overnight at the hotel for the early entry to the park and some how the wait for all the rides were all just as long.

2  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall, I was pretty disappointed by the Disneyland Hotel, given the exorbitant price. We had been encouraged to stay at one of the much cheaper suite hotels close by, but we thought being close to Disneyland would be really key. But, you're not really that close.
I had thought, given the price, that the hotel would be very nice. It's quite average, outdated. I thought it was going to be a very "Disney experience" - characters all around, etc. Only saw Goofy. The pool was not that exciting. I mean, it's nice, but I've certainly seen better pools. Plus, on the weekends there are NO seats available. So if you're getting this hotel in part because of the pool, you can't even really use it!
When we were checked in, the person at the front desk told us not to bother with the Monorail. "It's too crowded, it's not air conditioned. We are only a 10 minute walk away!" And I was like "but being next to the Monorail was one of the main reasons we decided to stay here!" I had envisioned that we would be in and out of the park all day, taking advantage of our convenient locale. But really, we could have walked out the front gate and gotten on a shuttle to a different hotel. With Disneyland Hotel, you have to make the 10 minute walk through Downtown Disney every time. We also thought the Magic Hour was a big selling point, but shlepping over to California Adventure at 6:45 AM (which was the only park available to us for magic hour on the days we were there) was just not happening.
So if you are thinking of staying here for 1) convenient location, 2) great pool, and 3) any semblance of luxury (I mean, it's about $500 a night!), think again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank kristi224
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been a disney fan for years. Held a premium annual pass for over 10 years my family has gone to disneyland atleast monthly. My daughter was celebrating her 9th birthday this past weekend and the only thing she wanted for her birthday was to stay one night at a disneyland resort.

On arrival the front desk clerk who checked me in took over 30 minutes. There was a girl scout group that arrived after I did checked into 4 ROOMS and was done before I was. At this point I was irritated.Our room wasnt ready being that this was 8am in the morning we wanted our room keys for the early magic hour experience at disneyland. But she came out saying, " Congratulations you have been chosen as the MAGIC FAMILY". I was excited so was the kids thinking hey this is cool she gave us a pamphlet with a certificate, and inviting us to the E CLUB the premier club on the top level to watch fireworks and have dessert. We were pretty excited to have to opportunity to experience this.

We were able to get our rooms at 1pm and another clerk again congratulated us and provided us with an upgraded room which was a 2 double queen room with a downtown disney view which was amazing. Rooms were clean, bathrooms roomy, and beds were comfortable. The pool is extremely crowded. Good luck finding a chair. Your best bet is to rent a cabana if you can. Don't think its relaxing theres kids jumping and splashing in the jacuzzi and running all over. Which is to be expected it is a disney resort.

So the time has come and we go upstairs to go to the eclub where the kids wanted to watch the fireworks that they were promised on arrival....ULTIMATE FAIL...
since they gave us an upgrade we werent allowed in the eclub according to the clerk at the eclub counter. He said that they have new employees and that we werent allowed in the room.
Getting rejected to get in the club -

Don't get me wrong our family was excited to get the upgrade but then humiliated when we went to the club. We were able to watch the fireworks from our room and made the best of it.

Disney....talk to your employees and don't let them tell you things especially in front of your kids when you don't go with your promises.

Room Tip: take advantage of the magic hour at the theme parks. We finished the whole park in the morning then...
5  Thank bel619
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I took my daughter here when she was 7! Prior to the trip, she was so excited and so happy. We had 3 nights in this hotel, and everything was just "Perfect". Great rooms, very comfortable, great friendly service. The happiness I saw on my daughter's face all those 3 days were amazing. She was crying the last night because she did not want to go. So this hotel will always be a very special place for us as this was the first Disneyland experience. I am grateful that I was able to take my daughter there. I hope to take her back there next year. I would highly recommend it as we have throughly enjoyed our stay there. It was " Magical ". Memories created to last a life time...

Ken

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014

A One of a Kind Location and Experience. There is no Place on Earth Like a Disneyland Wedding. From the Outside "Rose Garden" To the Food, Not to Mention seeing Your Daughter Arrive Like Cinderella in a Horse Drawn Crystal Coach (including glass slipper). You can stay at any of the Three Hotels. We Stayed at the "Disneyland Hotel", and were very impressed From the valet to housekeeping, All staff members were swift and courteous. Don't pass up the opportunity to sample room service offerings, all our meals arrived hot and the prices are very reasonable. This Particular hotel has a great pool area with slide and kids were in it day and night. Lifeguard service was ever vigilant and present.

1  Thank Rich_N_Deb
Reviewed 29 May 2014

My husband and I decided to take our children (3 yrs and 9 month, respectively) and my mother in law to Disneyland over Memorial Day weekend. We were able to book one of the last rooms at this hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
Pros:
Proximity to Disneyland, Disney CA Adventure, and Downtown Disney-This is very important as we had small children and a double stroller.
Disney Characters present- My 3 year old loved seeing some the Disney Characters that visited the hotel lobby. We went to Goofy's Kitchen for Breakfast with the Characters and the shear fact that it was in the hotel made it SUPER easy!
Pool-We didn't get a chance to swim but we walked through the grounds prior to checking in and the pools and water slide looked very well maintained and a lot of fun!
Noise Level- I'm sure we weren't the only people with small children...that being said, the rooms must be sound proof!

Cons:
This is pretty minor but the hotel room could use a bit of a facelift. It doesn't look bad...just a bit dated.
The cleaning lady didn't take out our trash- I found this odd as Disney is known for there superb customer service. We didn't make a stink (no pun intended) about it because the rest of the room was on par.

I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank teamspears2010