The Katella Palms Hotel at Disneyland Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
Peacock Suites(Anaheim)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2003

We much enjoyed our stay here. Staff were extremely friendly, management came out to say hello etc. The full service restaurant provides incredible prices and very good food/large servings. Kids enjoyed the large pool and coin-op games while we liked the size and layout of the hotel property. Too far to walk from Disney, but the shuttle was clean, new and very regular - even the driver was incredible. All in all, excellent value for the money BTW - granite counter tops in the rooms!

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Las Vegas, NV
Reviewed 19 May 2003

I had booked this hotel BEFORE I read the terrible reviews it had gotten and was quite worried about the choice I had made. I was expecting the worst, and when we arrived everything went great from check in to check out. The rooms were clean and spacious. There was no noises to keep us awake and the staff was great. The hotel offers a free shuttle to and from Disneyland, and that was a nice touch. I plan to stay there again on my next visit.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sacramento, Ca.
Reviewed 13 April 2003

When my mom booked the hotel room she asked for a room near the lobby.... we were placed about as far away as you can get from the lobby! We asked 3 times to be moved finally my mom thretened the Better Business Burrow and they moved us..... into a room that smelt like pot had carpet stain of God knows what ANNNNNNNND bed stains... if you know where i'm going! the employees were rude the room sucked and the pool was dirty! Never Again!!! Best western, Sheraton and Jolly Roger are much better!!!

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2003

We actually booked through Walt Disney Travel as a "Good Neighbor Hotel". First impression of the place was alright, I can understand the lobby was under reconstruction and the place looked like a Motel. Fine. Our room reeked of something like sweat and cat urine; we took off our shoes and discovered the carpet feel like dry goo. Our feet were--PITCH BLACK-- and so we decided to lay the sheets on the floor for our protection. Secondly this was a surprise because the room looked brand new, and the bathroom smelled like new paint & stuff (which was fine). But in the morning we found out the shower floods the bathroom if you don't keep the spray low. It was like the Mississippi River in there! We came back from Disneyland later the next day to find that our bathroom shower curtain was torn down and left on the floor for us to put up. Why they did that I have NOOO clue. Had the beds not been made up everyday, we would never have known housekeeping was there. We NEVER had new towels even despite calls to the front desk every day, I considered going to Target to buy a new set for the stay! And then came the BRATS from upstairs. Ok, I have a 3 & 5 yr old. We're not going to be the quietest in the world, but at least we try to be peaceful. On July 3rd, we awoke to stomping and LOUDDDD horseplay from the rudeness of the new upstairs tenants around 1am. I swear there must have been 5 kids to that dinky room. We called management, and were told they'd take care of it, blah blah blah. We called the front desk so many times we thought we'd have to call the police to enforce the city's noise ordinance. We went through three nights of this. And then when we got back on our 4th night from San Diego around midnight, we found out all our keycards had been deactivated. I went up to the front desk and was told because they weren't sure we were staying the whole time, they automatically did this after the 3rd night. Hello! We PREPAID for this dump! And I had to go back yet again because the first time Travel 2x's to express our concern over the $125/nt (!!!!!) stay, and were told they'd have to do an investigation and get back to us. Nobody did. We wrote WDT a letter, nobody responded still. Your best bet would be anything without RAMADA in the name.

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member