“Good for business, too”

Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here while in the area for a couple of days on business. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. I called before I got there because I had read reviews about no wifi at the hotel. The front desk person told me they installed a brand new wifi system and it worked great. I didn't have any trouble with getting a strong signal anywhere near my room or in the restaurant.

Food was good. I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and it seemed like there were a lot of locals there (which is usually a good sign).

This is definitely a good stop if driving between Portland and San Francisco and a place I'd go back if work brings me back to Redding again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed S
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We appreciate hearing all of your positive comments! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wonderful staff, awesome food, spacious rooms! Rooms could use lamps that are designed for reading. The grounds need another gardener(large, well landscaped) as it's clearly too much for just the maintaince fellow. River front property with no view due to vegetation and nowhere to sit outside. Should be a 5star destination, sadly only 3.5-4. A diamond in the rough!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on your recent stay here. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. We are currently in the process of making improvements to our landscaping, a project we hope to have completed in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here one night on road trip. While I appreciate the attempts at "going green", overall comfort level suffers. There was not enough light to read by (only 1 bedside lamp for two beds) and there was only one chair, although it is a room meant for two people. There was very little tissue or bathroom paper and it felt generally very "sparse". Maybe that's their point of view, but not for the price. There are more amenities in an ordinary Holiday Inn Express.... As others have noted, there are no elevators to the second floor and, it seems, nowhere to really sit outside. Outside space and pool not impressive. The beds were comfortable, and it was quiet until about 7:30 am when the "tree trimmers" began their work.........

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We are always appreciative of feedback from our guests and the opportunity to make improvements. We are currently in the process of doing some upgrades to our guest rooms. I will pass on your comments to the appropriate departments. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

How could the front desk not let me know that there are no elevators available for people on the second floor? At the very least, she should have asked if I needed help with my bags. I walked all the way around the entire building looking for an elevator and then ended up having my husband and 11 year old son lug 3- 30 lbs bags up to our room. Very disappointed in the service.

• Stayed: August 2013
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the lack of communication regarding not having an elevator. I can assure you that this is will be addressed with the appropriate department to ensure that this is handled differently in the future. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful, there are lovely courtyards and walking paths though the landscaping needs some work-the weeds are taking over. The ground floor has patios-but no chairs to sit on out there. I think they get their three star rating from the spa and meeting room because the pool is very plain and the rooms themselves are very basic. The towels were thin, small, and scratchy. The bed was comfortable and the sheet were nice.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We are always appreciative of feedback from our guests and the opportunity to make improvements. We are currently in the process of making improvements to our landscaping, a project we hope to have completed in the near future. Thank you again for staying with us! We hope to see you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last six weeks. Rooms are very well appointed, great beds, pillows and comforter. There is a spa here which I have not tried but would like to. The restaurant is a welcome addition with plenty of offerings for most people. Good bar and fair wine list. No need to drive back to Redding or elsewhere unless you really want to get back in that car. Breakfast offered as well. Pets are fine and if you have a room on the ground floor the sliding door lets you out to a great doggie area; just bring your poop bags of course. It is quiet here and I love that even though it is not far off the freeway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We as a team strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We had a positive experience. We arrived after sunset. The parking lot is not well-lit. While I did not mind this, some people might not be comfortable with it. My spouse mentioned it. Our room was very spacious, one of the largest standard rooms I have stayed in. The lobby served a good coffee from Portland. We used the pool and hot tub, and they were nice. This a different hotel, and that is a good thing. The hotel values environmentally friendly practices. The room was very nice. This seems like newer property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit at our hotel. I was pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Travelodge Redding CA
Travelodge Redding CA
#6 of 37 in Redding
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!