US$175
US$155
Sheraton.com
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 02/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$236
US$201
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Indigo Anaheim(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$178
HotelIndigo.com
Free cancellation until 01/08
Book now, pay at stay
US$209
  • Restaurant
Portofino Inn & Suites Anaheim Hotel(Anaheim)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 03/08
US$574
US$507
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 July 2005

This is the worst example of a terrible hotel surviving due to Disneyland. The rooms are filthy, musty, and a place I would not want you or anyone else to stay in. This hotel ruined a great vacation by having rude staff, terrible service, room keys that would not work. Our room had DIRTY carpets, that were wrinkled and loose. My 4 year old found an old baby pacifier under the bed skirt. The towels are limited, and have seen better days. DO NOT stay here if you want your family to enjoy their vacation.

• Stayed: July 2005
5  Thank Bubbaleemt
A TripAdvisor Member
California
Reviewed 6 July 2005

On July 3 through 5, 2005, I rented room 317 at the Katella Palms Hotel in Anaheim, California. I was disappointed because of the quality of the room being unclean and partially dysfunctional and the service provided being unsatisfactory.
Upon first arrival walking into the room, my travel companion and I found a cockroach in the process of dying on top of the television center. When calling the front desk the only opportunity given was for staff to come to the room and take the bug out. I asked if there were any other options available other than to come and take it out, and the response I got was that there were none. I was disappointed with this considering that I was capable and did put the nearly dead bug but in the trash. The second issue causing me to see the room as being unclean and dysfunctional was the burn holes in the furniture in the non-smoking room and the dirty toilet and shower. The spots on the toilet looked like urine spots while the shower needed to be scrubbed. Another reason was when showering the water temperature fluctuated from scalding hot water to icy cold water without any interference from neither the toilet nor the sink faucet. Additionally, one out of the two keys given at the time of check in was found to be dysfunctional and later the second key also became dysfunctional. We had to go to the front desk to get another key to work. Though this was minor, it was an inconvenience for us as we were in a hurry. Lastly, the room’s walls were so thin that the people in the room behind the bed were up being active causing the bed to hit the wall many times up until 3am the following day.
The reasons I found the service to be unsatisfactory was according to the description of the hotel by ________ and others, “You may choose to drive or take advantage of the FREE scheduled shuttle to and from the Convention Center, Disneyland Park, Anaheim Sports Arena and the Anaheim Stadium.” When I had called the front desk on Monday July 4, 2005 to take advantage of the free shuttle to the Anaheim Angel’s Stadium, the staff knew nothing about what I was talking about. This was one of the main reasons for staying at the hotel besides the fact of having a sauna, pool, and hot tub. When attending the pool and hot tub we found it to be dirty and without towels either time we attempted to enjoy your amenities. Also, the sauna was tiny and dim causing me to feel slightly claustrophobic. Additionally, I would highly recommend that the staff inform future room renters of the .50 cent charge to local calls at the time of check in. I wasn’t made aware of this until I was checking out and was asked to pay the incurred charges. Lastly, we found the restaurant to be a grimy place to eat and the bar to be uncomfortably rundown.

• Stayed: July 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2005

this hotel is nothing exiciting really, its just some old neighbour hotel near dineyland. it was clean in someway, but what was not good is that the sheets and blankets werevery old. everything was very old in that hotel, but if you are looking for a cheaper stay than the disneyland hotel or sth higher class, this is a nice place. it is good fur budget travelers.

3  Thank frosty205
Reviewed 19 June 2005

I was very, very worried about staying at this hotel after reading all of the negative comments. However, I am happy to report that it was quite an enjoyable experience! The exterior of the hotel was very clean and neat; plants were green and trimmed, lobby was bright, and there were always staff cleaning the rooms and the grounds. They were also very good about accomodating our room request; the first room was on the ground floor in front of the stairs (obviously would be noisy), and when we went back to ask for another room, they gave us several alternatives and we were allowed to check them out before we made a decision. Obviously, some common sense is required to select a room; if you're in front of the pool, it will be noisy! If you're near stairs or an elevator or some other public space, it will also be noisy! We definitely didn't want a room in front of the pool, but I can see how convenient it would be if you have kids (quick access). We had a very restful first night; you couldn't hear any sounds from your neighbouring suites, except for their doors closing and water running. The room was spacious for the two of us and very neat and clean; no dust, no garbage, and the bathroom was very clean and white. However, the beds were a bit TOO soft, but I didn't feel any springs through them or anything like that. We didn't want regular maid service, so I can't comment on this. A fridge and microwave are available for rent, $5/item per day.
So overall, a very good experience for the price that we paid (obviously won't be like a 5-star hotel), but I would recommend this place to others and I would definitely stay here again.

5  Thank BCTravelling_bum
Reviewed 5 June 2005

We booked our room on the internet and the description and picture were great. But when we arrived we found scuzzy excuse for a sprts bar and what appeared to be an old Super 8 or something. The parking lot appeared to be almost empty which is odd for any hotel on a thursday night, and yet we were given a room around the far side of the back building. We had requested a lower level room since we have a small child but were given an upstairs room that smeloled like old urine, smoke, and air freshener. We asked to be moved adn were moved...next door. One room over NICE> Then we asked to be moved again this time next to a trucking depot. This room didn't smell but we found empty chip wrappers in the drawers, crumbs in the sheets, mol in the shower. But the worst was the loose electrical outlet and broken lamp oin the room. I had to spend the whole trip keeping my son away from the outlet so he wouldn't get electricuted. To top it off, the water pressure was horrible, and there was a police helicopter circiling the whole night. When we checked out we were surprised to see a maid in uniform leaving a nearby room with what appeared to be two male friends. Needles to say we checked out at 7:15 in the AM and found another hotel. It took over an hour and tears for Hotels to let us move hotels without charging us another night. Find another Hotel!!!!!

3  Thank Mariebristow