“Good value!”

The Katella Palms Hotel at Disneyland Resort
Ranked #85 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 5 November 2005

We were in Anaheim for one night to catch game 5 of the ALCS. We booked Katella Palms because it was reasonably priced ($92 ridiculously high tax included) and it's within walking distance to Angel's Stadium. I was skeptical of the motel because of some of the reviews here. But there was no reason to be, we found our room to be large and clean. Only complaint is that the bed was rock hard. Additionally, the outside noise could be heard from within the room. It didn't bother us, but I could see how could be bothersome for some. Lastly, we were annoyed that the hotel didn't carry ESPN or another sports channel. Overall, it was great stay. Especially, since we witnessed the White Sox clinch the ALCS.

2  Thank Juhl

Edmonton Alberta Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2005

The hotel itself is far from being one of those modern Chrome and Glass high rise building, but that in itself is where the difference begins.

The hotel property is spacious which is very much welcomed after a long day at Disneyland. The pool area is surrounded by nice old Palm Trees and cooling shrubs. We had our own private cook out by the pool, can you beat that ???

But the best point about this hotel is the "Hotel Staff"

They went out of their way to make sure we had a great stay at the Katella Palms. Every request was promptly complyed with

The Resturant located at the hotel was only to happy to dish up special Mexican Food items that we requested. The bar was one of our highlights. We ran into one of the "Mighty Ducks" Hockey players. It was great!!! And he bought most of our drinks that night.......can you believe that ???

Anyway, it was simply great

I recommemd to anyone that wants to enjoy Southern California without the pushing crowds, car fumes and or sky scrapers.........Stay at and enjoy The Katella Palms Hotel in Anaheim Calif.

Tony Silvain
tonybetty@shaw.ca

Reviewed 1 November 2005

First off, if you go to Anaheim and plan to spend extended amounts of time in hotel room, then this is probably not the place for you. We probably spent less than a hour a day in our room (not including sleeping and getting ready). The room was clean, everything seemed to work properly. I thought the staff went way out of their way to accomodate various, yet simple, requests. The shuttle took us multiple times even though it wasn't part of their regualr schedule without me even having to ask. I would stay here again.

2  Thank standuptriple
Reviewed 21 October 2005

We recently stayed at the Katella Palms Hotel. We were quite worried after seeing the reviews. We were very happy with our stay. We were there Oct 9-19th 2005. The lobby was spacious and check in staff very friendly. We found our rooms were on the lower level in the pool courtyard where we had requested. The pool closed at 10 so it was quite quiet back there. With the A/C fan on in our room we found we all slept very well. On multiple occasions we requested more towels or pillows and were always accommodated quite quickly.

The Room was tidy every day and the double sink outside of the bathroom served us well. The beds were comfortable and sheets fresh every day. We did not see any critters of any type during our entire stay. I do not know what the previous report on that was about. The ladies did a great job in the room. We could tell by the folding of the towels which lady had been there. My son liked the one who layed out his outfits from Build a Bear which he had left in a mess on the bed. Fresh coffee was left every day as well as shampoo, soap, q-tips etc...The carpet was well vacumed and surfaces wiped. The water pressure was fantastic and we noticed no fluctuation in temperature at any time during our stay.

The giftshop in the lobby has the essentials so that if you have forgotten anything you can pick it up for less money than at Disneyland. The Shuttle stop is cute and if the shuttle is full they send another quite quickly. I think it is a shame for people to complain about this. It is a free service and the hotel pictures depict the size of it. It is a quick trip to DL so you are never waiting long. We found the drivers polite and frequently gave the boys a dollar to tip when getting off. The driver was always on time and never left before his designated departure.

The lobby staff was very helpful in booking all shuttles to various destinations and giving directions to other locations. The Shark tanks thoughout the Restaurant and lobby were enjoyed by our sons. The only dissapointment in this area was the lack of internet in our room. Hardwire would be OK. There was internet in the lobby and wireless in some rooms. We did use the computer there and emailed home a few times. I would like to see that upgraded if it is not a major expense. The lobby was always clean and we frequently saw staff polishing the brass and wiping down the refuse cans outside. The waterfall near the entrance was pretty as well.

The restaurant was a huge plus. Every morning we ate there. The boys often had Mickey Mouse Pancakes that came with an egg and sausage or bacon along with whip cream and chocolate chips. Their meal included a drink too. The adults had eggs/bacon etc. The kids ate free so all we had was our bill which was usually 11 dollars or so not including tip. That is feeding 4 people very well. We usually ate a meal at Disneyland and then had a late dinner at the restaurant again. The boys loved food and staff. We found the prices great and food good as well. Our server was very friendly everytime we went. The food was on the table very quickly and was tasty. I had a roast beef dinner/burger/sandwhich/homemade soup and enjoyed it all. We did not spend much time in the Sports Bar but I did pop over to check the score on a game and grab a beer.

The Pool was large and clean. We did spend a fair amount of time in it. They do need to keep and eye on the amount of towels as there was often none. We took our room towels and would just call for more and they brought them to the room. We saw the pool being cleaned frequently.

The price on the hotel was great for what it offered us. I would not hesitate to stay again. Very close to DL/Stadiums and Hockey. We are an average family who are middle class wage earners. THere were two boys and two adults on our trip. A vacation is what you make of it and I do not need the luxury of having my bags carried or chocolates on my pillow but will add that had we have asked for assistance the staff probably would have been more than willing. Happy Travels!

10  Thank HiHoOffWeGo
Julian, CA
Reviewed 21 August 2005

My family and I chose this hotel because it was withen walking distance to the Anaheim stadium and had a free shuttle service to Disneyland. I thought the overall appearance of the hotel and room were clean and well kept. I was comfortable and slept well. There was a weird smell when we first entered the hotel room. My husband said it was probably the air conditioning. Maybe they need to change the filters. If your a sport fan they do not provide ESPN (my husband was very disappointed). We noticed two other hotels up the street so we would probably look into those next time if we were going to another baseball game.

• Stayed: August 2005
Reviewed 12 August 2005

We stayed here for three nights at the end of July. Mixed feelings on this one. The room was typical motel standard, comfortable but a little damp smelling, but clean all the same. Avoid a room overlooking the pool area as the kids will drive you mad until very late in the evenings......We used the restaurant next to the hotel for breakfast, and this was ok. Another place not to stay if you want to relax but to be expected I suppose as it is cheap and close to Disney !

• Stayed: July 2005
2  Thank DaveRuss
La Mesa, CA
Reviewed 7 August 2005

I reserved a room to stay at the Katella Palms for the last week in July. When I called to inquire about the accomodations, the front desk clerk was not only rude, but apathetic and appeared annoyed that I was wasting his time with any questions. I cancelled my reservation on the spot. If that is the type of person that is the first contact with a potential guess, count me out!

Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anaheim
TownePlace Suites Anaheim Maingate Near Angel Stadium
Extended Stay America - Orange County - Katella Ave.
ALO Hotel
ALO Hotel
#2 of 15 in Orange
Country Inn & Suites Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
Ayres Hotel Anaheim
#6 of 118 in Anaheim
Travelodge Anaheim Convention Center

Been to The Katella Palms Hotel at Disneyland Resort? Share your experiences!