Upon first glance, the Marriott Town Suites in Anaheim seems like a typical Marriott property. Clean property, well maintained and nicely furnished. The front counter staff is pleasant and courteous. However, upon closer inspection, the property is suffering from gradual disrepair. The unit we stayed in was chock full of issues. The biggest and probably the deadliest was the loose light switch in the bathroom. I received a shock strong enough to stun me for a second. I can't imagine what would have happened if my young daughter tried to turn off the switch instead of me. Front desk apologized with a smile and said maintenance would take care of it. I guess if I was still standing, it couldn't have been that bad.
The carpet was filthy. Our socks were black from walking round the room. We found water bottles, packaging and other stuff in the room from the previous occupants. We also discovered that the pull out soft bed linen was not changed. It was dirty, smelled and had hair all over it. Bad stuff. The light fixture above the work station was broken and did not turn on. The bathroom grout was full of mildew and hard water stains. The door to the building was broken so you did not need your card to open it. The grill at the pool needed maintenance. The knobs were stripped so that you couldn't turn on the grill without a pair of pliers.
This property has a take and go breakfast. You put your choices and amounts down on an order sheet and it will be ready for pick up at your designated time. We tried it twice, once early in the morning with no problems and once during the rush period of 8:00 am -8:30 am. One overworked staff member who was frazzled and complained that her partner did not come in, tried her best. Between low food supply, long lines and an order consisting of a grocery list, she was done. Forget courtesy, she just needed to get the orders out as the line grew longer. Other staff members calling their co workers out for their lack of sensibility was observed. They clearly needed additional staffing for the property. This is definitely not one of Marriott's better properties. Not sure where Town Suites is on the Marriott's hierarchy but I would assume this is considered their budget line based on personal observations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The TownePlace Suites by Marriott Anaheim is minutes away from the Anaheim Convention Center, Disneyland Resort Maingate and Honda Center. Taking in a baseball game is easy as we are steps away from the main entrance to Anaheim Angel Stadium. Enjoy shopping and dining at the nearby Block of Orange, Anaheim Garden Walk and Downtown Disney. This TownePlace Suites is a close home for those visiting New Horizons,UCI Medical Center and St. Joseph's Hospital. Stay in one of our spacious, newly renovated suites and enjoy a fully equipped kitchen. Adjacent food court with Starbucks and fast food offers several dining options.When it's time to relax, enjoy our outdoor pool and BBQ area. Keep up with your fitness routine with our two exercise facilities or Bally's next door. There are two guest laundry rooms on premises. TownePlace Suites Anaheim...the simple solution for extended stay ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Towneplace Suites Anaheim Hotel Anaheim
- Anaheim Towneplace Suites
- TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium California