“Bad experience but expect improvements”

TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Ranked #60 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Baltimore
“Bad experience but expect improvements”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

We booked 2 rooms for a trip to Disneyland and the experience was not what I have come to expect from Marriott properties. I won't get into all the details, but there were both service and cleanliness issues. The issues were substantial enough for a conversation with management and it sounds as if major changes are in progress and management did a really nice job of rectifying the situation. Given that changes are in the works, I would give this property another shot, as the location is really solid.

Stayed August 2014
Adam S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Mr. Whiskeyman,

We appreciate your feedback. having said that, rest assured that its our goal to provide not only top tier customer service, but also clean and comfortable rooms that are not only to our standards, but to you.. our guest. We are well on our way! As you know we are going to quite a bit of change, a needed change to enhance our customer service and ensure that all of our guests leave feeling confident that the next time they are in Anaheim, they will be coming back to our hotel.

Please reach out to me if there is anything else I can do for you!

Have a great day!

-Adam Sahagun

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nothing special. Easy to get on and off freeway. The hotel is a bit worn. Smallish pool. Fine for a few nights stay. Reasonable clean. not spotless. The front desk staff are vey helpful and friendly. The rooms are a bit musty smelling. Lots of families with kids. The hotel is quiet during the day and gets more lively after about 5, when families are tired and needing a rest from the parks. Free parking. The rate at the full service Marriot Convention Center was close to the same, but the parking is $24 per day there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Adam S, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium. I apologize that your recent stay was not satisfactory and appreciate your feedback.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. Please be assured that we are taking immediate corrective steps to avoid such problems in the future.

If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me directly at the phone number listed below. Once again, please accept my apology. We would like to regain your trust and we hope you will allow us an opportunity to provide you with an exceptional guest experience when your travels bring you back to this area.

Adam Sahagun
Towneplace Suites Anaheim Maingate
GMTPSA@T4shotels.com
714-939-9700
Austin, TX
Reviewed 6 August 2014

You can certainly do a lot worse in this area, can you do better I'm not sure.

First, the pros:
* It was $159/night for a 1 bedroom suite, which is cheaper than many hotels in the area.
* Free breakfast
* Free parking
* Location is great, close to Disney and Angels stadium
* Shuttle to Disney is cheap, $5/person, $2/kid round trip.
* Suites are comfortable.
* The coffee is very good, nice and dark.

Next, the cons:
* Room smelled like some cleaner that I couldn't identify. I don't know if the smell was to cover something else.
* The line for the two waffle makers was ridiculous. We waited over 30 minutes to make a waffle.
* The seating area for breakfast is very small.
* There are no meats/eggs for breakfast. This is unusual for a TownePlace. I need some protein in the morning. Only waffles, bread, muffins, and other starchy pastries.
* They closed breakfast at 9:26 AM one day instead of 9:30 AM like advertised. My wife tried to access the waffle iron but they had already turned it off. My wife told me and I brought attention to the manager, who quickly resolved the issue and allowed us to get waffles since it was still not 9:30 AM. This is unacceptable. If it closes at 9:30, they shouldn't start taking stuff down until 9:31 AM.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better, first floor lock is broken.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete our Guest Satisfaction Survey and sharing your experience with the TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium.

You indicated in your response that your stay was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

Adam Sahagun
TownePlace Suites Anaheim
adam.sahagun@marriott.com
714-939-9700
San Diego, California
Reviewed 11 July 2014

They like me sooo much at this hotel that they gave me a studio suite that had a flat screen tv, fully functioning fully equipped kitchen, comfortable bed, and a desk to do my work at. And in the morning they treated my to a nice continental type breakfast featuring cook your own hot waffles.

Kidding aside, they like everyone and they do this for all guest. And guest love this hotel. While I was here I meet business executives and families vacationing in the Disneyland area.

This hotel seemed to attract upper-middleclass type of client, as it is perfect for either long term or overnite stays.

There are about are 7 or 8 restaurants within walking distance including a Starbucks and Denny's and a mini-market located in the gas station across the street.

Angels Baseball Stadium and the Anaheim amtrak station are a short 10-15 minute walk.

I was able to check-in early as soon a the housekeepers cleaned a room and the front desk staff helped expedite the process. Great effort and customer service.

I like this hotel and most others will also.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Daniel H
JohnDAnaheim, Manager at TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and your great review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Anaheim and at our hotel. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to your next arrival.
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 July 2014

TownePlace Suites Anaheim is good if you are: a) traveling with kids; b) traveling with a team; c) are ok with a 3-star (at best) hotel. I give it 2.5 stars out of 5 stars. Located directly across Angel Stadium. It comes with a mini stove/oven, full sink, dishwasher, toaster, microwave, and refrigerator/freezer. Dinnerware/utensils for 4 people, pots/pans, 2 kitchen towels, 2 potholders, travel size dishwashing liquid (no sponge/pads), and one roll of paper towels are provided. I had a studio room with one queen and one sofa bed, which will comfortably accommodate 2 parents and 2 children under age 12. There is a Panda Express, Starbucks, Denny’s, Ice Cream shop, McDonalds, and Carl’s Jr. directly across the hotel and a few family restaurants within walking distance. It is a quick drive to Disneyland and the Convention Center. We traveled with a sports team so the location and amenities were adequate for large groups who want to save money. I was not happy with housekeeping. Staff appears sincere but inconsistent with services. I suggest you wash all dinnerware, pots and pans, and utensils when you arrive (large pot had dried spaghetti water residue). Fridge was not working properly (and door opened from the wrong side). Maintenance replaced it immediately, which was fortunate since the maintenance guy said it is sometimes difficult to replace if the hotel is full. The first day, I found a paper attached to the “Do Not Disturb” sign outside my door at 10 am that instructed to call the front desk before 3 pm if I wanted my room cleaned. The second day, I left at 8 am and my room was not cleaned when I returned at 3:30 p.m. When I called the front desk, they told me someone would clean it before they left at 5 p.m. and they forgot to replace the dishtowels (I had to run after them to obtain fresh ones). The third day we returned from Disneyland at midnight to find absolutely no bath towels (but hey, they replaced the dishtowels!). I had to walk to the front desk (in another building) to retrieve bath towels because the clerk could not leave her station. Finally, the toaster did not work and the drainage system in the bathtub was slow to drain. Bathroom sink is very small. Comes with a desk and chair, free wifi, and no place to sit if you open up the sofa into a bed. They offer continental breakfast daily but we purchased items from Albertson’s (a mile down the street). Overall, if you’re on a budget or traveling with a team, this hotel is ok but nothing fancy or memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and I apologize if you had issues during your stay as our primary goal is make sure our guests experience is a positive one. I'm sorry you didn't get service during the time frame you would have liked. If I may suggest next time you stay with us. Please inform the front desk when a convenient time during your stay housekeeping can enter your room and we would be happy to honor that. Currently our housekeeper work from 9am to 530pm. Thank you again for staying with us.
Santa Maria
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Good value and location. It's walking distance to Angels Stadium and some eateries. Our family enjoyed the complimentary cookies, fruit and water upon check in. That was a nice touch. The breakfast is decent. There was only one waffle maker, so I had to wait in line for almost 1/2 hr to make a waffle. I would suggest taking a toaster off the counter and replacing it with another waffle maker. There were (2) 4 slice toasters. I observed only two slots being used at a time, whereas there was a line 15 deep at times of people waiting to make waffles. The parking spaces are tight too. Overall...a good stay.

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your kind words on trip advisor about our location I am happy to hear you enjoyed your time at our hotel and Anaheim. Thank you for the bring to my attention the breakfast issue you had and I will personally look into a second waffle making station. Thank you again for staying and we look forward to next arrival.
oregon
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked a two bedroom suite for 5 nights. Spacious, and most all in working order minus the master bedroom door and tv....both of which had issues. Staff was attentive and responsive to all concerns. Laundry facilities were not the greatest, recommend taking your clothes to the nearby laundromat if you do not wish to sit around for two hours for two loads. They have a Disneyland shuttle stop via ART that is great...$5 per person. My only complaint would be the price, I thought it too high but then again, welcome to So. Cal.

Room Tip: Nearby train does not interfere. Only noise to disturb was landscaping crew. 7:00 am with the gas bl...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us during your time in Anaheim. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for bringing the laundry facilities to our attention. We have currently purchased several new washers and dryers that are arriving soon to replace some of the older units with have on site. We look forward to your next arrival with us and thank you again for staying with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
Staybridge Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Anaheim - Orange
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
Candlewood Suites Anaheim - Resort Area
The Comfort Inn & Suites Anaheim, Disneyland Resort
Residence Inn Anaheim Maingate

Been to TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium? Share your experiences!