Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
GreenLeadersGold level
Windsor, California
“Niiiiice!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last six weeks. Rooms are very well appointed, great beds, pillows and comforter. There is a spa here which I have not tried but would like to. The restaurant is a welcome addition with plenty of offerings for most people. Good bar and fair wine list. No need to drive back to Redding or elsewhere unless you really want to get back in that car. Breakfast offered as well. Pets are fine and if you have a room on the ground floor the sliding door lets you out to a great doggie area; just bring your poop bags of course. It is quiet here and I love that even though it is not far off the freeway.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We as a team strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a positive experience. We arrived after sunset. The parking lot is not well-lit. While I did not mind this, some people might not be comfortable with it. My spouse mentioned it. Our room was very spacious, one of the largest standard rooms I have stayed in. The lobby served a good coffee from Portland. We used the pool and hot tub, and they were nice. This a different hotel, and that is a good thing. The hotel values environmentally friendly practices. The room was very nice. This seems like newer property.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.
Folsom, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

The reservation staff seemed friendly but uninformed and unorganized. Making a reservation was easy, but the reservation was lost when we later checked just to confirm. It happened with our friends as well who were also staying at the Gaia. This happened three other times, but they did have a room for us when we arrived.
Rooms were very nice. We called ahead to see about having a small refrigerator in our room. No problem they said, and they delivered as promised. Rooms were spacious and the hotel grounds were very nicely landscaped. The pool was less than desirable. It was clean, but very small and sort of out of the way. Rather than be in the middle (courtyard) it was towards the rear of the hotel and fenced off. Maybe enough room for 10 people- not enough for this spacious hotel. We wanted to use the pool, but there wasn't enough room.
This hotel would have received a better rating if it were not for the poor reservation service and the size/location of the pool. Overall it was a nice and pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the courtyard
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We are always appreciative of feedback from our guests and the opportunity to make improvements. I would like to apologize for the confusion at check in. I will address this with the appropriate department to ensure that this does not happen with other guests. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and your stay. Thank you again for staying with us we truly value your business and look forward to seeing you again in the future.
sacramento, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Traveling between the SF Bay Area and Oregon, and stumbled upon a gem right off the highway. The design of the buildings and the grounds were a pleasant surprise. The facility has an eco-friendly feel without being pretentious. The staff at the lobby desk were lovely - the rooms were significantly higher in quality than i expected based on the price. I paid higher than the other reviewer - $129 plus tax - however, we happened to travel on a weekend when all hotels in Redding were booked - we backtracked to the Gaia and I am so glad we did. The restaurant was a bit high for the value - $40.00 for a breakfast for 3 with tax and tip. The food was good and it was nice to have a healthy meal to start the day.

1 Thank catherinek524
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I’d also like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review on your recent stay here. Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

I actually love this hotel, and will continue to stay here when I have to travel through the area, which is frequently. It certainly is the best option in the Redding area.
The pros: quiet, lovely setting, rooms are spacious, I love the sustainable agenda, easy access, staff extremely friendly, rooms are spotless, the bartender is terrific and can make some really amazing cocktails.
The cons: the restaurant. They are trying to do a good job, and appreciate the earnestness, but the staff is inexperienced, and cannot prioritize, so some customers are left waiting for quite a while, and in the end, sometimes elect to depart before being served. The food can be good, and can be really really bad. A friend of mine got food poisoning after eating the fish tacos. Burgers overcooked, fries soggy.
I will still stay here, but I won't eat here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay here. We truly value and appreciate your business. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room; we strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. I would like to apologize for your experience in the restaurant; this is not the normal quality of service that we like to provide. We appreciate you sharing so that we have an opportunity to make improvements where necessary. Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Dublin, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Stayed three nights at the Gaia Shasta hotel and I would highly recommend it to road weary travelers wanting a place that is convenient, clean and lovely. We used it as a stopover on the way from the Bay Area to Oregon, and back. It is right off the freeway so it is very convenient, but once you're inside the hotel area, you can't tell the freeway is right beside it. You don't really hear it and you're distracted by the lovely surroundings - eco-friendly hotel, with eco-friendly grounds.

I also love their other eco-friend designs - the circular shape of each building with an oasis in the middle of each one is brilliant use of space, and the rooms themselves are very spacious. They use refillable containers for shampoo and soap which is a great idea. Love the solar light tubes in the bathroom. And very top in my books, the rooms we stayed in were very clean and smelled nice.

The pool was a wonderful bonus - clean and heated! It was nice to relax and enjoy the water after a long drive! My 4 year old had a blast!

My only minor issues are 1) that some of the food (steak special and chicken teriyaki chicken) in the restaurant were average and not worth the price. The ribs and the carrot cake were pretty good though. 2) pillows were far to soft and fluffy for my liking.

Overall, I would highly recommend this place either a stopover or to a place to stay will visiting Shasta or the Lassen Volcanic National Park (only about an hour away, so it's not so bad). Good value for your money ($99/night)

Room Tip: Room facing the water fountains. Also, try to get one that has a refrigerator as I don't think a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
I would first like to thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review on your recent stay at our hotel. We truly appreciate your business! I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
paola, ks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were travelling to see Mt. Shasta and looking for something inexpesnive yet interesting to stay. I found this hotel on TripAdvisors. It looked interesting and was ! The rooms were very spacious and quite comfortable. There was a neat restaurant onsite. For Sunday's dinner when we arrived, they had a buffet and a pasta bar for $15 per person. The selection was wonderful and we were stuffed !

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Red Lion Hotel Redding
#12 of 37 in Redding
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hilltop Inn

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!