Disneyland Hotel
Good 3.5/5
  • Breakfast included
Great 4.5/5
3,065 results
All reviewsadventure towergoofy's kitchengrand californiantangaroa terracedisney touchestrader samswater slideshead boardmonorail slidehidden mickeysdisney magicmagical staymonorail stationmagic hourcharacter diningpool areamickey mouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel , over the gates to Disneyland in an amazing Disney themed room. As we checked in the music started and the characters of Disney came down the stairs.
What a great start to the holiday. The delight in the eyes of my daughter and nephew (and my wife) was worth every cent paid for the room.

all facilities in the hotel were excellent but best of all was the location.

The magic of Disney lasted 24/7

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

First off I would like to say my family had a wonderful time. Staff were very friendly and pools were clean and nice. Gym was good as was washing facility. The location is superb in being so close to Disneyland. The negatives were when we arrived from a 20 hour flight at the designated check in time the room was not ready for a further 2 hours. This hotel is very busy and since the lifts had maintenance problems we had several long queues for the lift which was a bit of a problem for the young children. It is a 4 star hotel and this shows in the room quality and the general amenity. Overall we loved it the people on the front desk were delightful. Tip - eat at the rainforest cafe great food and amenity the ESPN sports bar too.

Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Hefen

Okay,
First off, I have stayed at The Grand Californian a few times and let me tell ya: NOTHING is nicer than this one. Yes, the Grand Californian has a BEAUTIFUL lobby...but the rooms...nothing to write home about.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland! Yes, I'm one of those. It doesn't matter - I know I'm coming here and spending outrageous amounts of money on bottled water, pretzels shaped like MIckey's, and yes: HOTEL ROOMS. So, get used to it. However, when I come back from The Magic Kingdom, I want to relax LIKE AN ADULT~ and I'M SO GLAD that I gave this hotel a try. The shape of the actual hotel is cubic and streamlined. I loved the minimalist approach to the hotel lobby with classy hints and touches that are pure Disney: Tea Cups for seats in the main lobby, a framed old map of Disneyland of the past, and gorgeous classy chandeliers. What a treat!
I read many reviews of this property before deciding on WHERE to actually stay. And, you guys were right: THE ADVENTURE TOWER is the place to stay. It is the closest tower to Downtown Disney and we had a view of the pools from our room("UPPER LEVEL POOL VIEW").
I loved the layout of this resort. Once we finished with check in we made our way out towards the pool area and rolled our bags to the first building on the left - The Adventure Tower. The building are themed so it was a nice touch to see an old "Adventure Land" poster/painting in the lobby of this building.
Our room was GORGEOUS!! So much nicer than The Grand Californian could ever hope for. The headboards were extraordinary! It is a view of the Fireworks at Disneyland and when you turn on the light near your bed - The lights on the headboard turn on, a Disney themed song plays for a minute, and you remember why this place is so magical.
I don't know if anyone has noticed this but the design in the carpet is elegantly shaped like MICKEY'S!! Really, Disney? You sly dogs! I caught that! The bathroom is just as elegant with black marbled sinks and silver knobs (yes, more Disney shapes)....you gotta love this place.
THE BEDS WERE SO COMFORTABLE after a day of walking around the park you just collapse into them and are whisked into a deep, lovely sleep, and we didn't hear a peep from anything outside that room (from the hallway or the pool area).
What a magical experience. And, by the way, it is CHEAPER than the Grand Californian. My advice, save a few bucks and stay here. Yeah, you have to walk a bit longer to get to the front gates of Disneyland but it's so worth it.
One thing I will tell you and I've seen it in other reviews: THERE IS NO WATER PRESSURE in the shower as they have a water saver head installed. So, plan to spend a lot of time in there to wet your hair! Also, come on Disney: GIVE US SOME MORE SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! The bottles are ENTIRELY TOO SMALL for anyone's head of hair! It's just really ridiculous that they can't get larger bottles for the price we pay for the rooms. But, darn it! I'm at Disney and I will be happy NO MATTER WHAT!

Room Tip: Choose the Upper Level Pool View in The Adventure Tower. You are too far from anything to get a good view of the "resort"...there really is none.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank mcb1999
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the Disneyland Hotel overnight so that we can take our grandchildren to the park and take advantage of the extra Magic Hour early in the morning. We checked into the hotel and it was a mad house. We had to wait for over 20 minutes just to pre-register for the stay. It is a week day and summer has not even begun yet! They did have a nice waiting area for the little ones to watch TV shows while adults wait in line just to talk to someone at the counter.

The hotel is in a great location. It only took us 5 minutes to walk out of the hotel through downtown Disney to take the monorail directly into Tomorrowland. Again, it's not summer yet and the park is already very crowded. The wait for Dumbo was over 30 minutes.

We came back to the hotel after a long day at the park to our one bedroom suite. The room was clean but dated. The lighting in the two rooms were not bright, the remote on one of the TV did not work, and WIFi was very weak. We had to stand in certain part of the room just to get connected.

We got up early and had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. We had to wait for a long time to be seated even though we had a reservation and the restaurant was empty. The buffet was good. There were plenty of options. Pluto, Alice in Wonderland, Chip from Chip and Dale, and the gennie from Aladdin were walking around the restaurant greeting the kids.

We got to the Monorail at 7:50. There was already a long line. When we arrived at Fantasyland at 8:10, the wait for Dumbo was 25 minute. We are not sure how this could have happened. The extra Magic Hour is definitely overrated. We stayed overnight at the hotel for the early entry to the park and some how the wait for all the rides were all just as long.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophie B
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall, I was pretty disappointed by the Disneyland Hotel, given the exorbitant price. We had been encouraged to stay at one of the much cheaper suite hotels close by, but we thought being close to Disneyland would be really key. But, you're not really that close.
I had thought, given the price, that the hotel would be very nice. It's quite average, outdated. I thought it was going to be a very "Disney experience" - characters all around, etc. Only saw Goofy. The pool was not that exciting. I mean, it's nice, but I've certainly seen better pools. Plus, on the weekends there are NO seats available. So if you're getting this hotel in part because of the pool, you can't even really use it!
When we were checked in, the person at the front desk told us not to bother with the Monorail. "It's too crowded, it's not air conditioned. We are only a 10 minute walk away!" And I was like "but being next to the Monorail was one of the main reasons we decided to stay here!" I had envisioned that we would be in and out of the park all day, taking advantage of our convenient locale. But really, we could have walked out the front gate and gotten on a shuttle to a different hotel. With Disneyland Hotel, you have to make the 10 minute walk through Downtown Disney every time. We also thought the Magic Hour was a big selling point, but shlepping over to California Adventure at 6:45 AM (which was the only park available to us for magic hour on the days we were there) was just not happening.
So if you are thinking of staying here for 1) convenient location, 2) great pool, and 3) any semblance of luxury (I mean, it's about $500 a night!), think again!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family