Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Anderson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our reurtn to San francisco from central Oregon. Drove past it the first time listening to the GPS as from the road it looked like an industrial complex or office complex. We were very pleasently supprised when we checked in. The front desk staff was very nice, thr room was ready. This hotel consists of several buildings that are not connected, the main buildings are each two story and circular in nature. We opped for the upgrade to a room that over looked the central bond complex. As the temperature was around 104F when we arrived we headed to the pool. The pool was clean and had pleanty of towels. The water was a nice temperature. There is a resturant attached, which we chose to use after driving most of the afternoon. The food was good, and the price was reasonable. Have the local wine, it was extremely inexpensive, and very good. The room was very large and comfortable. Could have used another chair in the sitting area. Would definately stay again if traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Pay the extra to look at the pond/water feature, or else you are looking at the highway and parking...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post such a review on your visit. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We strive to provide clean and comfortable accommodations for all of our guests. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 September 2013 via mobile

We had a bad experience checking in, AC stopped working middle of night. Front office is not helpful. They are polite but not helpful.

Fitness center has only 2 machines which work.

If you are looking at a place to stay on the way not a bad property but do not expect anything more than a motel.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We are always appreciative of feedback from our guests and the opportunity to make improvements. I would like to apologize for the air conditioning unit not working in your room. We were able to get this fixed so that this does not happen to another guest. I will address your concerns with the Guest Services department to ensure that these types of situations are handled differently in the future. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

there are not many places to live in Anderson CA, found Gaia beyond my expectation, staff was very friendly. very good experience overall,there are not many places to live in Anderson CA, found Gaia beyond my expectation, staff was very friendly. very good experience overall,

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Narendra K
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a kind review! I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here while in the area for a couple of days on business. The rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. I called before I got there because I had read reviews about no wifi at the hotel. The front desk person told me they installed a brand new wifi system and it worked great. I didn't have any trouble with getting a strong signal anywhere near my room or in the restaurant.

Food was good. I had dinner and breakfast in the restaurant and it seemed like there were a lot of locals there (which is usually a good sign).

This is definitely a good stop if driving between Portland and San Francisco and a place I'd go back if work brings me back to Redding again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Ed S
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We appreciate hearing all of your positive comments! Thank you again for staying with us, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 15 August 2013

Wonderful staff, awesome food, spacious rooms! Rooms could use lamps that are designed for reading. The grounds need another gardener(large, well landscaped) as it's clearly too much for just the maintaince fellow. River front property with no view due to vegetation and nowhere to sit outside. Should be a 5star destination, sadly only 3.5-4. A diamond in the rough!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a kind review on your recent stay here. I was happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and your room. I will pass your compliments onto the appropriate departments. We are currently in the process of making improvements to our landscaping, a project we hope to have completed in the near future. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area!

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Stayed here one night on road trip. While I appreciate the attempts at "going green", overall comfort level suffers. There was not enough light to read by (only 1 bedside lamp for two beds) and there was only one chair, although it is a room meant for two people. There was very little tissue or bathroom paper and it felt generally very "sparse". Maybe that's their point of view, but not for the price. There are more amenities in an ordinary Holiday Inn Express.... As others have noted, there are no elevators to the second floor and, it seems, nowhere to really sit outside. Outside space and pool not impressive. The beds were comfortable, and it was quiet until about 7:30 am when the "tree trimmers" began their work.........

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us, and for taking the time to post a review on your visit. We are always appreciative of feedback from our guests and the opportunity to make improvements. We are currently in the process of doing some upgrades to our guest rooms. I will pass on your comments to the appropriate departments. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 August 2013 via mobile

How could the front desk not let me know that there are no elevators available for people on the second floor? At the very least, she should have asked if I needed help with my bags. I walked all the way around the entire building looking for an elevator and then ended up having my husband and 11 year old son lug 3- 30 lbs bags up to our room. Very disappointed in the service.

• Stayed: August 2013
KatyL749, Front Office Manager at Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

I would first like to thank you for staying with us; we truly value and appreciate your business. I would also like to thank you for taking the time to share about your visit at our hotel. I would like to apologize for the lack of communication regarding not having an elevator. I can assure you that this is will be addressed with the appropriate department to ensure that this is handled differently in the future. Thank you again for staying with us, we hope to see you again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anderson
Fairfield Inn & Suites Redding
Travelodge Redding CA
Travelodge Redding CA
#6 of 37 in Redding
Hampton Inn & Suites Redding

Been to Gaia Hotel & Spa Redding, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member? Share your experiences!